on 27 November 2009
Well, what can anyone say about the phenomenon of Lady GaGa, possibly the most original (even if she steals things that female stars have done years ago, she still puts a new twist on them)new artist of the past 2 decades? I won't rehash The Fame, which comes as part of this new 'deluxe version' as everything that needs to be said about what is undoubtedly one of the catchiest and original debuts ever has already been said. The 8 new tracks here seamlessly seague with the previously released material, but I feel a few of the songs suffer from over production (Dance in the Dark is a cracking song but could have done with a strip down, in my opinion, and as someone else said, is crying out for a remix as it's an infectiously catchy tune.) Alejandro will remind those of a certain age of Ace of Base, and could very easily have been lifted from their first album demos and revamped for a new audience. It's uncanny, even how she almost sounds like Ace of Base's singer on this song. Perhaps she's been listening to those scandanavian lovelies and decided to pay her own homage. The weakest part of the new set is the last track, Teeth, but even then, it isn't that bad. A nice arrangement and good production lifts what would otherwise be a boring track. Yes, Lady GaGa is here to stay, for a while at least. I'll even forgive her (or her record company) treading that well worn path of not having enough tracks for a new album and sticking them with the old one to boost sales and calling it 'Deluxe'.
on 19 February 2010
First things first: the Monster EP is fantastic. There's really not a low point on it, it's just 35 minutes of pop perfection. It reminds me of '80s Madonna to some degree - there's a Vogue-style rap, a Spanish-flavoured song and a fair few dance numbers - but there's a very strong sense of personality and a continued working relationship with RedOne certainly doesn't hurt her.

The album itself is great, though it gets a tad weaker towards the end and I could probably lose Nothing Else I Can Say without being too sad about it, though it's so catchy I can definitely see the argument for its inclusion. Unlike the EP there's not quite as much personality - a lot of the album could be written for nearly any pop artist and the songwriting's strong enough that it would've been great whether it was performed by Pink, The Pussycat Dolls or Gwen Stefani - however, Lady Gaga's voice is as strong and rich as any of theirs, and the point I was making with that was that the album was A) not uniquely her really and B) incredibly well written pop.

This is well worth the money, even if you've got the album already. I might actually go so far as to say that the Monster EP was stronger than the album, and that is, to quote my old friend Mr D. Vader, most impressive.
on 15 November 2009
Although I'm usually not a fan of re-releases, GaGa was right when she said that this was basically a new album. The new 8-track Monster disc shows a whole new side to GaGa and is well worth the purchase even for owners of the original version of 'The Fame'

'Bade Romance', 'Telephone' and 'Alejandro' are amazing new additions to the album.
on 4 June 2010
I purchesed this the second it became available, i still have not removed the CD from my CD player, i cannot stop listning to it on my iphone, always watching her music videos on tv and have went to london to see her twice, every song is of the highest quality each song is so good each would hold there own in the charts if not all would be able to top the charts, its like a greatest hits and can see why its the first cd in years to reach diamond status and that achievment is even more impressive with the times we live in with copied cd's getting used more than ever downloads an people not buying so much CD's.
In my opinion i honestly think this album is the greatest ever! i own CD's such as every oasis cd, every eminem cd, beatles,ac/dc, avril lavigne, girls aloud, nirvana, robbie williams, michael jackson, katy perry, rage against the machine, metallica, cascada, pink, marina and the diamonds, kasabian, silverchair and much more.
Lady GaGa right now is the best in the world at what she does in my opinion and you will not regret buying this album thats for sure.
on 31 July 2010
I bought this after hearing Bad Romance, with the idea of having both albums.
Not being a fan of Lady Gaga I was quite surprised at just how good the albums are.
you can hear a lot of other influences in the album but not too much of a distraction.
the tracks grow on you as you hear more of them.
I will consider buying her next album after hearing these.
on 26 March 2010
Had only seen Lady Gaga on TV and bought this album because my favorite song Bad Romance was on it. There are 2 discs within the holder, love all of disc 1 and some of Disc 2, though I daresay these will grow on me. I am in my fifties but love the lively well sung songs she has produced, and I think her music and performances can entertain all ages.
on 7 November 2015
This is by far lady gaga best album, the only reason I gave it low stars is because this album was re released at a later date with more songs on and I think it's wrong to make your fans pay again for same album just to make it look like its sold more copy's glad she didn't do same with her next two albums but there were not as good as this album.
on 30 December 2009
I like this new 2cd(which includes the first album 'the fame') set, the new songs on 'the fame monster' are really good and 'bad 'romance' is great. there are plenty of good tracks on this cd and they have all been well written and produced to perfection, it will NOT disappoint the lady ga ga fans out there. three words: BUY THIS ALBUM!!!
on 30 April 2010
In short, every top track she has recorded is right here. A two CD set. The first is the previously hugh selling 'The Fame', and the second contains the very recent releases.

The lady is the biggest thing in pop music right now and this wonderful album is going to be one hell of an act to follow. If you like her music, just buy this.
on 29 November 2009
I have decided to buy the Fame Monster after I heard the song Bad Romance on the radio and have read great reviews on it here on Amazon. I haven't bought a CD in years. She has a bit of Madonna inspired music in it. Dance in the Dark reminds me of Madonna's song called Vogue.
I highly recommend to buy this if you are considering buying Lady Gaga's album since the Fame Monster includes the first album Fame on the second disk. So you are getting 24 songs for the price of one album, which I think is a great deal. The first disk contains 8 new, brilliant songs. I can't say I don't like one.
Many songs from the second disk have been radio hits, such as Poker Face, Paparazzi, Love Game etc.
The Monster have a slow song in it sounding a bit like Beatles called Speechless, which Gaga was inspired to write by her dad who has a valve disorder on his heart that drags on for over 15 years. Most songs are very Gaga, dancy and fun. So if you love Gaga don't hesitate and buy this album.