5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality Micro 4/3 adapter
This adapter allows users of the new Micro 4/3 camera format, including the Olympus Pen range, to use older type Olympus lenses from the OM range.
Since Olympus used the OM mount without any changes for many years, there is a huge variety of these quality lenses available second hand at very reasonable prices.
Olympus has its own adapters available considerably...
Published on 10 Feb. 2011 by Grandad

2.0 out of 5 stars It works, but ...
Published 17 months ago by mr c j irwin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality Micro 4/3 adapter, 10 Feb. 2011
Grandad (Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fotodiox Anello Adattatore per Olympus OM Zuiko Obiettivo a Fotocamera MFT Micro 4/3 (Camera)
Olympus has its own adapters available considerably higher prices but, frankly, this is a well made item that does the job just as well.
There are two factors you need to bear in mind when using an older lens on your Micro 4/3 camera. The cropping factor resulting from the camera design means that the focal length of any lens attached is, effectively, doubled.
For example, if you pick up a standard 50mm f1.8 Olympus Zuiko lens on ebay, it becomes a very fast 100mm lens - making a high quality portrait lens for very little outlay.
Before you jump in, I should remind you of the second point. You will need to acquaint yourself with the manual controls on your camera because you will have to do quite a lot manually, including setting the aperture on the lens itself and focussing manually. If you always use your camera on "automatic" for point-and-shoot photography, this is probably not for you. If you decide to persevere though, you will be rewarded.
I bought this adapter because a relative recently gave me two old Olympus lenses from a defunct film camera. Although shipped from the US, it arrived in less than a week. The adapter clicked effortlessly onto the 50mm lens mount and just as easily onto my Olympus Pen E-PL1. The resulting test shots were impressive.
Using the telephoto zoom lens was a little more problematic because the doubling effect gave me a maximum 400mm equivalent lens which was a little more difficult to focus manually when hand held. That problem could be eliminated, though, with the use of a tripod.
Overall conclusion: adapters like this, also available for a range of other camera mounts, are bringing a little fun back into photography and open up a treasure chest of forgotten lenses hidden at the back of cupboards for decades. I am now planning to acquire a few more lenses to try out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and much cheaper than the MF-2 - OM lenses on M4/3, 14 Mar. 2011
Ibraar 'Le Saracen' "le_saracen" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Well, This is beautifully constructed lens adaptor, and it's a bargain! The comparative Olympus version costs 4 to 5 times as much as this Fotodiox one!
And this works perfectly, set your G or Pen series camera to shoot without lens.
Attach adaptor, which clicks smoothly into place (just like attaching a lens)
Attach any Olympus Zuiko OM series lens to it as normal, and shoot away!
The camera meters perfectly, just use the finger toggle to adjust exposure compensation.
Change aperture normally on the lens and focus too and the camera shoots in aperture Priority!

Simple effective and brilliant!

I have the excellent Panasonic Lumix GH1 and I needed quality glass to shoot stills and video with - and M4/3 lenses are very expensive!

OM Zuiko lenses are optically perfect pin sharp with beautiful contrast and I have my trusty old OM2n and a 28mm f2.8 and a 50mm f1.8 in mint condition, so I thought I could do with using these on the GH1.
Attachment was simple, and the results are also perfect as the GH1 VF is brilliant, and manual focussing is easy peasy on it! The results are utterly superb! Though bare in mind the Focal length multiplies by two, so the 50mm f1.8 turns into a pin shrp very fast 100mm f1.8 portrait lens.
The 28mm f2.8 turns into a longish standard 56mm f2.8 lens etc.

