Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 29 March 2009
This book was so graphic in places that i had to skip areas because it was too difficult to read. I also in places found it hard (i know this is terrible) to sympathise with her decisions as she grew older. When she was a child and her feckless mother couldnt be bothered to protect then its so frustrating and you want to get in the pages and save her.

But as she gets older and chooses to go back (I know she didnt know any better) to her home with her mother who hadnt given two hoots about her before it makes you wonder why social services allowed it and why she so willingly agreed to go back home.

Finally when it gets to the point where her marriage breaks down and she ends up soliciting i just lost patience she had been a neglected child and history begins to repeat itself as she ends up neglecting her daughters because she is so strung out on drugs all the time. I know she didnt have a role model but she knows right from wrong.

On the whole its a great insight into how vunerable children are easily overlooked as they are too scared to shout out what is happening and also how people can turn their lives around and make something better of themselves.
on 12 April 2009
This book griped me the minute I saw it, although must say it is very grotest at the beginning to some of what went happened to her. But it is definitely a book I would fully recommend to others interested in reading similar type books indeed! I got so engrossed in the book I couldn't put it down & finished it in a day as it was so gripping to read.
on 21 April 2015
Another really sad story of abuse. Some females should NOT have children. An animal would not treat their young the way this so called"mother" treated her children. Well done louise you got your life on track and I wish you every happiness in the future..thoroughly annoyed reading your story. IT took courage to write it!
on 5 July 2013
Such a sad story how any mother could put her children through that is beyond me, this is a great book to read and could not put it down, well done to Louise she could not help the family she was born into but changed her life for the better well done x
on 30 August 2014
I was starting to feel sad as the end was approaching as i feared how things were going to turn out i wont spoil it for others but... all i will say what an amazing person u are... much love to u n ur family xx
on 10 February 2014
I know I'm a bit young to read this ; I'm 13 ' . But seriously it is amazing I was hooked , I couldn't put it down I love the true emotion the fact it's true is astounding a true amazing priceless book .
on 4 April 2013
A heart breaking story with a good plot and interesting throughout. I would recommend this book for anyone that likes to read this genre of novel
on 30 May 2012
I enjoyed this reading this book but it could be quite disturbing for those who aren't aware of child protection issues.
on 19 August 2014
what a wonderful book very harrowing in parts.so glad she sorted herself out ,became a good mum.and broke the cycle.
on 23 March 2015
I read this book starting at 5pm...i did not stop reading...finished it at 11am the next day!! MustRead!!!!!!!