5.0 out of 5 stars zombie good
Great movie. Had lots of fun watching it together as a family. Arrived on time with no problems. I had never seem this movie before, would watch again.
Published on 30 Jan 2012 by great mum

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Comedy Zombie film....
Here we go again another nail in the coffin for all those old school zombie fans.
Yet another zombie film that in reality is masquerading as a zombie movie but is in fact a comedy rom com at best.

Published 19 months ago by Colonel Decker

4.0 out of 5 stars "Zombie Film of the Week", 23 April 2013
Fun.....fun......fun.....fun.....

Just a great fun film which you can rewatch many times. Great creature effects but more importantly interesting and likeable characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars zombie good, 30 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasnt Expected!!, 14 Oct 2011
WOW What a film!!! I was expecting a spoof type film but I was so pleasently suprised with this film. I laughed all the way through, awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a Zombie fan, but I didn't want it to end!!, 8 Dec 2010
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Wow! Wow! Wow! I Absolutely love this film! On every level it's great! If you want laughs, guns, zombies and great cinematography you can't beat it!

It has the best opening to any film I've seen in a while and the script is sharp and tight, and most importantly - laugh out loud, side splitting, piss your pants funny!

The stunts and action are great, it's well directed, the score is excellent and it makes great use of sets and scenery.

Visually, the film is a treat and excites the eyes. Also the jokes and characters are hilarious and very, very likeable.

The acting's great, with an awesome cameo from Bill Murray, and Jesse Eisenberg does a very good job in the lead role - watch out Michael Cero, this guy does you - but even bette

Harrelson is on top form and honestly, I loved everything about it. I enjoyed this film so much I can't wait to watch it again.

A real feel good movie that I was surprised to find I loved. I thoroughly recommend it for a fun night in front of the goggle-box.

The Blu Ray copy I had looked amazing quality too (let's be honest, the format and transfers can be a bit hit and miss), this is one Blu Ray that looks and plays as Blu Rays should.

Overall - for me - this gets an easy 9... maybe even 10/10. Great fun and visually pleasing.

If you found this review helpful, please give it the thumbs up - and if not, comment on why so I can do a better job for you next time. Thanks :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Player 2 has entered the game..., 17 May 2010
Zombieland for me was a lot of fun and as much a breath of fresh air to the genre that Shaun of the Dead was.

Rather than the standard zombie horror fest that tries to mimic the classic Romero films, Zombieland is more of a tribute to the video game culture and the classic cliche moments in movies when a character obliviously gets into a car while we know he is going to be set upon by a waiting zombie.

These moments are highlighted throughout the film with on screen messages reminisent to a video game, none more so amusing as when Woody Harrelson is running around trying to create the best zombie kill of the week which involves selecting his weapons of choice and then deliberately goading the zombie horde into attacking him.

In terms of pace the film has some very intense moments and then periods of calm as we get to know the characters, both litered with humourous moments - to me it's more similar to films like Superbad and Rolemodels than it is to Night of the living dead, so anyone who can appreciate that level of humour along with some gruesome moments will enjoy this film.

Overall an enjoyable movie with great characters, look forward to seeing them in a sequel.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mindless, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Zombieland [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This isn't a terrible film. There were some moments that made me laugh and it was reasonably well acted and the zombies looked good. I just felt that the film wasn't very engaging. There were no moments that I found hilarious or any moments that stuck in my mind. The plot is too week to give the film any real substance.I felt the scene Bill Murry seen was unnecessary and the ending left me thinking "Is that it?

To conclude if your deciding whether to buy this film , I honestly wouldn't bother. Your not missing anything by not watching it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Zombieland, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Zombieland [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
We enjoyed this DVD very blood thirsty as you may expect from this kind of film but also quite funny.

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Comedy Zombie film...., 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: Zombieland [DVD] [2010] (DVD)

Don't get me wrong at times Zombieland runs along well enough. But how many zombie comedies can we take? We need one for sure to bomb big time at the box office and then and only then will Hollywood take notice.

Ok enough of the rant, lets pick the bones off of this one. First off it's not as good or charming as Shaun of the Dead. At the very least the British comedy horror tried to pay homage to the older movies with plenty of in jokes.
Here we have to be fair a bunch of unlikeable characters.

There is the nerd who we have to put up with his mutterings throughout the entire film. For every ten mutterings one is funny. We have the kick ass girl with a soft heart, a staple diet in Hollywood and we have her little sister think Curly Sue. Finally we do at least have Woody Harrelson, who just plays his part mostly perfectly. Lets just say you can tell a million miles off who the actual actor is.

The strongest part of the film is the dialogue between Harrleson and nerdy guy. But bam we are denied the buddie father son relationship when we are introduced early on to the two brats. One ends up becoming a sexual interest for nerdy, when in reality the bad girl wouldn't have looked at him twice- it would have been Harrelson and his muscles all the way. At best nerdy would have got Curly Sue in a few years time, thats if they had survived the zombies.

The Bill Murray moment though completely bizarre is probably the best moment of the film. It just about falls and scrates to a 3 mark on Amazon. I can't give it anymore, theres simply no meat on the bones.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Must Have Zombie Film You Can't Stop Watching!, 19 April 2011
Madgie "Madgie" (Orkney, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zombieland [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I saw this film for the first time last night on Sky Comedy, I LOVED every second of it! They made the film sort of like a video game (like Black Ops Zombies) and the comedy was completely my sense of humour! Bill Murray even stars in it and re-enacts a scene from Ghostbusters! I REALLY hope they make a sequel of this movie! If you haven't seen this movie, what are you waiting for? Buy it NOW!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 27 Mar 2011
This review is from: Zombieland [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I was looking for just a fun movie to watch, and this is definately a great one at that. Very funny, with zombies. What more can i say, watch for yourself and find out. I would Recommend this movie

ARRAY(0xac229720)

Zombieland [DVD] [2010]
Zombieland [DVD] [2010] by Ruben Fleischer (DVD - 2010)
4.69