5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant
Why would a 55 year old man be interested in the music of Lady Gaga.
Simple really, I like good music and The Fame Monster is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. There is not a bad track on the album and Gagas range of musical talents is displayed to the full and believe me, she IS talented.
If this had been available 30 years ago during the vinyl...
Published on 27 Feb. 2010 by Happy Andy

3.0 out of 5 stars The Fame Monster International Digipack Edition
After getting a censored copy from Amazon in the US I decided to get a copy from the UK, much to my chagrin the International Digipack Edition is censored as well. Neither website mentioned the fact the copies they were selling were censored. Download it from I Tunes if you want the uncensored versions.
Published on 3 Dec. 2009 by U. Tagle

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the extra few quid, 16 Dec. 2009
C. J. Adelaide "control freak" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Monster (International Digipack Edition) (Audio CD)
There's one thing I'd like to make clear about this release to start off my review. This is not an album re-release, this is by all means a brand new studio album that happens to be packaged with GaGa's multi-million debut release 'The Fame'.

As a big fan of 'The Fame' I wasn't so sure of GaGa's ability to top the album, to create one of similar quality in the future, and never expected one so soon after her first release. At just 8 tracks it may seem thin on value at first but it is more than meets the eye. By having just 8 tracks it bulldozes those 3 or 4 'average' skippable songs usually found on any album and gives 8 bold, fresh songs so that the listener never has to even consider pressing the skip button. Lead single 'Bad Romance' is insane, bonkers and yet wildly beautiful as is it's video. 'Dance In The Dark' and 'Monster' are similar (yet worlds apart) to 'Bad Romance' and 'Speechless' pulls down the tempo to a track similar to 'Brown Eyes' off her debut. Gaga's vocal ability is always questioned by some yet it's on tracks like this that showcase just how fine a singer she really is. 'Teeth' is amazingly insane, a thumping track that KT Tunstall wishes she could pull off with such artistry and vision. 'So Happy I Could Die' is a grower, what starts off as a substandard club track soon becomes so much more, and is currently my favourite song on this set. 'Telephone' featuring Beyonce is another club track, it's catchy and addictive and though unsure at first, Beyonce's part on the track fits perfectly. This is rumoured to be single #2 and if it is then I can not wait to see the video! If anything the strength of this new disc highlights just how weak it sounds against her debut album. Don't get me wrong, 'The Fame' is a fantastic collection of pop hits, but compared to this new 8-track album, it struggles to hold it's weight. How she will top this with her new album I'll never know, but I'm dying to see!

But the main reason I'm posting this review is to comment on this version, the 'international digipack edition'. I had been 'umm-ing' and 'ahhh-ing' other whether or not to buy this version for a few weeks now, even holding out on buying the album full stop until this version came down in price. But I gave in and bought this edition and I'm so happy that I did! I love collecting music (CD's are not dead!) and in a world where most would rather collect a folder of invisible 'files', it's always great to buy a deluxe edition of a CD. The second disc, as well as featuring 'The Fame' also has 'Retro Dance Freak', a track that was as far as I know, previously only released as a bonus track in Japan. It's not the best song on the album, but it is cute and to anyone that collects GaGa it is of course a must have. The digipack is pretty, I prefer this brunette cover to the blonde one and the photos on the panels inside are lovely as is the booklet (which is the same as the standard version) that features all the lyrics for both the albums. Gold printing features on the cover of the digipack and it really is lovely, looks great on my shelf and sounds amazing blasting out of my stereo!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Lady is Back, 27 Nov. 2009
John Craig - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
Well, what can anyone say about the phenomenon of Lady GaGa, possibly the most original (even if she steals things that female stars have done years ago, she still puts a new twist on them)new artist of the past 2 decades? I won't rehash The Fame, which comes as part of this new 'deluxe version' as everything that needs to be said about what is undoubtedly one of the catchiest and original debuts ever has already been said. The 8 new tracks here seamlessly seague with the previously released material, but I feel a few of the songs suffer from over production (Dance in the Dark is a cracking song but could have done with a strip down, in my opinion, and as someone else said, is crying out for a remix as it's an infectiously catchy tune.) Alejandro will remind those of a certain age of Ace of Base, and could very easily have been lifted from their first album demos and revamped for a new audience. It's uncanny, even how she almost sounds like Ace of Base's singer on this song. Perhaps she's been listening to those scandanavian lovelies and decided to pay her own homage. The weakest part of the new set is the last track, Teeth, but even then, it isn't that bad. A nice arrangement and good production lifts what would otherwise be a boring track. Yes, Lady GaGa is here to stay, for a while at least. I'll even forgive her (or her record company) treading that well worn path of not having enough tracks for a new album and sticking them with the old one to boost sales and calling it 'Deluxe'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning new EP + great album, 19 Feb. 2010
Mr. A. Anson "Lexifer Crowley" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
First things first: the Monster EP is fantastic. There's really not a low point on it, it's just 35 minutes of pop perfection. It reminds me of '80s Madonna to some degree - there's a Vogue-style rap, a Spanish-flavoured song and a fair few dance numbers - but there's a very strong sense of personality and a continued working relationship with RedOne certainly doesn't hurt her.

