on 27 July 2009
A Skylit Drive are an excellent band. Their first major album 'Wires and the Concept of Breathing' (2008) was fast and slow, angry and sad. They showed more maturity than their age suggested. They showed that they knew they wanted to make music that did not simply conform to the present day screamo formula. They showed many glimpses of brilliance on that album.

Adelphia (2009) has taken this a small step further, and a step in the right direction too. They have not changed their sound at all, which is good as there was no need for them to do so. Maybe there is slightly less screaming vocals on this album, however it is not all that noticeable. In fact I would perhaps argue that it is better that way as the lead singer relaly has a brilliant clean voice.

What I love about this album is the use of subtle synths in intro riffs or choruses. A classic example of this would be the song Running With the Light. The start sounds great and the chorus really sounds quite epic. I can see the band maturing in this album, and not in band way. They have kept the dischord of their riffs and kept the breakdowns. The lyrics are also fantastic and catchy - see Eva the Carrier for this!

Who would I say they sound like? They have some Alexisonfire in them, in terms of the guitar work. Singing wise they sound like Beyond All Reason or Monty Are I - clean high pitched vocals. They have a good screamer too. You might like them if you like Enter Shikari and Blessed by a Broken Heart.

In summary this is a very good album. If you like screamo music with a bit more intelligence and ingenuity then you will like this. The only thing I can see putting some people off would be the singers high pitched voice. But I love it!
on 18 April 2011
Okie's well first all the songs just blew me away! this was a kick ass album and it's now one of my favourites in my collection.
The vocals in the whole album are truly amazing!!!
I'v heard some singer's in my time but this guy is something new...
I basically couldn't tell you which of my songs on here is my fav because it's such a good album that every track on it is my favourite so yeah i would say that anyone who's thinking about buying this album don't think... buy it ! ;)