5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !!!!!
I had never read any books by Martina Cole before this one and I couldn't put it down.
Her unique way of describing all the characters made you feel that they were personally known. I think that I must have gone through every emotion whilst reading this book. One minute crying and the next,laughing.
This may well be fiction but nevertheless totally believable...
Published on 10 Feb 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Faceless
This so called 'Best Seller'is probably the most tedious book I have ever read. Martina Cole's incessant regurgetation of every stereotype she has ever heard was never ending. I was compelled to read on in the hope that she would redeem herself, unfortunately she did not. Each Character is given a full blow by blow character analysis at least once in every chapter, or so...
Published on 5 Feb 2003 by Ms E Harper

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !!!!!, 10 Feb 2002
This review is from: Faceless (Paperback)
This may well be fiction but nevertheless totally believable and you can't help thinking in several parts of the book, 'there but for the grace of God go I'.
Although the language is very strong at times, it is completely in context of the storyline and should not be offensive to any reader. If you have read other books by Ms Cole than I am sure that you know what to expect!
I am in the process of collecting all her books. She is simply the best. I feel privilaged to have the ability to read and for anyone who has trouble with words, get help as if you don't read Martina Cole's books you will not have lived!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Nov 2001
This review is from: Faceless (Paperback)
I lost time with this book, as I just wanted to turn the pages until I had read the last page. I am pleased to say that I was not disappointed by the content, nor the ending. There were so many twists and turns. The main character, in a sense could be any one of us trapped by our parent(s), marriage, job and the harmful words that are said. Getting to things that we shouldn't have. Basically losing ourselves in a world that is slowly falling apart. I loved the character as there was so much to like about her. You could sense that she had this air about her, which a few people only have. She regretted her mistake and really wanted to make it up with her children... She had a lot of strength and courage. She saw life differently and justified everything that she had to do.
I don't normally read crime, but a friend got me interested in her books and since then I have read every one and have not been disappointed. I hope that you will find the book, as interesting and a page-turner, as much as I did.
My one and only disappointing is that I will have to wait awhile before I can read another Martina Cole book.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST THRILLER READ OF THE YEAR?!, 12 Dec 2001
This review is from: Faceless (Paperback)
I loved this book. Martina Cole writes so well about crime because she writes so well about people. Her characters make her books come alive, and FACELESS is possibly her best novel yet, with Marie Carter (initals 'MC', like the author, a coincidence?!) an intriguing but flawed heroine.
Martina Cole knows crime, she knows women, and she knows London which makes her books far better than the phoney 'Gangster Glam' portrayed in films like Lock, Stock. Here we see the horrible effects of crime and injustice, and the courage it takes fight against it. All in all, the most realistic city crime/thriller since Dexter Dias's superb 'Power of Attorney'. There's much in common between the two books, not least that both authors know what they are writing about. On balance I would have to say that 'Faceless' just shades 'Power of Attorney' for my fave unputdownable read of the year - but only just! Can't recommend them too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - Could not put it down, 12 Nov 2001
This review is from: Faceless (Paperback)
WOW what a book. I lost two days of my life reading this book. Excellent story line I felt for the main character and the ending won't let you down. I will now read all of Martina's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of her best books yet., 22 Oct 2001
This review is from: Faceless (Paperback)
This is Martina Cole at her best, after reading all Ms Coles books I would rate this as my second favourite. Marie is a lovable criminal who I took straight to my heart. It is a warts and all story of a drugs and sex filled east end, and highlights how good conquers evil in the end(with a long fight along the way) Whether you're a die hard fan or you've never read a Martina Cole book before I seriously recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillian Brilliant Brilliant!!!, 23 Oct 2001
This review is from: Faceless (Paperback)
This book is absolutely FANTASTIC!! Another thriller from Martina! I received this book on a Saturday and finished it Sunday Night - I just could not put it down!!
The portrayal of all the characters is not only realistic - but viciuos, meaty and horrific.
If real-life east-end gangsters is your thing then I STRONGLY recommend you buy this book.
Martina Cole at her finest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 Nov 2001
This review is from: Faceless (Paperback)
I just couldn't put this book down. The realism and emotions raised by Martina Cole are phenomenal. Her usual gritty down to earth style and constant twists to the tale make this unmissable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Martina delves into the criminal underworld again., 11 Jun 2002
This review is from: Faceless (Paperback)
A fast-moving tale of the criminal underworld in London - what Martina does best (in fact it is the ONLY thing she seems to write about). This book only took me one day on holiday to get through but it is a good read - well-paced and keeps you turning the page.
Some of the events that happen in the book are pretty nasty but Martina leaves just enough of it to your imagination. She writes with incredible realism and reading a book like this just makes you mighty glad you don't actually know the characters or anyone like them (and if you do know anyone like them then be very worried). Her characterization is spot on - the characters are well rounded and you can really believe in them.
There is a twist at the end - I didn't manage to guess who had dunnit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty and unputdownable., 4 Nov 2001
This review is from: Faceless (Paperback)
Martina Cole's latest tale is real, gritty and -once again - unputdownable. Beware - you'll devour it in one sitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, 18 Nov 2001
A. Simmons (North Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faceless (Paperback)
I've read all Martina's books and this is one of the best. Marie Carter has come out of prison after serving 12 years for killing two of her friends and she has to adjust to life outside. This reminds me very much of my favourite of her books 'Two Women' - with the twist in the tail and the way everything comes together happily in the end.
The day I bought 'Faceless' I was fortunate enough to meet Martina - she was signing copies of it in a bookshop near where I work. She is a lovely, down-to earth woman. The best thing was that she wrote a personal message in each book and didn't simply scribble her signature. I will treasure it.

Faceless