Colour Name: Blue|Size: 6 ft/1.8 m|Change
Price:£4.61+ Free shipping

on 5 October 2011
It works well on both USB2 AND USB3 ports on the computer, it is backward compatible. The different USB3 end fits into your USB3 device, so this cable won't replace a standard USB cable. I use it on a USB3 external hard drive and it works on both my USB2 and USB3 ports, so it can be used before you have USB3 on your hoist computer.
The cable construction construction and termination into the plugs appear good and both plugs fit well into their respective sockets. I use this as a feed to an Anker USB 3 hub Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 4-Port Hub with 12V 2A Power Adapter and 3ft USB 3.0 Cable [VIA VL812 Chipset]. At the price in late June 2013 it's good value
on 25 February 2013
Bought this USB 3.0 cable as the cable supplied with this Icy Dock:

was far too short so I needed a longer cable, yet again StarTech provides another excellent cable product.
on 5 August 2013
Really good quality, suprisingly good for the price. The female end is different on USB3 and thought I would have a job finding one. This was less than half the price of the Belkin but is good quality and seems to be handling very high data rates without errors or retries.
on 7 August 2012
Bought to use with a Hornettek USB3 dual-disk enclosure (also from Amazon) which included only a very short USB3 lead. Works just fine (and it's blue, like USB3). What else is there to say?
on 12 September 2014
What can I say, they work, feel solid, no problems in the year or so I've been using them. It is worth spending a reasonable amount of money on cables as they're a likely source of data dropouts and device disconnections - all stuff that is infuriating and time wasting. Just think, you're lying on your death bed staring at the ceiling waiting for the reaper... wouldn't you want that extra time, you spent on your hands and knees screaming at various computer related bits and pieces, back?
on 8 January 2014
An inexpensive cable and I did have some concerns over that when I bought these. However I was worried unnecessarily. I bought two cables and both worked flawlessly. One minor point to note is that some drives have the socket fitted into a recess in their enclosure - e.g. Buffalo 3TB - and that tends to interfere with the plastic shroud on these cables, preventing the connector from being fully inserted. Not really the cable's fault as I have the same problem with other cables.
on 6 May 2013
I've tested this with a USB 3.0 HDD dock and it works perfectly. What else can you say about a cable? It's a nice shade of blue! 8)
on 22 January 2014
This USB 3 Type A to Type B cable works perfectly as far as I can see. I bought it to replace a shorter cable for an external hard drive. I replaced the cable and the external drive was recognised, it was as simple as that. I haven't run a speed test but have done backups to the external drive since switching the cables and it seems to be the speed I would expect from USB3.
on 8 October 2015
Sturdy cable yet flexible, full USB 3 compatibility using it with ThinkPad One Dock to connect Thinkpad X230 to 2 24" monitors.
Bought this cable to replace in box supplied USB 3 cable as I need to re-route cabling under the desk.
I recommend it as quality replacement USB 3 cable to anyone needing Type A to Type B M/M USB 3.0 extension/replacement cable.