5.0 out of 5 stars Varta Universal Battery Charger
Very good value for money, would recommend to anyone in need of an all purpose battery charger, I bought it so I could charge my D batteries as they did not fit into my old charger.
Published on 3 Aug 2011 by Di

2.0 out of 5 stars Varta Universal Charger
It lasted 3 months before it went wrong, it was intermittent up to that point and failed to charge batteries fully on most ocassions.Varta Universal Charger - Charges AA,AAA,C,D,9V Batteries
Published on 4 April 2010 by Richard Nailor

5.0 out of 5 stars Varta Universal Battery Charger, 3 Aug 2011
This review is from: Varta Universal AA, AAA, C, D and 9 Volt Battery Charger (Personal Care)

2.0 out of 5 stars Varta Universal Charger, 4 April 2010
Richard Nailor "Monkey" (England) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 26 Nov 2012
good product and easy to use .. should save money on buying batteries .. well packed and came quickly too

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb purchase, 18 Jun 2013
We initially bought this for use with the Varta batteries for camping equipment but have since started to use this with other battery brands for lots of domestic equipment too and haven't been disapointed. One point to note is that, if the batteries are not 100% empty when putting them back inthe recharge the light still indicates that there is charge in them by showing green. Don't be put off by this though. An overnight to 24 hour charge is still generally required in our experience to get the best longevity from the batteries.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 5 Jun 2013
Looked like just what I needed as my previous charger was getting a bit asthmatic.
Bought it along with some new batteries. Plugged it up and waited until I needed to replace a battery somewhere. Eventually the big day came and in went the new and now supposedly fully charged battery. To cut a long story short, some months later I came to realise that in fact it was not all my batteries that were duff, it was the charger not doing the job. Problem is that batteries need changing so infrequently that time passes while you are looking for the problem, but when I realised that all my batteries, including those I had planned to dispose of, were being adequately charged by my old gadget I finally concluded this new one was not working. No chance of returning it all this time later with the packaging (which has to be cut open so actually cannot be re-packed) long gone to land fill. My advice, don't bother.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 5 months., 5 May 2013
Worked really well & I was very pleased with it for 5 months, then it abruptly stopped working altogether. Seems like a lot of money for such a short life span.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 4 Mar 2013
It seems that whatever you buy, there is always some battery needed for which you do not possess a charger. This has filled a gap in my armoury well. The charging indicator lights fooled me at first, but it does its job well.