5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality safety light for visibility in low light conditions.
Good quality and nicely designed light with various flashing modes. It's main purpose is for visibility, and this is something it does quite well. It is useful for foggy or low light conditions, and areas that are lit up at night. It will not light up the way in front of you while cycling, but that's not what it's for. Also doubles as a handy torch - and this is one of...
Published on 11 Dec 2010 by PQ

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok light
It's slightly annoying that it is fuelled by expensive lithium 3V batteries rather than rechargeable batteries. It also goes off in my bag and runs the battery down. Would be good to have a safety switch on it.
Published 6 months ago by Vicky Green

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 14 Oct 2011
This front light is very good because:

- Small and easy to take off the bike.
- Really bright for a safety light that has only 2 leds.
- The design is quite good.
- 5 different modes (3 of them are flashing modes)

I didn't have the problem that some users stated on their reviews about the batteries being dead on arrive.

1.0 out of 5 stars no refund, does not work, awful instructions, 13 Oct 2011
P. C. White "gottleib" (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
No reply and no refund - avoid. A flimsy product that did not work and has no usable instructions. It is certainly not worth the price paid for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright & Fun, 10 Oct 2011
A really fun little bike light, fits easily to the handlebars and has 3 different light options. Perfect size to put in your coat pocket if you don't want to leave it on your bike when you are out and about.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 6 Oct 2011
I don't normally write reviews, but felt obligated to fellow cyclists to do so now. Got this light and it didn't work. Bought new batteries for it...worked for one ride then didn't work again. A complete waste of money - which is a shame as I have had other Knog lights that worked brilliantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and functional., 25 Aug 2011
I was surprised by the size of the Knog Beetle as it is so compact - although still nice and bright. It fitted easily and neatly on my handlebars. I've had two other front lights for my bike and this is by far the best and wasn't the most expensive. I'm really pleased with it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but....., 12 April 2011
Product is fantastic, bright, extremely small and convenient. Feel let down by amazon who supplied unit with completely dead batteries, didn't return as i needed asap so got stuck with the cost of replacing batteries myself. pity you cant rate amazon like other dealers. Product itself is Fantastic 5 star!

4.0 out of 5 stars So tiny but so bright!!, 18 Oct 2009
I ordered one of these last week to match my pink bike (Don't laugh) and it is so tiny!! The light is really bright, my only real complaint is that i find the 4 settings a bit pointless, it has a stable light and then 3 different types of flashing...kinda annoying that you have to scroll throught all 3 to get back to the stable one too! Its also a little tricky to operate whilst you're on the move although i expect it will become easier once its been 'broken in' a bit! It's a really good light for the price though and i would reccomend it!

1.0 out of 5 stars product never worked, 26 May 2011
This looked like a great product, but on receipt, the batteries were already dead. Having bought new batteries for it, the product did not work. Really disappointing. Knog Beetle 2 Led Front Light - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars smaller than expected, 8 Aug 2014
Thought this would be a lot bigger than knot frog strobe light. V little difference in length. Good bright light.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting curiosity..., 24 Sep 2012
Well, the post missed me for about 3 days otherwise it would`ve been a fast delivery. No one`s fault really.

However, when I finally `caught` the product the first thing I noticed on opening the envelope was that the light was on! I thought maybe it was the packaging and a few bumps from the courier, but the Light comes in a sturdy transparent case to keep it safe and secure. Was the light on for nearly a whole week?

I couldn`t see how to turn off the light. All my pressings did nothing. The whole object is smooth and so any kind of on\off switch was hard to detect. The manual was not very explanatory showing only basic diagrams. Using these diagrams I opened the Beetle and took out the two batteries which cut the light at last. I left it apart like that for a while.

An hour later, I went back to it and studied the little thing, like an inquisitive scientist checking out a newly discovered strange black insect. I replaced the batteries and sealed the object. The Light flickered a bit, but stayed off once properly closed. I pressed just behind the bulb area and it switched on to life with normal constant, blink and a slow blinking shine. It worked even better when I attached it to the bike bars to test.

It`s small, really small, perhaps the size of a King`s signet ring? The quality of the black plastic is good and it catches onto a more rigid plastic hook at the back to hold onto the bike. It`s a secure and tight fit- It won`t bounce around. The light was not dimmed considering how long it might have been on, but did not look as bright as it should be for something so tiny. I may have to get new batteries, but they`re cheap enough computer motherboard types.

Asthetically, I like it, it looks cool. The idea of it I like as it`s very easy to fit and remove. But will it survive the standard rigours of a cycling routine through weather and wear and tear. I`ll update you on that later... For now, 3 Stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›