Price:£15.11+ Free shipping

on 10 March 2014
Was forced to re-purchase remote after changing my wifi router. This meant I couldn't use the 'Remote' app to connect to the router as it was not synced to the new wifi, so needed the new remote.

Feels like a quality product, and is actually nice to have the remote back (other ran out of battery and consequently 'shorted' inside, meaning it was totally obsolete).

However, if you can live without and cope with the app, I would suggest you do.
on 4 July 2015
Operates your apple tv which is quite a good product. The only downside is that it's so small and thin that it becomes lost every 30 seconds. I now only 24 apple remotes but only ever know where 1 is at a time. My hope that is once I purchased another 100 - 200 wherever I look i'll find a lost apple remote. I'm also hoping that they make them so small that a slight breeze will be able to carry them away to continue the daily apple remote hunting fun.
on 26 November 2014
Old apple remote for my apple tv 2 gave up the ghost.

I'd jailbroken my old apple tv 2 and without realising I needed the official remote to get into the menu system to re-sync the remote app on my iphone.

This remote worked straight out the box with no need to press any button combos to sync it to my apple tv. Direct replacement for the original remote.
on 26 July 2014
This was purchased to replace my apple tv 3rd generation remote which had stopped working. The remote worked straight out of the retail boxing. This is apple made and you cannot tell the difference with the original. The remote was well packaged and was competitively priced when compared worth other sellers. A great buy and I would recommend the seller.
I find it strange that Apple does not include this device when you buy an iMac. With my old intel core 2 duo I had to purchase a remote (the white plastic type) and again when I purchased my latest 27" i3 intel I've had to purchase one (the latest aluminium type). Both machines were set-up for use of a remote so for the small cost of providing one in the box I think Apple could save their customers the hassle of having to source one and then purchasing it.

Well that's my complaining done, now to my opinion of the device. I love the aluminium construction, it feels so much better than the old plastic ones and it looks good too. Functionally it is the same as previous models providing four buttons on the face of the device. There is a menu button, a start/stop/pause button, a selection button and then the directional/scroll button, so nothing different there but there doesn't need to be and the functions provided by these buttons are all that is needed when using the Front Row application or viewing your media on an iMac for example. I must admit that I've never tried using it with my iPod or iPhone so I can't comment on that.

One small detail that is a step backwards in my opinion is the fact that there is no longer a magnet in the remote for attaching it to your iMac, so basically you just have it lying around loose on your work top. However, I got around this by attaching a velcro patch to the back of the remote and the side of my iMac - now the remote sits where it used to on my old iMac and there is no danger of losing it (I hope).

So on the whole I like this device a lot and think it's well worth having.
44 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2013
This was delivered to me in record time and nicely packaged.
I use it for my apple tv as my other remote disappeared into thin air, there didn't seem to be any need to set it up or anything - it just worked!

The only criticism and its probably more the owner than the remote, it is so easy to mislay....
on 23 September 2013
don't know if it happens with all apple remotes...the battery cover of mine is a little flimsy and sometimes the battery doesn't connect, so the remote stops working...i had to do a little trick to make it work..other than that, the remote is great, does its purpose and arived as always on time and well packaged.
on 6 June 2014
so lite very small great feel of quality and ease of use definitely would not want it any smaller as it would be hard to use works with iPod iPad and my phone as well as my new apple computer does very few functions but all I need would have been nice if it had turned of computer but thats a small point
on 31 March 2014
These remotes claim they work with all Iphones, I pods etc, THEY DO NOT!, this is for the I tv, it will work with certain docking stations but very few......
Wondering why an I remote is £20.00 ......... look up how much the bit it connects to is, Over £70.00
Best Leave this product alone
on 20 March 2012
Nothing to say except simple, easy and it works. That's what I like about Apple. If there is one draw back (and it's not really a draw back) it is that it is so small and smooth that it can go into a pocket or down the side of a sofa and be lost, so pick a spot to store it and leave it there!