5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for
This little dynamo is perfect for the purpose I bought it for, as a plug in source for music in my car. No more CD's to get scratched up or "car abused". I couldn't be happier. Plugged into the AUX IN on my stereo, I have the music of my choice for hours.
Published on 6 May 2010 by Kirk O. Oakes

1.0 out of 5 stars Great build, features & quality, but faults too
Borderline whether to give 2 or 3 for this.

At first I thought I'd got a total bargain; it's superbly designed, has a quality feel, great screen, good menus, lots of options, sounds excellent...

But, a major issue:

Published on 20 July 2010 by Mindpower

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Great build, features & quality, but faults too, 20 July 2010
This review is from: ARCHOS 1 Vision 4GB MP3 Player (Electronics)
Borderline whether to give 2 or 3 for this.

But, a major issue:

Shuffle mode doesn't function correctly. After the 2nd track, it will go back to the 1st one again. I've seen other players with shuffle faults, and my guess is this is a known issue not a defective product. Ridiculous to knowingly release something with this problem.

Overall - otherwise good, but a little disappointed. I wouldn't expect Archos to release something with this issue.

Odd thing is, 5 years ago my old, bulky HD players which were much less flashy, had none of these types of issues. I could happily play the thing all day on shuffle, from any folder or sub-folder (e.g. Treo, ATMT).

So slightly a case of style over substance.

***March 2011 - revised comments***

I've become so enraged with this piece of junk that I have posted the following comments to another site and wanted to shared them here to warn off buyers further:

Cannot believe people are rating this rubbish so highly, and here's why:

- Unresponsive buttons

- 'OFF' failure - you have to hold it down 3 seconds, and often it doesn't register your first click, so you're waiting a while before realising you have to release and re-click. So very annoying.

- Random play DOES NOT WORK. I checked other forums in case mine was faulty, but no, just like Sony and Apple, Archos have released a product with a known fault. UNACCEPTABLE.

If the above were not the case this would be a great player, but they are serious flaws and I have just binned mine. Junk like this tarnishes a brand's image; why not ensure quality is present on the cheaper items not just the flagship ones?

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, 6 May 2010
Kirk O. Oakes (Chiloquin, Oregon, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 July 2010
This review is from: ARCHOS 1 Vision 4GB MP3 Player (Electronics)
I'm sooooo pleased with the archos.
4GB of space for an incredible price, when compared to most MP3 players.
It's small enough to put in my pocket, yet not so tiny as an ipod nano (which I would lose immediately!)
The sound is great, though the earphones that come with are not fantastic, but that's easily remedied.

The only thing I would warn people of is that ripped CD tracks (which is most of my music) have to be put onto the player using the "Synch" application of Windows Media Player - it doesn't say this in the instructions, and the manufacturers don't answer emails, so I had to frustratingly work this out for myself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not resume after turned off, 7 Dec 2010
This review is from: ARCHOS 1 Vision 4GB MP3 Player (Electronics)
I bought this player for the gym and only really use it there. I fill the player with upbeat music and hoped to listen to it as an endless loop. The player does not remember the point where you turned off. That is a deal breaker for me and I'm really disappointed. The player itself is ok. but I much prefer my previous player which was a Sandisk Sansa, Although it broke down, it was a much better device.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 5 Dec 2010
This review is from: ARCHOS 1 Vision 4GB MP3 Player (Electronics)
Seen this and it looked good value for money,and when I bought it it seemed fit for purpose. Its plug in and play ability worked fine for me just dragged and dropped from windows media player. It's simple format made it easy to use but then I ran into problems, as said in other reviews the shuffle function is totally useless unless you want to listen to the first track over and over as it will play one random track then justs repeats the first track over and over unless you hit the forward button a few times (which is very sluggish and non responsive). The headphones though I found comfortable and well fitting were damaged and crackly from first use. When you pause the player for more than 5 minutes it switches off and it doesn't remember where it stopped so if you are 60 tracks in and want to be back where you were you have to scroll through everything again( with as said before a sluggish advance button). This could have been a very good player but major flaws lets it down

5.0 out of 5 stars Archos 1 Vision, 12 July 2010
This review is from: ARCHOS 1 Vision 4GB MP3 Player (Electronics)
Wow fantastic piece of kit, does just what i need it to do. Plugs into my car via a jack plug and away it goes hours of music instead of having to change CD's. Highly recommended to all ages. My husband got one for holiday, my daughter got one for everyday use and it stands up to teenager abuse.As good as any ipod in my opinion.Archos 1 Vision - Digital player - flash 4 GB - WMA, MP3, APE - video playback - display: 1.5"

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken in 5 months !!!, 28 Jan 2011
This review is from: ARCHOS 1 Vision 4GB MP3 Player (Electronics)
Bought this 28 Jan 2011. Been using it heavily but with safety in mind. 4th August 2011.. stopped working. The song folder MUSIC, where all the music is stored, cannot be opened. I get the message.. "Music folder is corrupted !!" Cannot delete the music folder to start again, so I now have a failed device after 5 months !!!! Definately won't be buying Archos again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin :-), 26 July 2010
This review is from: ARCHOS 1 Vision 4GB MP3 Player (Electronics)
Good value for money,easy to transfer music,satisfying battery life and sound quality.Only 2 (small) problems:the shuffle function isn't reliable,plays the same titles over and over no matter the ''random''setting and the memory isn't as big as it says: supposed to take 2000 songs,but is actually full with 900.But for the price those are not major issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to operate, microphone, drag and drop, 16 July 2010
This review is from: ARCHOS 1 Vision 4GB MP3 Player (Electronics)
I've had this player about a month. Putting files on is easy - just drag and drop. The sound quality is good with replacement earphones. It has a microphone on the side which works well. I've used it running and exercising but taken quite good care of it and it's still working perfectly. The screen is clear but not really worth it for photos or text - more like a gimmick. Controls are certainly a bit larger and easier to operate than others in the same class. Battery life is shorter than advertised but still adequate - I would guess around 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Charges fairly quickly. Given that it lasts it will have been a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Archos 1 Vision MP3 Player 4GB, 3 April 2010
D. Winn (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ARCHOS 1 Vision 4GB MP3 Player (Electronics)
Very neat product with great sound. Small but packed with features, very happy with purchase. Simple drag and drop when used with PC. Good battery life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›