5.0 out of 5 stars LBND - Honest?
I echo all the above about the detail, emotion, humour, variety of topic covered and sincerity of feeling. But at the risk of sounding harsh to Lol, I do wonder how honest he was over the circumstances of the 1999 newspaper 'sting'. For instance, he says the 'drugs' stories were based on adolescent transgressions by others into which he inserted himself - fine, but he...
Published on 16 Dec 2008 by Jeff Radcliffe "Bear"

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished Business
I think that Lawrence at 35 is perhaps too young to be writing My life and as an old fart myself that still applies.This is my first experience of reading a Sport autobiography so i can't compare as with some other reviewers. I do find the criticism of not opening up entirely to be valid-I am not sure that he is keener to redress imbalances than say it "entirely as it is"...
Published on 6 Feb 2008 by Milsonman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid but dull, 14 Nov 2008
James A. Hicken (Northants England) - See all my reviews
I looked forward to Lawrence Dallaglio's book but found it quite tedious at times. He is great man, and I will always remember him as the ultimate rugby warrior but David Walsh does not do him any great favours with this worthy but stodgy effort

5.0 out of 5 stars Super read, 11 Jan 2008
D. Cunningham (Galway, Ireland) - See all my reviews
My wife bought this book for me for Xmas and I just finished it. A super read for anyone interested on getting the inside track on the life of a profession rugby player who also has a very interesting story to tell outside of rugby.

4.0 out of 5 stars In The Blood, 20 Jan 2008
Steel451 (SouthWest,England) - See all my reviews
This monologue of Dallaglio's career is enjoyable and gives you an insight into the world of professional rugby - from Dallaglio's perspective.

Sometimes moving and written in a conversational style (as if you were talking to the man in a bar), this is an easy book to pick up.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This review is irrelevant - reasons given below, 21 Aug 2009
I am sure it is a fantastic book, but I bought it as a present for someone else, and I am unlikely to read it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›