Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.49

on 2 January 2008
Despite the cover this is actually a collaborative effort by both Richard and his wife Mindy. Which is a very good thing because her perspective of her husband's recovery from severe brain injury is the more involving of their accounts.

This is no biography, Richard's life before the accident is sketched out in just a few pages, instead this is an emotionally gripping account of the immediate aftermath and slow recovery from his high-speed, jet-car crash. The chapters dealing with his first few weeks of recovery, in the grip of Post-Traumatic Amnesia are heart-rending and supply an entirely new angle on the "lovely little man from the car show".

Hopefully, this will need no sequel.
on 24 January 2008
I don't know why, I bought this book, maybe because I like watching Top Gear mainly for the banter, at the beginning, this book is written pretty much the way he is on Top Gear, and I really enjoyed it. I had no idea how much he has been through with his recovery from his accident until I read this book. I found it heart wrenching and sad at times. It made me cry and laugh too. I couldn't put it down. A really great read and well written. Would definately recommend.
on 18 September 2015
Not quite what I was expecting, most I had read already about him
on 24 November 2007
A great read, which had me run the full gamut of human emotions in the approximately 2 minutes it took me to read the book.

Without wishing to give too much away, I was heartbroken at how his eldest daughter was trying to be strong for her mum, laughed out loud when James and Jeremy met him when he first regained consciousness, and marvelled at the strength and love between Mindy and the Hamster.

A compelling story.
on 22 August 2015
Richard Hammond is a very brave and even luckier individual.
on 27 January 2015
Laughed, cried and hooked. A 'can't put down' book loved it!
on 19 November 2014
Bought as a gift, receiver very happy with it
on 16 October 2014
This is an amazing read, so interesting.
on 3 August 2014
Could not put it down - brilliant story
on 1 July 2014
Gripping book, brought as a present