Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.49

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 November 2009
Until the middle of last week, I had never heard of Ingrid Michaelson. Since buying 'Everybody' via a recommendation however, I have not stopped playing it.

Michaelson writes intelligent lyrics and successfully combines acoustic singer/songwriter credibility with playful, simple and catchy melodies with a feint pop edge. This said, I very much doubt 'Everybody' is the kind of album to produce hit singles - maybe this is why she isn't as well known in the U.K as her talent suggests she should be? 'Everybody' strikes me as a cross between Lynsey De Paul, Alanis Morrisette and the female equivalent of Donovan (whoever that may be!. My favourite track is 'Men Of Snow' a sentimental and wistful kind of sad song written in memory of a snowman. 'Sentimental drivel' I hear you thinking? Not so, not so at all, just a beautiful and touching song depicting thoughts of loneliness - that's all.

If there is likely to be a single from the album, opener 'Soldier' is most likely to be it as I can imagine it bursting out of a radio on Radio 2 with its steady strummed rhythm. Most of this album though features slower, quieter, more dreamy and thoughtful material like 'The Chain' and 'So Long'.

Look, I could go on and on about the merits of 'Everybody' and rabbit on about each track but frankly, all I really need to tell you is that this album is a delight. It is one you will find yourself returning to time and time again and will grow to love - end of story!

I only wish I had discovered Ingrid Michaelson sooner.

BUY THIS.
on 28 August 2009
I think Ingrid Michaelson is one of the most talented singer-songwriters of our generation. There are a lot of catchy tunes in here and I am sure a lot of soundtracks/ads would be looking to feature some of the tracks. She has definitely has a unique sound of her own and has the promise of a very successful and long lasting career. Highly recommend this album.
review image review image
on 19 September 2009
Ingrid Michaelson proves her worth as a talented singer-songwriter time and time again. Consistently her music is enjoyable, her style individual and her lyrics intelligent. 'Everybody' is no exception. One of the most satisfying albums I've bought, there's no filler here, and if you enjoyed 'Girls and Boys', 'Be OK' and 'Slow the Rain' there is no reason why you shouldn't love this. Highly recommended!
on 5 February 2010
This is a fun new album of songs from the `sound' of Grey's Anatomy. Ingrid's soulful lyrics about ordinary life and catchy sound have you humming from the first track. It won't be a album you regret buying.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 19 February 2015
Ingrid Michaelson is not as well known in the UK as she is in America but after discovering her music on the soundtrack of Grey's Anatomy I've fallen in love with her music.

This album has some great songs - my favourites are "Everybody", "Sort of", "Locked up" and my top top favourite: "Maybe". For me, they're the kind of songs that stick in your head and that you want to play on repeat!

If you haven't heard her music but are a fan of female, individualistic indie-pop singer-songwriter music, you may enjoy giving her music a go :)
on 14 August 2013
This album is great. It grows on me more every time I listen to it. I normally listen to artists such as Eliza Gilkyson, A Fine Frenzy, Kodaline, The Henry Girls and various others. This fits in well with my other music choices and is a lovely album.
on 8 November 2014
Simple, melodic and modern music
on 9 July 2015