5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - still going after 4 years switched on 24/7
Purchased one to replace my second failed BT Home Hub 2. What a change. Instead of flaky connection at 150 Mbps, I now have solid 300 Mbps Wifi across my entire house. And its never dropped yet. The setup was done in about 2 mins flat. Sure, it's ugly compared to some routers but what you want is it to work. The only drama I had was assigning a fixed IP to a device...
Published on 7 Dec 2010 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars 7800N - The new one to beat. Really.
I had a Billion router before, but upgraded to this 7800N.

My ping times have dropped from 65ms to 15ms, my synch speed has improved from 4MB to 6.5MB (I'm 4.5km from the exchange) and I have not had a single reboot in the 3 weeks since installing it. It's rock solid at these speeds, 24/7 uptime so far.
My BT line now reports a maximum line speed of 7000K...
Published on 14 April 2011 by Outside the Box

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 Aug 2011
This review is from: Billion BiPAC 7800N Dual WAN ADSL2+/Broadband Wireless-N Gigabit Firewall Modem Router (Electronics)
I was so disappointed about this, it doesnt work at all :/ I dont know what was wrong but still I think that it is the best wlan modem router. I only got "monday" machine.

2.0 out of 5 stars No better than my old G modem, 6 Aug 2010
I could not get reception in parts of my flat, and I decided that I should upgrade my old Netgear g-router and buy this one. I got influenced by its positive reviews on Amazon. Installation of the new router was relatively OK, although I had trouble with the security settings. But what made me return this product was that the reception was NO BETTER and probably even worse than with my old modem. Don't know whether this is about the thickness of walls, but this new and supposedly superior technology did not deliver the performance that I have expected from it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice around Christmas time, 14 Mar 2011
Bought one of these on the strength of all the reviews. Setup wasn't too difficult although it was harder than most - trying to get past a FAIL message when going to EWAN was impossible. But turns out the setup worked anyway and I could ignore the big FAIL on the screen. Can't really comment on how it performs because once I turned the lights out in the room this box gave the room its light. The box is covered in air vents and these send beams of light into your room. It's awful. It's also the biggest ugliest router you could imagine. Sent it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars European buyers don't buy this product, 17 Mar 2011
Despite the fact that this product ships for free to European countries, you will get it with a UK plug!

With most items on amazon you receive an continental european plug if you buy with a european shipping address.

Amazon and Billion have to sort this problem out, because there is no point in selling to all European countries and delivering it with a plug that can only be used in the UK.

Even after contacting customer support there was no answer. I hope they will solve this problem soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure..., 26 Oct 2010
Bought a 7800N based on the glowing reviews. Start-up was quite painful, the basic installation routine times-out very quickly and when [...] is re-entered, a magenta "401 unauthorized" screen-of-death appears. After several unsuccessful attempts, was forced to reset the router through the pinhole and using my best speed typing managed to input the required details in time. Once that was done, it connected fine.

But ... it's been impossible to get back in to the router through [...] and configure further. The screen simply goes magenta with the "401 unauthorized" message. Uninstalled all security (Zonealarm and Ad-Aware) and nothing. Rebooted, nothing. Called technical support, reply: "try another computer". Thanks, very useful. I use several other routers (Netgear and D-Link) and this problem never arises. I can get into the other routers even with all the browser security programs enabled by simply typing the appropriate URL (windows XP sp3, i.e. 7). But not with Billion.

Net result, all the "advanced" features remain unused, can't even change passwords unless I reset the machine etc etc. What a bore.

In terms of range and throughput, on par with the previous router (a basic D-Link). But unlike the D-Links the Billion doesn't have a wireless "auto channel scan" which is useful in congested areas, such as high rise flats.

In the junk cupboard it goes, to join other routers that promise so much and deliver so little.

Update Nov 2010
Eventually "stripped down" an old portable pc of all firewalls etc and thereby managed to enter the router configuration screen. So, finally got it working, except that the old portable is now un-useable.

Further, very uneasy to read in various forums that the QOS software is defective, which doesn't fill me with confidence on the overall quality of the unit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Its not a modem, 26 Sep 2011
Hi and this is for anyone who thinks this a modem/router because it's not. I wasted my time and money ordering this product and found out when i tried to set it up that it is just a router. Even though it says modem/router in the title on amazon?

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 29 Jan 2012
Not a patch on ethernet.
Very poor for Skype
Not worth half the price.
Cannot be recommended to Amazon clients

1.0 out of 5 stars A brick with LEDs, 3 April 2010
Bought this on strength of positive reviews, spent hours trying to get internet access and then unit locked up and was unable to access either unit or internet.

Returned and refunded - bought a Netgear DGN3500, up an running in ten minutes and it's all good!