5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - still going after 4 years switched on 24/7
Purchased one to replace my second failed BT Home Hub 2. What a change. Instead of flaky connection at 150 Mbps, I now have solid 300 Mbps Wifi across my entire house. And its never dropped yet. The setup was done in about 2 mins flat. Sure, it's ugly compared to some routers but what you want is it to work. The only drama I had was assigning a fixed IP to a device...
Published on 7 Dec. 2010 by George W

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed.
Like many others on here, i was swayed by the numerous positive reviews, so decided to get a decent wireless router after my old ISP freebie packed in the game.

Amazon were brilliant (as usual) with their 1-day delivery. Setup was pretty straightforward. Download speed (wired) came in at a consistent 11-12.5 Mbps down and 1.02 up (as much as I can expect on my...
Published on 2 Oct. 2012 by feta boab

‹ Previous | 150 51 52 53 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Billion BiPAC 7800N Dual WAN ADSL2+/Broadband Wireless-N Gigabit Firewall Modem Router (Electronics)
I bought this for Giga' and N but I've ended up wasting a huge chunk of time. After a number of support emails finally got the DNS working with BT. But the real killer is the range. One ceiling+7' and I get full signal. But if I put the router on a desk then signal plummets. I only wish I'd returned it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 2 years, 3 Dec. 2013
The wireless side failed after 2 years and had to be replaced. The new cisco one works but is alittle slower whne tested not that it shows in practice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awesome. But not for long., 9 Nov. 2011
Bought 7800N after reading impressive reviews. It worked like a charm. Got full bars on my wireless devices, which wasn't the case with several of my previous routers. All was well until yesterday when the wireless AP would not show up on any of my devices. Wired internet works though. No changes to my configuration. I am still struggling to find a fix. Checked [...] for solution. I ain't the only one. Several people had complained about the wireless AP issue. Check for yourself with keywords '7800N wireless'

Incidentally I bought this device in USA. But I have now returned to India. Not sure how I am going return. keeping fingers crossed. Probably my $150 is going inside drain.

For first few months, its a 5 start. Now its just 1.

Buy something else.

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible for £120!, 4 May 2012
W. L. Clift "Gamerwillz" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this considering the amount of great 5-star reviews and when I got it, it left me very disappointed. It wasn't stable enough to hold my speed, and my sync speed was significantly lower than my good old Netgear. Do not buy this! At £120, it's a bloody joke! Went back to my old Netgear DG834Gv3 which is better than this overpriced piece of crap.

4.0 out of 5 stars V easy to use, 18 Feb. 2012
I am very happy with this router it was v easy to install and has been very reliable indeed. go out and buy one nowwwwwww

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not perfect, 12 Nov. 2010
Bought this wifi router based mainly on the reviews on here. The instructions are not particularly clear and I had to phone the help line in the end to complete installation. The person on the other end was however very helpful and within a few minutes we had everything working. I am slightly disappointed with the performance which, whilst definitely better than my previous router in terms of speed, does not give any better coverage. All in all, it's OK but there may be better on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug. 2014
Brill

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class Product, 26 Nov. 2010
P. Smith - See all my reviews
After getting through to Support this had taken me several days! I now beleive it has improved! The product works very well indeed. Documentation could be better

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 Jan. 2015
good

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally made my mind up., 31 Dec. 2010
Having been an ardent Netgear user for over 10yrs, my latest was the RangeMax D834N. For a long time I was getting some right niggly problems i.e, loss of wireless signal, dropped connections, slow connections etc. I done some homework and came across this Billion Model 7800N. The write ups seem to be in favour, so I went for it.

To give you and idea of my home setup that I wanted the router to cope with are as follows
2x iphones (wireless)
2x laptops one being PC and the other a Mac Book Pro (Wireless)
1x Desktop PC (Wired)
1x PlayStation 3 (Wired)
1x PSP (Wireless)
1x LaCie Network Drive (Wired)
Now all these where not making demands on the router at the same time but at least 2 x wireless + 2 x wired were.

I got my new Billion 7800N, plugged it in as instructed, it was working straight from the box, with very little setup. All I had to do was go into the configuration of the router and lock it down, so any passers bye could get in on my network. I have a fairly large 3 bedroom house with the router set up stairs.
I get a good strong signal all over the house. So far I have nothing but praise for the system. Lets see how it goes over the coming months.

Well recommended item, easy understandable setup, you will have no problems...

‹ Previous | 150 51 52 53 | Next ›