4.0 out of 5 stars For the price very good with a few minor niggles
Published on 5 Oct. 2011 by RJP the Book Boy

3.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money Lamp
A reasonable little lamp for the bedside or desk, though it does have its limitations. Don't expect it to be able to flood a large area with light.

Published on 20 May 2012 by Jimb'o

3.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money Lamp, 20 May 2012

You'll need to have the lamp fairly close to your work when at a desk. The lower part of the lamp mechanism has little to no movement compared with the upper half. This limits the lateral movement of the lamp to almost zero, so the majority of the adjustment is up and down. For an expensive lamp I would find this disappointing, but for this money I really can't complain.

This is a cheap lamp with limited functionality, but it looks quite smart and serves a purpose.

NB Do check the lamp's size before you buy, it's quite small for an anglepoise.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price very good with a few minor niggles, 5 Oct. 2011
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: LLOYTRON Hobby Desk Lamp Adjustable 40W Reach 350mm H560mm Black Ref L946BH (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for my daughter to use on her desk while studing as the room light is poor. It seems well constructed apart from the plug which has wobbly pins, I opened it to check the wiring and that was fine with the earth securly connected. The positioning mechanism works well and the base is solid so the lamp won't fall over. We fitted it with a 40 watt daylight quality bulb and it gives plenty of light for the study desk. The finish is a nice anodised black and it looks more expensive than it is. It has an in line (on the cable) on and off switch which seems solid enough. The uint takes screw fit bulbs. A nice item but only 4 stars because I was suspicous of the quality of the fitted plug, I also chnaged the fuse for one with a British standards mark on it as the one in the plug was just plain and 13 amp which is wrong for lamp it should be a 3 amp. So some minor niggles but I would buy another as it is very good vlaue for such a verstaile lamp.

2.0 out of 5 stars MISLEADING PRODUCT DESCRIPTION AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, 2 Oct. 2014
I recently purchased this as a study lamp. It's a good lamp for the price but when I received it, the specifications of the lamp was different compared to the one advertised. On the product description, it was written clearly that an E14 bulb would fit perfectly fine. When the lamp arrived, I was shocked that the bulb E14 bulb that I have purchased was FAR off from the size that fits the bulb socket. On the lamp there is a sticker stating that it requires a E27 bulb to be used. I then contacted the seller about my problem not once, but TWICE and the only response I got from them was that they will get back to me soon and an 'ok'. To date, I have not used the lamp as I am still WAITING for the reply from them and all i can sum up about this product is that it looks like a fine lamp EXCEPT the horrible experience on my side in terms of getting a reply from them regarding my issue.

Quote from their description : "Accommodates 1 x 40W E14 bulb"

5.0 out of 5 stars Why?, 26 Dec. 2011
Liam Sizer "Bookworm" (Romsey, Hampshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
I needed a lamp for my computer desk and after browsing Amazon's pages of desk lamps and being shocked at many of the prices I settled on this lamp mainly because of the reviews. It arrived less than 48 hours after I placed the order, well packed. The "arm" of the lamp slots onto a peg on the base and the whole thing is very sturdy and will not fall over. This type of lamp is not particularly pretty but that's due to its design. However, it looks good, the black chrome finish looks classy and not too garish and it completely fits the bill in every way. Why anyone would pay some of the prices of the other lamps on Amazon's pages I can't quite fathom.

3.0 out of 5 stars Honest Review, 2 Nov. 2010
I am pretty happy with the product.
Delievery was fast and was wrapped safely.
The quality of the lamp is good but it gets alittle hot
after a while :)

But I didn't give 5 stars because the
head of the stand wouldn't stay up as i hoped so.
I guess i can use it the way it is..but
i just wanted the head to look up for a bit
so it can light up more space.... :(

did i get the faulty one or is the product like this normally??

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value desk lamp, 11 Feb. 2013
Having looked extensively for a desk lamp and finding that the market ranged to excessive prices for such items, I was pleased to find this lamp. If you intend to located it and let it remain where it is this works well, as the stem does not fix to the base. It has the quality of a short angle poise lamp and is compact enough to fit in the smallest of office spaces... in fact with a ceiling light and bouncing the beam of the desk lamp off a light coloured wall this gives a good result without needing to angle the lamp directly at the work area and suffering glare.

1.0 out of 5 stars Take care !, 28 Nov. 2012
D. J. L (east sussex) - See all my reviews
I bought this item 5 months ago and it has stopped working already, having only been used about 1/2 dozen times within that period. I contacted the seller who agreed to send a new one, if I sent the faulty one back. However they would not cover the cost of the return postage. The total cost of posting £7.50, the cost of the lamp £12.95 - I was not going to waste anymore money on that !

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a lamp, no bulb included, 16 July 2013
So often it is 'no battery included' but in this case it is 'no bulb included'. The two options linked to this lamp stand on Amazon are not what I wanted. It is worth while searching a bit further: I bought the Sylvania fast start energy saving bulb (E14 fitting)from Amazon: 12 watts in equivalent to 53 watts out (not the 60 watt on the web site), homelight colour (this looks white). Yet to see if this is too much for this lamp stand.
This lamp is good but very much smaller than the Anglepoise also in my office. For those with no comparison, it is excellent; just don't forget the bulb purchase.

Much later. The energy saving bulb mentioned above works well with this desk lamp stand. See my review for the bulb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading Lamp, 21 Mar. 2012
Good quality hobby lamp. Present for my husband as he is a great "puzzler" and needed extra lighting to do his thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sesk Lamp, 10 Jun. 2011
M. J. Dinnage - See all my reviews
Excellent small anglepoise type of desk lamp. Simple to set up just place lamp in weighted base.
If space is a premium then the small base means the lamp can be placed on the smallest of areas