on 28 July 2007
It took me around 5 hours to read this book, i just couldnt put it down,
It's one of those read's where as soon as you start it you can not do anything else for the rest of the day until you finish it,
The treatment that Teresa recieved by the people who should have been protecting her is unforgivable,
She encounters abuse after abuse and no-one believes her plea's for help,
Im amazed that she never suceeded in giving up her life.
After reading this book it leaves you with questions like "are the abusers still alive",
"Have they read this book ?" "is it still happening to others ?".
If we find it frustrating not having the answers god only knows how Teresa managed to go forward with her life and achieve all that she has managed to achieve and to go on giving other abused children and adults her full support and guidance,
My 17 year old daughter is now reading this book and finds it hard to understand that these things that happened were real.
I would definately recommend others to buy this book, its a tearful and gripping read and most of all its true.
on 30 August 2007
Separated from her parents as a baby, and put into the care of Wandsworth Council, Theresa Cooper's fate was sealed. Lack of professional child care stratagy, poor decision making, a string of inappropriate placements, each one subjecting her to multiple and mostly unqualified, untrained carers, ensured that she underwent the worst form of emotional and physical abuse a developing child can experience. If the child care services of Wandsworth provided Theresa with a damaged and neglected childhood, no doubt the very essence of deprivation they wished to protect her from when putting her into care, they excelled themselves when she became an adolescent. The horror of Kendal House, an adolescent unit for girls, with its (generally) unsupervised group of staff, overseen by a shady Dr Frankenstein, syringe in hand, compounded all the abuse that went before, except now it was with powerful psychotropic drugs and a regime of "Pin Down". And so the cycles of deprivation spiral down, deep into the body and mind, deep into the very substance of the soul. Reading Theresa's disturbing book, I came away with a sense of wonder at how she survived. I'm still wondering, reflecting on the terror of her ordeal, and can only conclude that her remarkable book, no, Testament, should be made obligatory reading for everyone setting out on a career working with children.
on 20 July 2007
I have been reading Pin down for the last three days now and I could not put it down, but have now finished it. It was the most gripping read i have read in quite a while and I admire Teresa for going through so much and yet she still managed to get through it and become a very strong survivor.
To all the people that have not yet read this I would advise you to because its a brilliant book.
on 16 September 2007
Fantastic - best autobiography I have read all year.

Well done to Teresa Cooper for bringing this story to the public eye. Teresa suffered horrific instututional abuse and it made me cry to think of Teresa being so alone in her young life. I hope this book will put some ghosts to rest for Teresa.

Teresa shares some beautiful photos of herself and her lovely family which must give hope to other survivors.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
on 20 June 2007
My heart goes out to teresa and I applaud her for coming through such an horrific childhood, I read this book in about 6 hours in all and I cried like never before...it amazes me that this kind of thing can happen and no one does anything about it...surely some of the staff knew that what was going on was not right yet they seemed not to of done anything about it, if you are into memoirs then this is one book you have to read, I wont say much about its contents as not to spoil it for others but i will say that I am amazed that teresa came out of it alive and is building her life again with her kids and helping other survivors by telling her story.

Its one book I won't forget.
on 11 July 2007
I read Pin down with tears in my eyes. What a life! This book had me gripped from the first page to the last! All that abuse and then locked up and given drugs! My heart goes out to Teresa, what makes it so much harder to read, is to know that it is not fiction but the truth with evidence to back it up! One of the best books I have ever read, I would recommend this book to everyone! Very different to other books I have read, with a new flavour of abuse in it.
on 30 October 2007
Teresa Cooper has gone through Hell and back, yet managed to have a lovely family and as normal a life as possible, total proof that those bruised by life do not turn into monsters themselves. As the powers-that-be, and media would have us wrongly believe.
This Book is un-put-downable, my heart ached, and I cried most of the way through as I read the pages, I felt useless, and ashamed that girls and boy's up and down this country have and still are experiencing the atrocities that befell Teresa.
We must do something, we are living in the 21st Century, for God's sake, and yet we walk around oblivious to what is under our nose's.
All the Children's homes and Foster homes in this country should be subjected to rigorous examination, especially where drugs are used regularly. How many other girl's and boy's were put through this sort of regime, and have not managed to survive it?
Teresa you are an inspiration, and I hope your courage helps others to speak up and be counted.
This book should be advertised everywhere, to help give a voice to those who cannot speak out.
on 19 July 2007
i have read this book and found it to be a story that should be read and never allowed to happen again.for something like this to happen in a so called civilised society is beyond belief.the author has shown courage and strength to publicise what happened at this so called childrens home and is still campaigning for the victims today.a must read.
on 15 October 2007
This book will shock you - it is unbelievable to think that the cruelty and abuse Teresa suffered at Kendall House took place in the early 1980s - as what she describes sounds like something from the Victorian era. Dr Peri was obviously a quack who needs to be brought to justice as do the rest of the so-called "carers" in that establishment not to mention Wandsworth Social Services. Teresa has proof that the medication FORCED upon her was far and above what should be prescribed to a young girl. I can only advise Teresa to take out a civil case against these organisations and you will most definitely win (and, as far as I am aware, the Statute of Limitations does not apply to civil proceedings).
on 26 July 2013
Disturbing and horrowing book of the forced torture and drug experimentation and rape of a young girls of 14 and under - in the Nazi Catholic run UK care system. The abuse being conducted by the Jesuit M15 through Stone House Hospital, Gravesend, Kent, Kendal House, Gravesend, Kent, Kent County council and Social services. All complaints were ignored by all those in authority so that the abuse could continue for helpless child victims. This is why DJ Jimmy Savile had been abusing and procuring children at the BBC for decades with the full support of the government who work closely with MI5 and Royal Family.