5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. One of Nora's best - a must read.
IMO one of the best books NR has ever written. From the moment I read the first sentences I was hooked up in the story and felt like I was actually part of it. The feeling was the same when I first read "Angels Fall" and that's another one of my favs.
Published on 5 Oct 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars after a long wait..
Published on 14 July 2008 by S. Begum

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. One of Nora's best - a must read., 5 Oct 2008
This review is from: Tribute (Paperback)
The book is acout Cilla McGowan who just recently bought her grandmothers old farm to renovate it and finally build up a home for herself. Cilla's family is not an ordinary one with her grandmother being a famous Hollywood legend who comitted suicide, a mother who tries to step in the old ladies shoes but can't fill them, a father Cilla hasn't met too often and Cilla herself who was pushed in the spotlight buy her ruthless mother but is more interested in finding her own way.
In the present Cilla plans to live in her fathers hometown hoping to get some roots there, a better relationship with her dad and she also plans to start her own business (renovating and selling houses). That's a lot to work on even for a strong woman like Cilla but fortunately for her she has one sexy new neighbour, Ford Sawyer, who is more than willing to help her out whenever he can.
Ford is not you typical alpha hero, he is so much more than that and way better than an alpha. He's always there when Cilla needs his strong shoulder to lean on but he also knows when to step back because Cilla needs to manage a situation by herself. He is also funny, intelligent, in a great shape and has the weirdest dog ever - to make this short, he is perfect for Cilla.
Cilla is not to sure about where her future is going to take her but she can't resist Ford's charm and realizes that he may be a big part of her new life.
All could be perfect if not for one very annyoning mother, an old family enemy and mysteroius events taking place at Cilla's new home which threatens her and her beloved ones.
But with the help of Ford, her father and some old and new friends Cilla is the woman to solve the mysteries surrounding her grandmothers life and death.
This book is so perfect that I already read through it several times and I can recommend it without reservations to everyone who loves a good romance. The main characters are awsome (I love Cilla and Ford, they are one of my favourite couples) and the minor characters (especially Cilla's ex Steve is the hit) are great too. Cilla's new family and her friends are one great group.So all in all Nora did it again and wrote a book that is so special and good that for me there is no doubt why she is the queen of romance.
Hurry, get yourself a copy and read on.
Enjoy.
S.M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Miss Roberts, 27 July 2008
Claire Maxwell (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tribute (Paperback)
I had been waiting for this book for ages and when i finally got it, i consumed it in two days. As the above review said, it does follow the same story line as her others (women trying to overcome her past, meets a handsome and caring guy, but someone is out to hurt her) but this doesn't seem to matter. She manages to create charactors that you cant help fall for and they seem unique when you read the book. I loved the charactor of Cilla, strong, able to care for herself, but over time she accepts that its okay to be vulnrable. Ford and his dog were a perfect match for Cilla and you could fully believe how they would click and fall for each other in such a short time.

I loved following the restoration of the 'Farm',and Ms Roberts makes you care for the house and Cilla, that you feel annoyed and angry when 'villian' starts to terrorize the house and Cilla. Even though you may get an idea of who you think it is, you'll enjoy finding out the why's and how's.

Thats why i Love her books, you get drawn in, so much to the point that putting the book down seems impossible. She may stick to the same format but it's a winner.

