on 16 December 2010
I generally do not write negative reviews but I do feel that the provider of this item has taken some serious liberties. Firstly the photo image clearly shows an Apple branded product. In addition the price reduction of £48 down to £33 would again suggest that this is an Apple product (you can buy from the Apple site for £44 plus delivery). What in fact I received appears to be an off white generic knock-off. For me appearance is not a huge issue as long as it works (indeed some of the reviews of the Apple branded product itself have been less than glowing in terms of its function) but for others who buy the Apple brand for its design and style, what I received would be totally unacceptable. It is a completely different shade of white, contrasting markedly with the power cable itself and is not embossed with the Apple logo.

So PC247 I have no problem with you selling Apple compatible products as long as you make it clear that that is what they are. Who knows they might even be better than Apple's own.
99 comments| 362 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2011
Although I received a working mac charger very quickly it was an older model than pictured, which was slightly disappointing & misleading.
on 22 February 2013
I thought I was buying an Apple product and it wasn't. The picture showing the product was different from the product I received
on 9 February 2013
Fell apart after about a week, it's not an apple product and just feels and looks cheap. Would not buy again.
on 23 February 2013
Arrived impressively quickly - within one day - but was not genuine Apple product as stated and literally fell apart as I attempted to use it for first time.
on 11 May 2010
I agree with the person above...received this item and discovered I was sent the exact same plug as I had before...not the updated version shown in the photo. Also sent a black plug to plug into the transformer...which then sparked and blew...then stopped charging. However I have to say delivery was fast and refund was dealt with smoothly and without fuss.
on 18 November 2011
I was dubious about getting this as there were some reviews saying that the adaptor was not an original Apple one and was instead a poor quality rip off. However, there seemed to be enough reviews to the contrary that I decided to take the risk assuming I could return it if it wasnt as advertised.

Glad that I did, as to my eye it looked like a brand new Apple power adaptor. It certainly looks identical to my old one except that it runs noticably cooler and it has the new mag connector.

I bought this item from CHARGER4U, so bear that in mind when you are reading the reviews, they may be of the same alledged item, but they are not of the same seller. CHARGER4U have sold what they advertised, a genuine Apple maglock power adaptor and my macbook is working fine once more (better than it was to be honest as its cooler).

So, as a sceptical buyer, I'd recommend this to anyone who is currently doing what I was a month ago... reading about all the varying varieties of charger and possible suppliers and wondering which was legit.
on 28 May 2013
I returned this item as it didn't work with my MacBook, I took it to the apple store in Glasgow and was told that it was a fake copy of the originals by one of the staff. Don't buy
on 19 May 2013
1. It does, as claimed, convert alternating current electricity into direct current at a voltage and amperage suitable for a Macbook. It also, however, generates heat. A lot of heat. Enough to quickly and easily melt butter for popcorn (unless you prefer sweet popcorn; it's not hot enough to carmelise sugar), enough to make you think twice about resting it on a rug, carpet, or warmth-craving housepet.
Once I set it on a slate trivet, though, it seemed all right.
Seriously, though, be careful.
on 19 May 2012
There is no doubt that the weak point of the MacBook Pro is the poorly designed charger. Given that Apple demand a full £50 for their replacements sold online I was sceptical that at half the price this could possibly be the genuine article, but as far as I can tell, it is. Apple branded, the same colour as the old charger and works perfectly, for a fraction of the ludicrous price that Apple want. My old charger broke at 16:00 one afternoon, I ordered a replacement from Chargers4U before 17:00 with expedited delivery and received it at 14:00 the next day, so worth considering if you are in that position.

A note on reviews: because of the (still) poor review system on Amazon which lumps reviews of multiple products/titles under one section, there are negative reviews which seem to be for products from other sellers. I am only reviewing the charger and service from Chargers4U, which is the standard retailer on this page at the time of writing.