5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent HDMI cable
Published 18 months ago by Max V.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stick with what you know works.
I have used IBRA PRO GOLD RED , previously and found them to be very good, and as PRO GOLD BLACK , is the top of the range , I thought I'd give it a try, but to my surprise I found that the connection's were a slack fit, which is of no good to me , as at times I have to move my Blu-ray player, so I've changed back to RED, and will stick to RED in the future.
Published 5 months ago by Jim. McLean

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI Cable, 11 Aug. 2012
How do you review a cable ? Use it I guess.
First thing I noticed was the build quality, this is no wimpy cable.
Strong and secure fittings either end. Gold plated contacts not only
make it look classy, but ensure the optimum contact.
The cable itself is sturdy. a mesh outer casing keeping it flexible
enough even though it's a fairly thick cable. My television socket is
a good 14" off the floor, yet the cable is light enough not to put any
excess weight or pull on the connection.
There is a good 'feel' to the connection when plugged in, you are left
with no doubt that the cable is plugged in well.
I'm running a full spec HD LCD TV, with this cable taking the signal from my
computer. Works flawlessly, super quality picture, and amazing sound.
You may read that all HDMI cables are the same, ie: they all do the same job,
that might be true, but quality shines through, this cable is a bargain at the
asking price. Highly recommended by me.
Amazon made it easy to buy, and the supplier E4U electricals UK Ltd were prompt
and kept me advised of the order status, goods arrived very well packaged.
Care was taken over my order even though it was just one cable.
That was appreciated by me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture perfect for the Price, 28 Mar. 2013
I avoid really cheap HDMI cables (gut feel tells me they won't be very good) and avoid high priced cables (gut feel tells me I won't notice anything different visually compared to cheaper brands other than the impact on my bank balance). So I purchased these as middle ground and I have not been disappointed. I have purchased 6 of these HDMI cables over the last couple of years as my AV needs have grown and I have not been disappointed. 2 of the longest cables are now hidden behind a wall so are not going any where without damaging the wall and they have been working flawlessly running 3D from PS3 games and BluRay for over 24 months now and still going strong. The build quality in my opinion is excellent and they have a professional, solid feel to them. I'd happily have them on display they look that expensive. No problems with connectors falling out of the HDMI sockets, no split cables (and I have bent some of mine >90degrees to took them behind wall mounted Plasma's. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent HDMI cable, 10 Jan. 2014
Max V. (Noord-Holland, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
I currently have this cable hooked up to my blu-ray player and my receiver. It looks and feels like a quality cable. It is a bit thicker than most of the cheaper cables. It has a tightly woven mesh fabric on the outside of the cable, which looks good and should protect it from physical damage. The casings around the connectors are plastic, but feel very sturdy. The connectors itself fit very snugly in the HDMI outputs I'm using.

Some people think there is a difference in signal quality between different HDMI cables. Others don't. I personally believe it doesn't make a difference, in any case, I have never seen a difference in picture quality between HDMI cables. Nor have I ever been able to hear a difference in sound quality. Especially using short lengths of cable there shouldn't be a difference, since the signals are digital.

So yes, you could buy an even cheaper cable. But this one isn't very expensive to begin with and it has a quality look and feel that cheaper cables (and even some more expensive ones!) just don't have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great HDMI 1.4a cable,, 20 Jun. 2013
This is a great HDMI Cable and I Use mine to connect my 3D Full HD LED TV to the 3D Full HD Blu-ray player in HDMI 1.4a is the only one with bandwidth high enough to carry all the 3D data to my PC, no problems whatsoever with the two I bought, gold plated connectors, and a decent cable thickness giving a good construction. ARC enabled so it carries sound signals too.

Highly recommended for the price, not that I'd ever pay high-street prices for stuff like this... saw a HDMI 1.4a cables like this for £99 on the high street but don't buy them, I will surely suggest to try this one...

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and value, 16 Feb. 2014
I am not qualified to comment on technical matters, but these leads seem well made, substantial, aesthetically pleasing and good value. You sometimes do get what you pay for!

