on 21 February 2011
The CD has four tracks, which are designed to time your breathing to either 6, 5, 4 or 3 breaths per minute. This is achieved by adding chimes to the music, four at one tone for the in breath and four at a lower tone for the out breath. I've not used it for long yet, so can't talk about any benefits accrued through practising to it, but can say that it does its intended job well.

There are no accompanying instructions as to how to breathe (i.e. with your diaphragm and abdomen etc.) so it's probably worth learning about this somewhere when practising with this CD. But as a tool to help you learn to breathe slowly and calmly it's worth having lying around.
on 24 June 2011
Wow...now i know what true relaxation means!!!
Felt very tense,shoulders stiff, unable to concentrate!!!
As soon as my CD arrived i put it to the test..it made me relax and unwind within minutes!!!
Felt fantastic...my two daugthers have also have also benefited due to there high profile jobs!!!
Well done Amazon...great product.
Regards
Lily
on 17 July 2010
As a trainee Hypnotherapist I have found this CD to be an excellent tool for helping clients to slow down and work their way into trance with the aid of hypnotherapy techniques.
Also a useful aid to ehance own relaxation /self hypnosis etc.
on 2 April 2014
I find this cd really useful to help me get off to sleep. I've had a long term problem with insomnia, often being still awake, tossing and turning at 2.00 or 3.00 a.m. I never realised how shallowly I breathe until I used this cd. I used all the tracks, trying out 6,5,4 and 3 breaths a minute. Not only do I get to sleep much sooner than before, I also sleep much more deeply and I actually feel human in the mornings. I never thought it would happen! I use this cd or the 'Mindfulness of Breathing' one. They are both excellent and I'd thoroughly recommend them both.
on 30 March 2013
I've used resperate, which works, this will too at a lot less money and no fear of breaking down. Good to use in the car too
on 29 September 2013
I wanted to train my breathing technique for border line hypertension and didnt fancy shelling out £200+ for theRESPeRATE Ultra Blood Pressure Reduction Device, this has helped me but you need to be disciplined to do regularly.
on 4 February 2016
To be fair, I've only tried it once and found it frustrating. There are virtually no instructions - nothing about breathing into your belly rather than at the top of your chest, and no clue as to how the sequences of chimes are to be used to best advantage. You're given four chimes at one pitch then four more at a different pitch, and the sequence is repeated: are you supposed to do "four in, four out", or "four in, wait four, four out", or what? It might be one of those things I need to persevere with!
on 9 February 2014
Excellent CD and really does help you relax. I relaxed so much I was nearly asleep. Didn't think it would help me at first as thought why am I listening to bells chiming but definitely glad I listened more.
on 20 March 2014
This product did not work for me but I think it just didn't suit my temperament. I bought it to help me relax and it had the opposite effect.
on 26 April 2013
I dont really feel qualified to judge as i dont think I have really given it enough of a chance because I love my rain & thunder so much