I'm not going to lie - I initially only bought this over the cheapest Casio (the F91W) because it was more than £10 and thus qualified for SuperSaver delivery. That sentence somehow looks worse written down...

Published 15 months ago by S. Marshall

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought
Returned this item after receiving. The picture makes the face look a lot bigger than it really is. Numbers not very clear n
Published 10 months ago by Lozza

5.0 out of 5 stars The more functional version of Casio's classic bargain timepiece..., 31 Aug 2013
S. Marshall "S." (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio W-86-1VQES Men's Digital Resin Strap Watch (Watch)

Anyway, once I got it I realised that it had two major benefits over the F91W - it is properly waterproof, and the light on it actually works. Both of these factors have caused me niggling irritation with the several F91Ws I've owned, which I won't have to suffer any more.

I've just done an imaginary cost-benefit analysis in my head, and with these improvements I think this watch is now the ultimate value-for-money electronic item. Seriously, bear with me - not only are they inexplicably fashionable, but they keep perfect time, work for years, are relatively indestructible, and are disposably cheap. I wear mine hiking as an alternative to my ludicrously expensive Omega, which basically only tells the time (somewhat less accurately...), and on the basis by which I'm judging the Casio is therefore the value-for-money equivalent of 24 carat gold leaf toilet paper.

Buy it - it's awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another casio classic, 7 Oct 2012
This review is from: Casio W-86-1VQES Men's Digital Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
I love these old casios more then any other watches of 10X the price. The are a simple distillation of what a digital watch should be. Simple, light, functional, well priced and last ages.

I own both this and the casio F-91. Although the F-91 is a cheaper model I find its design is the true iconic casio, and prefer its slightly slimmer profile then this one. Although this light is "better" I find the F-91 light just fine and of course more economical on battery which is handy when using the stopwatch a lot as the light comes on when you press reset. So if choosing between the two I'd just go on which you prefer the look of. For me that's the F-91 but you can't go wrong with either.

The f-91 is rated up to 30 metres and this is 50 metres so if you plan on going deeper then 30 metres then get this :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Uncomplicated, cheap and just what I need, 5 Feb 2010
D. Nelson (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio W-86-1VQES Men's Digital Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
I bought one of these on a friends recommendation. I was looking for a digital watch with a back-light as I struggle to see luminous watch hands at night. I wanted it to be practical without over-complicated and useless dials and light-weight, like really light-weight so I don't even notice I'm wearing it.

This watch ticks all the boxes and it's virtually disposable nature is an added bonus, sure it's not the most rugged of watches but if you break it you can get a new one with change found down the back of your sofa! The display is clear, it has an alarm and there's a timer so you can time yourself running to the fridge and back but not a lot more than that. The "illuminator" works perfectly and emits a very high pitched squeek when activated so the watch also doubles as a hearing tester after a heavy night at a rock concert. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars When the world ends, all that will be left are cockroaches and Casio watches., 23 Sep 2014
This review is from: Casio W-86-1VQES Men's Digital Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
3 years ago, I suffered a moped crash at 40mph.

- My helmet cracked.

- My wrist broke.

- My knee was fractured.

- My clothes and shoes were torn beyond repair.

- My watch, despite being on the aforementioned wrist at the time, was totally unscathed.

In fact, I'm wearing it right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars good cheap watch, 9 Mar 2009
i have had my watch for 3 years now, and to be fair it has taken a lot of rough and tumble but still works fine. i bought this watch as i was going through watches for a past time but this one has lasted very well. if like me you work in a rough enviroment then this watch will be just up your ally and ready to take what you can throw at it. this is realy worth the money and a full 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine watch, 9 July 2008
I got this watch a year or so ago it is comfortable and easy to use and see. The illuminator makes seeing the display very easy in all light conditions, all the functions are easy to use and setting it is very easy. I also find it very comfortable, if that helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but good, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Casio W-86-1VQES Men's Digital Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
As always dirt cheap but delivers exactly what one might need: shows time, takes abuse and light enough to be carried around while on the run (literally). Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars What more could you want, 17 July 2009
J. Mace "Casi-woooah" (UK) - See all my reviews
What more could you possibly want from a watch at this price? I bought this Casio digital watch as a cheap watch for wearing down the gym, however i have worn it to work (office) and out in town in the evening. It is sporty enough to cope with running, swimming etc and cool/retro enough to impress on a night out. Threewords to describe this item: BUDGET, VINTAGE, COOL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio lights up in the night, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Casio W-86-1VQES Men's Digital Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
I bought the same watch again after I was too rough with the last one.
It has now been to Majorca and withstood several total immersions in the hotel pool.

This a workman of a watch and doesn't standout as a showpiece
The battery life is incredible - the old watch is still working as a bedside clock

5.0 out of 5 stars Travellers watch, 13 Feb 2010
This watch tells me all I want to know, when I want to know -
the day - the date - the time - even in the dark!Casio W-86-1VQES Mens Digital Resin Strap Watch