4.0 out of 5 stars Top value. Delivers detail-Conveys correct colours-A picture you enjoy, 8 July 2014
Writing this after using Ibra Pro Gold Black HDMI 1.5m for a few weeks from Virgin Media Tivo to LG 32LB650V. Have compared it to High Speed HDMI that came with Tivo. This cable delivers faithful colours and a perceivably sharper rendering of letters and graphics - a sign that it's delivering sharper picture in general. Can deliver LG's 3D system well. Tivo HD and 3D pictures look great. Connect this to Audio Return Channel (ARC) HDMI input on TV and sound is excellent through my Cambridge Audio Minx TV sound plinth. Cable definitely well made. My guess is that this comes from an Original Equipment Manufacturer that makes high quality expensive branded cables for 'fancy pants' leading cable names. Here you're simply not paying over the top for the brand. Seems well made, clean and exact finish and strong braided/woven sheathing, precise in execution. No rough edges or any poor finish suggesting it's come from a third rate manufacturer. My only major annoyance is why the specs for the cable are inconsistent between the spec sheet delivered with the cable compared to the 1.5m description on this site and also for the different lengths of Ibra Pro Gold Black on this site. Which statement is actually accurate I wonder? E.g. is this a 21Gbps capacity cable or not? 64-bit colour? Yes or no?

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Quality Cables at an Excellent Price, 15 Mar. 2015
Mark (Huddersfield, UK) - See all my reviews
OK, I believe that HDMI cable is HDMI cable is HDMI cable and all the verbiage concerning the need for £100+ electron aligned, oxygen depleted (or enriched) copper cable surrounded by a magnetically aligned sheath made from rubber rolled on the thighs of virgins ;) HDMI cable is pure marketing nonsense. Ones and zeros are ones and zeros... Having said all that, I'm sure there is a difference in the quality of various HDMI cables, ie in construction, screening etc. The difference of a few £s accounts for that difference in these cables, but without spending more than a few £s overall. These cables have a very good construction, are well screened and robust and at an excellent price - only a few pounds more than some "cheap" ones. They really are "meaty" cables and you can tell they're not made to a price. I wouldn't spend £100+ on an HDMI cable but these are well worth the money and I'm sure are designed to last.

Oh, and the picture and sound is excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Again a clear and definate improvment, 2 Mar. 2014
Gasman (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic value for money build quality seems to be spot on and comparable to more expensive cables by far, only time will tell

5.0 out of 5 stars "Sheer quality built in!!!"..., 18 Jun. 2012
What a fantastic HDMI cable this is!...
Not only does it look the part, but it really comes into its own, bringing a crisp, sharp fantastic picture quality with vibrant colours back into the livingroom, especially when connected between my Samsung UE46D7000 flatscreen and a Panasonic DMR-BWT7000 Blu-ray DVD recorder with Freeview HD & 3D.
I now have 3 of these, all of which were bought from Amazon. One is connected to the Sky+HD box from the TV, the second to another DVD recorder for recording and playback directly from the TV, upscaling the picture from an analogue source and the third one connects to the main Panasonic multi player/recorder for watching Blu-rays, Freeview HD and recorded content from the hard disk drive etc.
I would recommend buying one or these at a suitable length of least 1.5 metres though, as anything shorter will greatly restrict movement of the cable and may cause it to strain at the end connectors, compromising picture quality or even causing damage to the HDMI sockets on any appliances that are connected to it, which really can't be a good thing to say the least.

All in all, a great buy for under £11 and it looks much more expensive than it actually is and the solid build quality reflects this, which leaves me in no doubt whatsoever that i made a very wise choice here indeed.
Buy with complete confidence, i can gaurantee that you will not be dissappointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality cable but maybe a little unecessary..., 29 Jan. 2014
I used this HDMI cable to connect my Sony audio system (other HDMI devices are all connected to this) to my Sony Bravia TV. Picture quality is superb, as is the sound.

Having said that, I have also used a cheaper HDMI 1.4 cable and that cable provided the same quality so I'm not so sure I recommend you spend more money on this particular one when there are other ones which do the EXACT same job! I mean we live in the digital world now, not analogue - back in the day, a higher quality cable might have made a difference in order to avoid signal loss. I've actually also read articles on this; that more expensive HDMI cables hardly make a difference to the quality of the signal. The improvement of quality is only noticeable through digital testing. So if you have the extra money to spend, fine by me, but the visible quality is identical in both the cables which I tested - why spend extra cash on something which won't make a difference to your viewing (and hearing) experience?

Yes the more expensive cable might have slightly better quality in terms of look and feel, but the cheaper ones aren't exactly flimsy... they don't get damaged easily and all of my ones work fine with no issues to date.

The choice is yours!