5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect choice!
Anybody using Flight Simulator and thinking this might be used to display an undocked FMC window should look no further. A great example of finding a cheaper alternative to CDU hardware (VrInsight etc). Highly recommended solution to those building their own low budget cockpit!
Published on 13 Nov. 2010 by Jampot

1.0 out of 5 stars Mimo UM-720S
I've had a the screen and I am running it on Windows 7 64bit.

The screen regularly freezes requiring me to unplug and replug for it to work again.

I can't say i'd recommend this screen to anyone it's simply not reliable.

Regards
Published on 19 Aug. 2011 by Rob

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect choice!, 13 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Mimo UM-720S 7 inch USB-Powered TFT Monitor with Touch Screen (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Monitor, 3 May 2011
Great little monitor to give you extra varieties on. I use mine as a remote/ system monitor, a portable media player while travelling, an extended display while a main monitor is busy etc. I am sure that I will be able to find more applications to this little monitor as I will carry on using it.

I connected this to laptops running Windows Vista & 7, and the software installation was made easily for both pcs. As soon as the software drivers in a CD were installed, it immediately became an extension of my laptop screen and Calibration was quick and easy. I can choose to have it extend my desktop in whichever direction I choose and move it over to the small screen. I have my tasklist and my twitter feed on it currently. If I turn the screen off, those windows just appear back on my main screen. Likewise, the touchscreen works seamlessly also. Touching a window with the stylus will shift the window focus to that window and acts like a mouse click (so I can check off tasks with my stylus once I focus on that window), and focus will shift back when I click my touchpad on a window on the main screen.

I was so impressed with how simple it is to get it working and how intuitive and handy it is. This "little monitor" will provide a lot of applications and usages I believe !

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good - see here for touch install help., 28 July 2012
Mr. S. Moulster (Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've had this for a while but didn't use it much because, as alluded to here and around the NET, the touch part of the installation could be better and it didn't do quite what I'd hoped. However, I tried again and got it together - even writing an application specially for it.
Some tips - look out for both icons in the systray - the pointer one doesn't declare itself and is essential in calibrating and setting the screen how you want. When you calibrate, it starts by you touching a cross in the top-left corner, then bottom-left - this cross might not be visible, so touch in the corner anyway; then top-right; then bottom-right where it might not be visible again.
See what number monitor Windows thinks it is (probably two or three) and set the hardware touch control to this. Otherwise you might find you touch the screen and your main screen responds.
Finally, if the touch installation seems to have no effect, go here [...] for some invaluable and simple help. One of my installations needed me to do the Device Manager thing. Sorted.
It's a great little gadget, but don't give up on its set-up, the effort's worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Included software works better than other touchscreens I've tried, 7 Sept. 2011
I've made comments elsewhere on Amazon describing my disappointed with a similar touchscreen by MYMO.

So, rather than repeat most of that I'm just stating that the MIMO (which I bought to replace the MYMO) works as I expected.

The MIMO has an option to "Anchor mouse" which prevents the mouse cursor jumping unnecessarily onto the touchscreen when it is pressed. This allows you to use the touchsrceen like a real console, though I'm having to use custom software (still in development) to create the button layouts that appear on the touchscreen.

The MYMO software has a similar option to freeze the mouse cursor but it doesn't work; not with my pc setup, at least.

I believe there is a lot of untapped potential with touchscreen devices - when connected to a PC. It seems that the advancements in mobile and tablet touchscreens has gone unnoticed by MIMO and MYMO (and the others, I assume). Their limited out-of-the-box use makes them little more than a novelty gadget, though I see that as car pc interface they fit their role perfectly.

Adobe realises this and has produced specialist software titles for the iPad so that it behaves like a control panel for Adobe Photoshop. This is exactly the type of software that should be available for touchscreen devices like the MIMO. MIMO even have their own "Toolbar" editor to create something like this but they've hidden it away (it requires using a command line switch to activate it, but you wouldn't know that without reading the Help files), sadly, it isn't developed enough to be of real use.

Having said all that, I'm happy with the MIMO. It works and the software problems can be overcome.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mimo UM-720S, 19 Aug. 2011
I've had a the screen and I am running it on Windows 7 64bit.

I can't say i'd recommend this screen to anyone it's simply not reliable.

Regards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Gadget, 16 Jan. 2012
Well constructed but very light weight and compact with nice folding design ! Driver and Touch screen software installed easily and very low power consumption ! During travel I would use this as a second screen in a hotel as I do at home, mainly for watching videos on the side while working on the laptop and found most embedded browser players working perfectly fine. Image quality is great and no issues at all with connection, sleep and etc. Once driver and software are installed, afterwards all is straightforward and it can be used as an entertainment second display as well as an extended screen. The sleek folding design is perfect for frequent travellers like me and also it is simplly USB-powered. Great little device !

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy, 24 May 2012
I've managed to get mine working on various different computers, but it's not been an easy ride; Blue screens, lock ups, driver hunts.

Once running, it is an excellent little device and well worth the money.

I can understand something like this being a bit awkward to set up, but a BSOD is sloppy driver coding. To be fair, once installed, it seems reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 6 Aug. 2010
This item turned out to be the perfect touch screen for my application, im currently using it as an in-dash car entertainment system. The fact that the screen runs solely on one usb cable is more than ideal.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little screen!, 31 July 2011
so i got one of these and it works great!
others that have said the touchscreen 'only controls the cursor on the main monitor' are wrong, they just dont know how to set it up or use it.
it took me 5 minutes to make work properly, and its great.

i am running it with silverjuke as an mp3 host.

also, there is a FREE OSX driver for it, which you can find by googling the name of the driver file, "touchscreen_driver_installer.zip" : make sure to include the quotes in your google search to keep it specific. The first and only hit is it, the driver, for free.

its atrocious that they try to charge extra for the touchscreen driver! thats the only negative thing here, but you don't have to pay just do as above.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me, 26 Dec. 2010
I struggled with this one for about a week to make it work on my Fit-PC2 nettop (Win7 Enterprise) but it did not work, so I sent it back to Amazon.