5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy
It is definately worth buying the 16in toy. I bought the smaller one first but it was too small, this is a perfect size for my kids and looks more like the gruffalo should.
Published on 23 Nov 2010 by hummingbird

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Stitching
My daughter loves this to bits, but within the first day, the stitching started to come off and the "stuffing" is coming out. I just hope the replacement is better made.
Published on 10 Dec 2010 by Amazonian

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy, 23 Nov 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Gruffalo!, 1 Oct 2010
1Sandra2 (Leamington Spa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aurora's Gruffalo Sitting, 16-inch (Toy)
this is lovely, I bought it for my grandson as a present when his new brother was born. He loves the story, and saw a gruffalo in a shop when we were out waiting for his new brother to arrive, but saved money buying it from Amazon. Gruffalo now goes everywhere with my boy, and sits watching him in bed while he is asleep. He is no monster though, you can't help but love him!

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Stitching, 10 Dec 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars A great teddy for my daughter!, 8 April 2011
K. Pritchard "Karl" (Forces abroad) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aurora's Gruffalo Sitting, 16-inch (Toy)
My daughter fell in love with the Gruffalo book, and then when it was released on TV she was over the moon. Now she owns him as a teddy she is needless to say very happy.

It is a very well made toy with fantastic details, from his knobbly knees to the wort on his nose. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding!!, 13 Jan 2011
Tried and Tested (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Aurora's Gruffalo Sitting, 16-inch (Toy)
I bought this for my 2 year old niece as a Christmas present, she (along with her 2 older sisters) is a huge fan of the Gruffalo and they all constantly watch the dvd and read the book (or more accurately have it read to them, although they do know it word for word).

The book description of a Gruffalo is
"...who is this creature with terrible claws
and terrible teeth in his terrible jaws?
he has knobbly knees and turned out toes
and a poisonous wart at the end of his nose.
His eyes are orange, his tongue is black,
he has purple prickles all over his back"

and this is perfectly represented in this soft toy. They have somehow managed to make a potentially scary creature quite cute.

What I particularly liked about the toy is how soft it is (even the prickles down his back are soft), it is perfectly huggable and my niece now takes this to bed with her every night. I was concerned that if waking during the night it might scare her but this doesn't appear to have been the case so far.

Although this is advertised as 16 inches, if buying it you need to know that the toy is 16 inches end to end, this is not the height that it is when sat down, when it is closer to 11-12 inches.

After having this toy for 3 weeks, my main thought is "I wish I'd bought 3 of them" so that my nieces could have one each.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any Gruffalo fan, 3 Dec 2010
This review is from: Aurora's Gruffalo Sitting, 16-inch (Toy)
My 3 year old loves this toy as she's been a big Gruffalo fan since her 2nd birthday. Its beautifully made and was £9 cheaper than in Debenhams!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Aurora's Gruffalo Sitting, 16-inch (Toy)
This is a lovely toy for kids into gruffalo yes buy it he is nearly as big as her but he is dragged every where that says it all to me, she loves him to bits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gruffalo, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Aurora's Gruffalo Sitting, 16-inch (Toy)
My son and I are arguing about who this belongs to! It is extremely soft and cuddly. I have no doubt that, in the end, my son will win!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Aurora's Gruffalo Sitting, 16-inch (Toy)
Well it's the Gruffalo so how could it go wrong?! A lovely cuddly toy, really looks like the book character, my 2 year old loves holding while having the book read to her and then drags him around the house with her. A firm favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars 16" gruffalo, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Aurora's Gruffalo Sitting, 16-inch (Toy)
i brought this 16" gruffalo for my son as it was the cheapest i found and didnt really know what to expect as it was under £14 was amazed when it arrived quicker than stated and when i saw how good it was my son istanly took it to nursery and loved it !!happy son happy mommy :)

Aurora's Gruffalo Sitting, 16-inch