on 31 May 2011
India Today has done a great job of putting their content together in this e-mag format . I haven't compared page to page with a physical magazine copy, but most of the standard sections and articles seemed present. I am not sure how much of the content is available free on their web edition, but I know why I would pay for it - easy on the eye, and reading on my commutes.

The most important thing, for me, is how the content is laid out and the ease of navigation in the kindle version. This is what pleasantly surprised me - competent job I thought. The cover page opens up with a scan of the actual cover. The "Sections and Articles" is well designed - all sections listed on left column, and based on section highlighted, the articles are listed on the right column. Clicking the article takes you to its content. Jump between articles using the forward/back cursor keys. Get back to the Sections & Articles page in a single click from anywhere - press the select key. Neat.
(I later realized this is the standard kindle layout for all e-magazines. No wonder. As I said, it works...)

Text formatting is pleasant and familiar - like the articles in print. They could try a bit harder with more pics/photos accompanying the stories (very few today). I know that all photos would not render well on a kindle screen, but since these aren't serious technical challenges, a bit of touching up to greyscale and laying them out would be greatly appreciated - and get them my 5th star.

Standard Amazon features work fine - seamless download in literally no time. Opt out of the subscription anytime. Its great that amazon gives you 14 days of free trial (in which you would sample 2 weekly editions) - I don't see myself opting out anytime soon, especially at the very nice price point.
Definite recommend for those wanting to get the good old feel of Indian weeklies.

(later update : check out the get-news feature in Calibre - opens up a whole world!)
on 6 January 2012
Frustratingly some pages missing in certain articles.Cannot figure out how to relay this to customer services either,grrr.I hope they rectify this soon
on 13 June 2011
I am very satisfied with the kindle version of India today. Not expensive at all. Very easy to navigate. Advertisements are conspicuously absent. I wonder why? I am overall very happy with this. Thanks.
on 27 February 2014
Recieving this magazine on kindlle on my tab was easy.and fast. payment through Amazon is safe and secured,This prompted me to buy from Amazon.
on 7 March 2016
Not easy to navigate through. Poor content
on 13 March 2015