Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£3.99+ Free shipping

on 20 March 2011
I bought this as it is very stylish, nice design and colours. My only worry was the capless end, I thought this would be prone to breaking. This is not the case, very well made product with no faults and not some shoddy, flimsy plastic crap. Extremely small and easy to lose if not attached to anything. Overall it's a nice, sleek and stylish flash drive with fast file tranfer. Only regret? That I didn't buy the 8GB or 16GB instead.
on 16 March 2012
I've used a lot of flash drives over the years and rarely had any problems with any of them and that goes for the cheapest and the most expensive.
However this particular Sandisk Cruzer Blade device is somewhat different.

In the first case it is extreemly small - I would say about 1 inch long.

Secondly it has no led so there is no indication of any activity whatsoever - you have no idea about what is happening with the device - this may not sound much of an issue but believe me it is when there is a problem.

Third it seems to be all plastic including the plug that goes into the USB socket - how long this plastic will last when being shoved in and out of metal sockets I don't know.

Fourth I had the same problem as some other people with one particular PC - in this (Win 7 McAfee) system inserting the drive would cause an Explorer window to pop up and a green bar to start spreading across the top (as if Windows was doing some processing). At this time I could see the directories on the drive. The green bar took about 4 minutes to completely cross the explorer window and then I had a McAfee popup saying my real-time scanning was switched off - this restarted after 30 seconds as it should. Immediately after the McAfee pop-up the explorer window changed so that I could no longer see any directories (worrying, but the data was visible on other systems!) and clicking on the drive produced no results - trying various other actions seemed to indicate that Windows was confused about whether there was a physical piece of media in the socket or not. Anyway it indicated 0 bytes capacity and 0 bytes free (both not true). Another Win 7 and XP Pro system handled it fine. Anyway after talking with Sandisk support I reformatted the drive on the XP system (I could not format it on the Win 7 system where it produced the problems!) and it has worked fine since.

The drive comes with certain software pre-loaded (to provide a secure storage media) - I believe something gets invoked automatically when the drive is inserted - there is an autorun.inf file hidden in the root directory - I believe this probably had something to do with the strange behaviour.

End result is OK, but I was not impressed with this experience froma big-name vendor.
VINE VOICEon 10 February 2010
Firstly, I was surprised at the size of the Cruzer Blade - it's pretty small!

The case itself is reasonably rugged, although I'm not too keen on the exposed USB port - I did think this would cause a problem, but I've had one for over 2 months and it's still working fine.

The stick itself is fast and responsive, although there is no LED to indicate that it has power, or that it's being accessed. There is also a hole to attach to a keyring, but no metal loop was included, which would have made it easier to attach.

Great for putting in your pocket, although does have the potential to get lost amongst other items!

Note that there is no pre-installed software on the memory stick - if you're looking for U3 software, I'd suggest the Sandisk Cruzer memory sticks.
on 20 June 2012
Secure software is a pain in the .... to get accustomed to. I decided to format it to remove the software and formatting was successful but somehow I cannot create any file or folder and I am not getting an error message "drive is write protected". I would rather buy an unsecured drive because if one takes it to work the software provided stop it from being useable on the network. I have spent days to search on the net and sandisk forums for a way to completely remove all the software on it and delete all the "hidden partitions" on it and could not find one.
on 30 July 2012
Picked up several of these for use in work, as I'm an IT Tech who frequently needs to run out of the office with a bespoke one off collection of applications for use on a customers systems, before swapping it out for someone else entirely 20 minutes later.

These M-sticks are cheap, and at the approx £3.50 I paid for each of mine, the fact that they are almost entirely made from plastic comes as no surprise. But they are light, sit in a bunch on a key chain without any real noticeable gain in weight and easy enough to use.

I've not experienced any of problems with durability that others have reported. I've probably formatted, chopped and changed the programs and apps on these things a couple of hundred times now without any data loss, and have carried them around in my pocket on a key chain pretty much every working day for the last few months.

For quick, easy storage, I've really not had any problems, and these things have more than made up for the expense in the number of CD's I haven't had to burn/carry around instead.

If you need some quick, disposable storage or need to quickly transfer some files, these things really can't be beat. If you need something more permanent, I'd suggest looking at a more suitable storage solution (e.g. portable hard disks, etc) instead.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 February 2012
The Sandisk Cruzer Blade is very small and light so not easy to find when you have put it down somewhere and can't remember where! Also because it is small it is fiddly to take out of the laptop (OK with computer where there is more USB port space). Because of the smallness along with the plastic the whole thing feels flimsy. When we use this on a computer with Windows XP it opens to the files we have added to it, but when using with a computer that has Windows 7 it shows various icons (that mean nothing to me) and its a case of opening each of these icons to find where on the drive my file is "hidden" - really irritating and a problem I have never experienced with other USB drives. All my other USB drives (I have 5 in total) give the option to open files placed on them, they also show clearly the files I have added. I am by no means an IT expert but am experienced around computers but this format totally confused me.

I would definitely not buy another of these items. Next time I will stick to the Sandisk Cruzer Micro, easy to use and faster than the Blade.
Technically, this tiny (although not in capacity) flash drive probably deserves the full five stars, but it's only getting three. Why? Because it's missing one simple feature.

The 4GB drive itself is technically brilliant, offering lots of storage at a very reasonable price - not only that, it's the only removable flash drive I've come across that offers password security - Yes! Really! Password security on a flash drive!

It's tiny, cute and light - so what's the problem?

Well, the problem is the tiny, cute, light casing. It's an (in my opinion) ugly looking design, and although the red & black colour scheme is fine and it fits between your finger and thumb nicely, there is one major flaw: There is no hood, cap, lid - or whatever you want to call it - to fit over the end and keep the USB connector clean and free of pocket fluff.

For what I've seen, the way flash drives, open and close, pull apart and protect these most vital of components is what makes some of then so cool. There's one's that flip, swivel or slide, one's with heads that pull off, ones on keyrings and all manner of cool caps to protect you drive, and therefor your data. And in my opinion, to not even include a bog-standard lid for this is criminal.

This drive, although probably more practical and superior on quality than most - is getting marked down for that and that alone.
on 1 February 2013
If you want a 4GB flash drive that works, and looks kinda cool(if black and red is your thing), then look no further... We at SanDisk put every effort int.... I'm joking, i dont work for SanDisk. I just really like the product. Had it for ages now, and its never failed me. It doesnt have a cap for the end, but i dont care.. just thought id mention it because it may matter to you... Seriously though, why do you need one? its just something extra to lose! Live life on the edge and jump head first into the world of digital memory with this little badboy!

Oh... and its much smaller than a 3.5" floppy disk! Bonus... That said, i do miss the wee noise a floppy disk made when you popped it in. But it could only hold a low quality GIF file and a Word document - no use to man nor beast these days!
on 26 May 2012
I have a few of the SanDisk Cruzer Blade drivers ranging from 4GB - 16GB in size and I have to say for their form factor and price these are great little drives. I mainly use them as bootable USB drives for various system recovery options including Acronis True Image, Windows Home Server and Restoring OEM Factory Images. Due to there small nature these drives are very low profile and easy to store. The only bad thing I can say about these drives is the read/write speeds seem quite poor compared to similar flash drives on the market, but I don't use these drives on a regular basis and only use them for certain situations, so this does not bother me so much. If I was using these for regular storage and constantly accessing changing data like documents, pictures etc I might be put off by this.
on 20 March 2014
You can't go wrong with Sandisk. These offer affordable, reliable portable storage. Choose your capacity and be happy. It's my brand of choice. Recommended.

See one answered question