5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - still going after 4 years switched on 24/7
Purchased one to replace my second failed BT Home Hub 2. What a change. Instead of flaky connection at 150 Mbps, I now have solid 300 Mbps Wifi across my entire house. And its never dropped yet. The setup was done in about 2 mins flat. Sure, it's ugly compared to some routers but what you want is it to work. The only drama I had was assigning a fixed IP to a device...
Published on 7 Dec. 2010 by George W

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed after 7 months
After reading several positive reviews, I decided to buy this modem/router for my home network to replace the Asus N56U, which had become unreliable. I was disappointed that, after shelling out £120, Amazon shipped this router without any packaging. At the outset, I was amazed with the features, speed and reliability. For about 7 months, it worked flawlessly and it would...
Published 20 months ago by Eddie Francis

‹ Previous | 148 49 5053 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Billion BiPAC 7800N Dual WAN ADSL2+/Broadband Wireless-N Gigabit Firewall Modem Router (Electronics)
Great till wifi packs up!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with BT Infinity, 4 Dec. 2013
I need a replacement router for the BT Home Hub I have for BT Infinity fibre broadband.

Having been recommended this router by a friend and read the good reviews here and elsewhere on the internet, when it came up in the Black Friday Deals Week I had to snap it up.

I am an IT professional and know my way around both hardware and software but I just could not get this to connect to my BT Infinity service.

I have 2 other cable/WAN routers (Netgear WNR2200 and TP-Link TL-MR3420) which just work! You plug them into the modem, they detect your connection type, ask for the username/password and that's it - connection to the internet.

After 2 hours of trying with this router I had to give up. Returned to Amazon.

I can't review any other features of the router as I didn't get to use it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 2 years, 3 Dec. 2013
The wireless side failed after 2 years and had to be replaced. The new cisco one works but is alittle slower whne tested not that it shows in practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and stable ADSL, 11 Oct. 2013
With this router my unreliable 1.25meg connection is now a very stable 2.5meg which is a very impressive improvement!

Pros- Easy to configure, rock solid ADSL
Cons - Ugly, Wifi range not as good as several other brands I've tired recently, QoS rubbish

3.0 out of 5 stars Running well for 3 years and suddenly half of functionality is gone, 3 Sept. 2013
I really enjoyed it but after 3 years of using it, it suddenly stopped working on me. Everything is fine, it's connecting to the internet and all the lights are flashing as normal, but the Ethernet connection is passing data at random, suddenly no internet for many hours. The wireless connection is not broadcasting any signal and cannot be found even though it's showing that it's on. Tried reseting the box, changing channels and many other things. Half of it is just dead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - flawless, never goes wrong - worth the extra cash, 22 Aug. 2013
We've had this in our office of 13 people for well over a year now and it has never gone wrong. It never needs restarting and copes fine with everything we throw at it. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointing range, drops out, 7 Sept. 2012
J. Hyde - See all my reviews
I was enticed by the volume of positive reviews both on Amazon and across the internet. Ultimately I was so disappointed with performance that I returned it. I found that in my house, the wireless signal strength and hence performance at range diminished rapidly. In some rooms (including half of the upstairs) I found that the signal was too weak to connect devices. The house is a fairly modern, moderate-sized 4-bed, certainly no thick stone walls etc.

I further found that around once a day, internet connectivity would stop completely until I rebooted the device. I upgraded to the most recent firmware, and tried various locations and antennae positions but to no avail.

Factoring in these 2 problems, performance was far worse than the Netgear router I was upgrading, that came from my ISP 3 years ago.

I've now tried a 'TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Ultimate Wireless N Gigabit Router ' and considering its around half thee price, its far better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Pricey, not worth the price!, 22 Aug. 2012
I thought I was spending more to get better quality.

I always but routers for friends and colleagues, since I work in IT.

My router broke down and since I host my own server from home I needed a powerful router to replace it.

Thought spending almost a 120pounds on a router will get me just what I needed...it didn't :(

Router range is worse than my 6 year old router...what a shame.

Frankly the 25pound TP-link routers perform far better.

Please do yourself a favour and don't fall for the hype, this router is just not good enough and certainly overpriced.

If you want to pay more and get nothing, then go for it, else be wise and get a cheap modern router, which I can assure you will be far better than this router.

I'm really disappointed in myself for wasting all this money for nothing :(

PS: I have since returned the item, not worth it at all. Why should my 6 year old router have a faster speed than this, doesn't make any sense. I'm gonna but a cheaper one instead...

1.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, 20 April 2012
Bought this on the strength of the various positive reviews. I set it up which was reasonably straightforward apart from a known problem with Firefox which meant I had to clear the cache before I could access any websites. My speed was marginally increased and the wireless coverage was excellent. After about an hour I noticed a slowdown and re-checked by broadband speed - it had dropped from a consistent 14.8Mb to just over 1Mb! I turned the router off and back on again - no difference. Plugged my old router back in - normal high speed. Contacted my ISP (Be Broadband) no problems their end of things. I really don't want to have to spend hours on the phone with Billion tech support etc. and would prefer a router that lasted more than an hour so I've returned the item to Amazon for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning improvement in broadband performance, 30 Mar. 2012
I am absolutely delighted with this purchase. We live in a country area and have always attributed our poor internet speed to the remoteness of our house to the telephone exchange.

This router has completely changed our internet browsing experience. For the first time we are able to watch online films without constant spooling interruptions.

Well worth the extra money.

‹ Previous | 148 49 5053 | Next ›