The album itself is great, though it gets a tad weaker towards the end and I could probably lose Nothing Else I Can Say without being too sad about it, though it's so catchy I can definitely see the argument for its inclusion. Unlike the EP there's not quite as much personality - a lot of the album could be written for nearly any pop artist and the songwriting's strong enough that it would've been great whether it was performed by Pink, The Pussycat Dolls or Gwen Stefani - however, Lady Gaga's voice is as strong and rich as any of theirs, and the point I was making with that was that the album was A) not uniquely her really and B) incredibly well written pop.

This is well worth the money, even if you've got the album already. I might actually go so far as to say that the Monster EP was stronger than the album, and that is, to quote my old friend Mr D. Vader, most impressive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth re-buying the album for!, 15 Nov. 2009
R. Heinecke (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
Although I'm usually not a fan of re-releases, GaGa was right when she said that this was basically a new album. The new 8-track Monster disc shows a whole new side to GaGa and is well worth the purchase even for owners of the original version of 'The Fame'

'Bade Romance', 'Telephone' and 'Alejandro' are amazing new additions to the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thee absolute...BEST!, 4 Jun. 2010
Lee Baker "baker18269" (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
I purchesed this the second it became available, i still have not removed the CD from my CD player, i cannot stop listning to it on my iphone, always watching her music videos on tv and have went to london to see her twice, every song is of the highest quality each song is so good each would hold there own in the charts if not all would be able to top the charts, its like a greatest hits and can see why its the first cd in years to reach diamond status and that achievment is even more impressive with the times we live in with copied cd's getting used more than ever downloads an people not buying so much CD's.
In my opinion i honestly think this album is the greatest ever! i own CD's such as every oasis cd, every eminem cd, beatles,ac/dc, avril lavigne, girls aloud, nirvana, robbie williams, michael jackson, katy perry, rage against the machine, metallica, cascada, pink, marina and the diamonds, kasabian, silverchair and much more.
Lady GaGa right now is the best in the world at what she does in my opinion and you will not regret buying this album thats for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great new package!, 12 Sept. 2013
Pedro Vituzzo (São Paulo, Brazil) - See all my reviews
This digipack package is much better than any other released for The Fame Monster EP. It's really durable and hard to knead - from UK to Brazil and arrived in absolutely mint condition. Don't left 5 stars because the songs are censored, and I really don't like it! Otherwise, if you are a Lady Gaga fan or still don't have The Fame Monster EP, then you should buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars quite surprising, 31 July 2010
Proc "Proc" (Cumbria, England. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
I bought this after hearing Bad Romance, with the idea of having both albums.
Not being a fan of Lady Gaga I was quite surprised at just how good the albums are.
you can hear a lot of other influences in the album but not too much of a distraction.
the tracks grow on you as you hear more of them.
I will consider buying her next album after hearing these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diane, 26 Mar. 2010
Mrs. Diane Field (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
Had only seen Lady Gaga on TV and bought this album because my favorite song Bad Romance was on it. There are 2 discs within the holder, love all of disc 1 and some of Disc 2, though I daresay these will grow on me. I am in my fifties but love the lively well sung songs she has produced, and I think her music and performances can entertain all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 30 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
I like this new 2cd(which includes the first album 'the fame') set, the new songs on 'the fame monster' are really good and 'bad 'romance' is great. there are plenty of good tracks on this cd and they have all been well written and produced to perfection, it will NOT disappoint the lady ga ga fans out there. three words: BUY THIS ALBUM!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing music, amazing value, 30 April 2010
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
In short, every top track she has recorded is right here. A two CD set. The first is the previously hugh selling 'The Fame', and the second contains the very recent releases.

The lady is the biggest thing in pop music right now and this wonderful album is going to be one hell of an act to follow. If you like her music, just buy this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›