5.0 out of 5 stars A message at the most needed time

Published on 22 Feb 2002

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 22 Feb 2002
By A Customer
I found this book on this website, and ordered it through curiosity. However, I found it disappointing. The writing style seemed hurried and careless, and somehow didn't convince. I read 'The Way of the Peaceful Warrior' by Dan Millman a few years ago, and found that a much more affecting and powerful book. If you enjoyed this book, try D. Millman for comparison. Both involve the theme of a mysterious mentor figure who changes the course of the protagonist's life, however The Way.. is a deeper and more satisfying book. I can trully say it changed my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A message at the most needed time, 23 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I have not been a spiritual person most of my life and when given the book doubted that I would finish it. I unbelievably found that I could not put it down. The message is strong and convincingly communicated. I will personally put the message to use starting today and hope that for the sake of humanity's future we can all begin our 100 day journey to back to buliding our Heaven on Earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Blueprint on Living, 1 July 2001
By A Customer
This book, like no other I have read, enters into the heart and soul of daily living. It moves you through the awareness of how vital our lives are. It describes in detail the miracle of life and our own life as a miracle. THE GREATEST MIRACLE IN THE WORLD will move you into an appreciation of living encouraging peace and love to be extended with all you know. It is great for inspiring people who feel life is not worth living.
I also recommend: What the Dying Teach Us: Lessons on Living by Samuel Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you rethink your life and life goals, 21 Oct 1998
By A Customer
I read this wise book a couple times several years ago. I still have the copy, all marked up where I found useful thoughts and quotations. The story of Simon the Ragpicker and the writer could be made into an Academy Award winning movie, if some producer would do it right -- it's that moving.
The God Memorandum, at the end, is like a modern day book of the Bible, entirely positive and profound. However, I don't think it's necessary to do the little piece of cloth ritual!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book I have ever read., 5 Mar 2000
chrisanaste@lineone.net (West Midlands. England) - See all my reviews
This has to be the most inspiring book I have ever had the pleasure reading. The words of this book will stay with you for a long time. If you are feeling down this is the book to read, to lift your spirits. If you do really want to change your life. I would recommend you to read this book now.

5.0 out of 5 stars My mind, body, soul and spirit soared like an eagle., 18 Sep 1997
By A Customer
For those of us whose dreams have been dashed, our strength diminished and our hearts broken, and yet there is but a string left that we grasp on to. That my friend, is all that Og Mandino, his words and his message needs to raise us back to the mountain top where we once stood many years ago viewing our life and it's potential for peace, harmony and (yes) GREATNESS (if you please). Alas our dreams and ambitions restored and invigorated beyond our wildest dreams and aspirations! But of whom or what do we speak you ask! OURSELVES! My beloved OURSELVES! What we had, was not "lost" and now merely "found" again, but rather recovered, reclaimed and repossessed ..we no longer have to believe the lies and cheat ourselves any longer, not beyond this very moment ..but rather rise up, treat ourselves "well" and watch the MIRACLE HAPPEN!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an odd book, but interesting, little book., 11 July 1998
By A Customer
I found the author tells a good story, but what "turned me off" is that he wastes time by constantly promoting other books he had written, right in the story line. I did not appreciate that type of cheap promoting---especially when it was done over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Og Mandino, a Ragpicker by any other name., 2 July 1999
By A Customer
Og Mandino achieved the pinacle of his field, selling more inspirational books than any other writer in his time. Had he stopped with "The Greatest Salesman in the World," we would have all been short changed. His writing of the "Greatest Miracle in the World" surpassed all his other works in how it inspires people, but that alone wasn't enough for him to achieve.
Even with books like "The Choice" and "The Twelveth Angel," he never seemed to disappoint his readers. There was something for everyone.
Mr. Og's books aren't for just anyone, they're for everyone. Some of us just don't know it yet.
If you know of someone that has bottomed out, give them a personal copy of this book.... Put a personal inscription in it.... Help them make it through the 100 days.... Wear your ragpicker emblem in humility, but with love. Your reward is yet to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars A totally awesome book. Recommended it to many., 10 Jun 1999
By A Customer
It was as if this book was about me. There were so many instances that was, "wow". The storyline was amazing. Og and Simon had a relationship that was simple yet complex. The end had me wanting to run out and buy the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Miracle is a Miracle for Everyone that is Alive!, 7 Jan 1997
By A Customer
The "Greatest Miracle In The World" is a miracle for everyone that's alive! The "God Memorandum" at the end is the clincher here. One should read this entire memorandum from God to you over and over. It's a great self worth builder and I highly reccommend it to all my clients whether they be writers, musicians, actors, doctors, attorneys or my staff. It's a wonderful self esteem selection and makes one so wonderfully aware of Gods "being" here for us every momemt and every breathe we take of each day of our lives. A must see!

George Michaud