on 24 December 2009
The 27'' screen is impressive and leaves lots of space for working. The machine is quiet and powerful.
Being a photographer (and a programmer), I need the extra space of the new 27'' iMac as well as the extra power of the 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo CPU.
Highly recommended!
VINE VOICEon 22 November 2009
I have owned Macs for years. Previous to the 27inch iMac I had a desktop MacPro with two monitors. I decided to take the plunge and replace it with the new 27inch iMac. What a beauty, the LED screen is wonderful/amazing. The speed (3.33ghz) is tremendous.

Transferring my old programs was as simple as connecting a cable and waiting for transfer. I can highly recommend the new 27inch iMac. It is a 27inch wonder. I can now confirm - bigger is better.
This is my first Mac, and I'm not going to go all gushy about it ... it is fabulous, but I would expect any computer I spend this kind of cash on to be first rate.

In the reassuringly heavy box is the all-in-one computer/monitor ... a box containing the tiny keyboard and mouse ... and a couple of DVDs and a very slim user guide.

Set up was a doodle, instantly recognising my wifi network, and within about 5 minutes of unpacking and switching on, I was getting mail.

The big thing about this 27 inch iMac is the screen ...it is the best I have ever used straight out of the box, although I did spend a couple of minutes calibrating it to my taste.

It comes with a decent set of native programmes, and I will be setting it up for dual boot with windows 7.

Boot time and switch off is very impressive, less than a minute to switch on (and load Skype) and almost instantly off.

All in all, I'm very happy with my first mac experience, I have heard some reports about the magic mouse being over sensitive ... not in my experience ... although I did go set it up to how I like it ... took a minute to do,

I'm coming to terms with the tiny keyboard, but being a large ex rugby player with fat hand (but a reasonably fast typer) I may have to migrate to something bigger .... having said that, I notice that the full size keyboard is only available as a wired unit.

I may also invest in the magic trackpad as I think that might be a useful add on.
on 16 November 2009
This is just sublime, a picture so sharp you will never leave your chair.

A mouse so intuitive and minimal, its almost not there.

Really has to be seen to be believed.
on 28 November 2014
This is the machine I own. I spent a lot of time deliberating wether to buy it or not, eventually I did and I must say I have not regretted it, it's a dream! From the perfect screen size to the sound from built in speakers everything about this machine oozes quality, including the build and software. It is so easy to use, though I must admit it took a while for me to get used the the new operating system (my first mac, bar an iPhone).

After a couple of years now the machine has slowed down a bit, though the hard drive is over 3/4 full and I could do with cleaning up my files a bit, which does improve that. It has never given me a days trouble, there are no error messages, unlike my last dell PC which was a nightmare...
on 20 December 2009
while this computer is by all means a great offer, be aware that Apple has just released a new version with the brand new I5 or I7 processor at nearly the same price, which is more powerful.
55 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 14 July 2010
I know gushing reviews aren't that helpful but can't help it with this one. It's a great computer, fab screen, fast and well made. I love the clarity of the screen. The cut down keyboard is great and makes you wonder why you needed that full size one before. It packs up neatly on the desk when you're not using it. I have read the critical reviews here but I've had no problems with any of the points raised. I have had reliability issues with apple DVD drives in the past but so far no problem with this one. It is a great product.