You can pick up OM glass for cheap so spend £30 quid on this adaptor and save yourself hundreds of Pounds on lenses!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, benefits outweigh the drawbacks, 5 Sept. 2014
I use this to attach an OM 50mm f3.5 Macro lens to my PEN camera. I used to use it to attach an OM 85-250 zoom as well until I got the MFT 75-300 zoom, so the 85-250 is now relegated to my old OM bodies. When used with a long lens (and the 85-250 was long in a focal and a literal sense) it does seem somewhat flimsy and I was concerned about the weight going onto it. But with the shorter lens it is fine and seems to fit securely enough for my purposes. One thing to be aware of is that it seems to permit the lens to overfocus, that it, when the OM lens is set to infinity it is actually past infinity, resulting in a blurred image. This happens on all the OM lenses I have tried on it. But for what I use it for, namely close up work, this is not really a problem. Much cheaper than the official Olympus product. Note of course that as the OM lenses are all manual aperture and manual focus, these have to be set by the photographer. Some third party adapters don't stop the lens down and you have to press the depth of field preview button to get the setting you want. This adapter does stop the lens down once it is mounted so all you have to do is dial in the aperture you want on the lens and the lens will stop down. This does have the drawback however that the display darkens when you do this which can be a pain in low light conditions as you may have trouble seeing to manually focus. Sometime I have to focus with the lens wide open, then change the aperture before shooting. But it is still worthwhile for me to permit the use of OM glass on the new MFT cameras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value adaptor, 8 Feb. 2013
Promptly delivered - excellent build qulaity providing a good fit to allow me to use old OM zuiko lenses - almost long since forgotten. Need more time to experiment but initia; results from G3 - on no lens setting look promising. Have not as yet worked out the G1 settings - but will do!

2.0 out of 5 stars It works, but ..., 19 Sept. 2013
I sent this back for a refund and bought the genuine Olympus version. The Fotodiox certainly worked and the fit wasn't bad, but I wasn't entirely happy with the quality. As I have a number of OM lenses and intended to use the adapter a lot, and was putting it on the front of an expensive camera (EM-5) I wanted something that would never give me any trouble or cause for regret.

The Olympus is superior in every way, except for the extortionate cost. The Fotodiox interior is a simple tube with a shiny finish, the Olympus has a complex, profiled interior with a matt finish to minimise reflections. The Fotodiox front mounting plate and retaining springs aren't very well machined - I could feel sharp edges which I didn't like. The rear mount is machined as one piece with the tube and wasn't dead flat. The Olympus mounts are the same standard as the OM lenses, ie. very good quality.

Neither the Fotodiox nor the Olympus are good value for money. The Fotodiox works ok, but if you can afford it, get the Olympus adapter.

2.0 out of 5 stars Loose fitting, 17 Aug. 2013
At first I accepted a little looseness at the lens mount side and put it down to the older OM lens mount being worn. Have since acquired more lenses of differing age and all had similar loose fit. Ordered a new adaptor from Rainbow Imaging in the states ,cheaper and a much better fit, lenses now do not lose focus. I may have received a dud from fotodiox, but quality control is not great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied customer, 9 Sept. 2012
I bought this for my brand new Olympus EP3 camera because it was recommended by a friend. She uses it on her Olympus EP2 and we are both quite happy with the purchase. I've been using it to mount my Olympus OM Zuiko 50 mm f/1.8 lens and have taken some great photos with it. Definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fotodiox OM-m4/3 adapter, 5 Sept. 2012
Hi all, I purchased this adapter from Amazon, and I was very pleased with the efficient and speedy response with my order. I needed the adapter for an Olympus 50mm lens,I've never used this lens before, so buying the Panasonic or Olympus Adapter was too expensive and if it didn't work, a waste of money compared to the Fotodiox. This Lens works perfect on my Panasonic G3,and the pictures it takes are pin sharp. I am highly delighted, however, there is one slight downside,it is just a little loose on the lens, I can live with that,it doesn't make any difference to the result. I will buy another at this price, as soon as I can pick up a 28mm lens. Hope this is of some help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus to M4 thirds adapter, 2 Sept. 2012
J. London "JohnL" (West Quantoxhead, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to get back to using real manual focus lenses and utilise my range of pre digital Oly' lenses. The adapter fits very well, no slop or play and works exactly as described. It is a joy to use and great to get back to real manual focusing - that it after you got the hang of it again - and don't forget to put your camera into to manual focus mode. Delivery time was exceptionally good, only 3 days from ordering to delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Using old lenses, 7 Aug. 2012
Worked well enabling me to use my old lenses and give them a new lease of life, Watch the focusing distance as it does change.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›