3.0 out of 5 stars after a long wait.., 14 July 2008
S. Begum (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tribute (Paperback)
I have been waiting with anticipated pleasure for this book for a long while, and finally I had it. I was expecting to fall in love with her characters as I would expect with any Nora Roberts book. Although the book had the usual charm of her style of writing, this one had the re-curring character of lead male/romantic interest that we saw in Nora Roberts previous 2 stand alone books, i.e. High Noon, Blue Smoke. The type of male lead that we saw in those books i.e. boyish charm, funny, sweet, but happy to see the woman lead characters play the hero/heroine and slip into their shadow, we see again in Tribute. The same can be said for the lead female role, you again have the independant, feisty, warrior female. Although this is nice, 3 in a row becomes tedious with none of the excitement that you find with new male and female characters in her books. Its a good read, but somewhat repetitive, with recurring themes, a brief summary of the book is as follows:-
A failing actress wants to come to terms with her past and tries to do so by restoring the house of her famous actress grandmother, and whilst building the house, also builds relations, new and past, and meets her cute, sweet neighbour next door (images of Blue Smoke come to mind). They fall in love, she decides on her new future career as a contractor, also battles a villain who wants her to flee the town, and finds herself and finds a home rather than just a house.
I really hope Nora Roberts comes up with something new in her next standalone book, please! It would be nice to see some character changes in the lead male & female roles. I remember when I read Public Secrets and Private Scandals back-to-back, now those were two books that you could not say were similar, and you definately could not confuse the characters and, both were amazing in their own right. Lets hope that we see more of the Nora Roberts books we so loved in the past.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, escapist chicklit, 27 April 2010
Nicola F (Nic) (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tribute (Paperback)
Some NR books are a hit and some are a miss with their silly character names and overly done plots. This, I'm happy to say in my opinion was a hit; more so than a lot of her other novels I've read lately. In this one Cilla, a former actress relocates to the tumbledown country home once owned by her late-but-extremely-famous movie star grandmother and sets about lovingly restoring it to its former glory. But this is a house of secrets. This is the home where her grandmother allegedly committed suicide... or is it? Judging by the nasty little threats Cilla begins to receive, someone is clearly desperate to stop her from uncovering the truth.

Roberts, the queen of romantic suspense has certainly pulled out all the stops with this one- it's an engaging, entertaining read with that splash of sexy intrigue and mystery she's famous for- she's created a really good love interest with gawkily handsome comic book writer Ford Sawyer, and the small town set up of characters add a nice homely feel to the plot. It's definitely formulaic, but it works. I reckon this would make a really terrific beach read- it's something not too taxing to while away the hours with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tribute to Nora Roberts, 31 May 2009
This review is from: Tribute (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, I always find with Nora that the book is either 'normal' or 'exceptional' and never in between... this book is exceptional, it had me gripped from the word go, the relationship with the guy next door was realistic and very well done. It became obvious 'who done it' early one, to find out near the end that I only had half a story and there was a big twist at the end!

The only bad thing about this book is like so many others... once it's over and the bad guy is caught Nora wraps up the story in 2 pages... I always find it leaves me wanting! The books that have an epilogue always tidy things up much better.

If you are thinking of buying this book... Do it... you won't be sorry.

4.0 out of 5 stars An absorbing, gentle story, 2 Jan 2009
DebB (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Tribute (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this. To be sure there were no out and out baddies, no histrionic break up, just a slow burn love story with a bit of mystery and nastiness to cut the sweetness. To be sure, Ford sounds totally too good to be true, but hey, this is a romantic novel!
On the down side, I spotted one of the baddies the page they arrived, which was a bit of a shame.
If you want a gently humorous, warm love story then this is for you. I read it as my "settle the brain into sleep mode" book over five evenings and found myself reading on waaay past when I ought to have been.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was hooked, 4 Feb 2009
N. Gibson (Cumbia, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tribute (Paperback)
Another great easy read, I'd recommend this author to anyone. Great book with interesting characters and a good story. Roberts draws you in and gives you enough infomation so you can picture the scene, and as the character goes about bringing the house to life again, you really feel part of it. I read this in a day... really couldn't put it down, it's that good!! It keeps you guessing, has a great twist, and a sexy neighbour to keep you interested in too. Go read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 23 Jan 2009
This review is from: Tribute (Paperback)
I love Nora Roberts' books and this one was another good read. I loved the characters Cilla and Ford. The story of the farm relating back to Cilla's grandmother was OK - but it lacked the suspense and final climax of some of Nora Roberts' other books - which is why I didn't give it a 5* review. You will not be disappointed though as even without this it is still good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Over-written and too similar to other Nora Roberts, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Tribute (Paperback)
Over-written, repetitious, stuck in a rut with her female character seeming too much like several others in her previous books: dominating, feisty, independent to a fault; and the same with the male lead: just too good to be true - a woman's fantasy man but far from reality. Nora Roberts needs to be some flaws in her characters otherwise they seem like cut-out dolls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 4 July 2014