5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant
Why would a 55 year old man be interested in the music of Lady Gaga.
Simple really, I like good music and The Fame Monster is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. There is not a bad track on the album and Gagas range of musical talents is displayed to the full and believe me, she IS talented.
If this had been available 30 years ago during the vinyl...
Published on 27 Feb. 2010 by Happy Andy

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish
What a disappointment, I was so excited for this to arrive, it was a day late and the beginning of each side jumps, alot of it she sounded like she was singing underwater. I also thought it would have all the songs like the fame monster cd album...it does not. Waiting for a refund.
Published 19 months ago by Claire

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 27 Feb. 2010
Why would a 55 year old man be interested in the music of Lady Gaga.
If this had been available 30 years ago during the vinyl era, mine would have been worn out by now.
An absolutely brilliant CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop as it should be., 6 Feb. 2010
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
It's easy to see why Lady Gaga has become the pop phenomenon she has in 2009. This album is packed with great pop songs - songs you find yourself singing along with when they're on the radio or playing on your iPod. If you're after something really deep and meaningful and off the wall then this probably isn't for you. If you like songs with a tune, then it definitely is. 24 catchy songs with no duds and no filler. It is a great album.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Madonna of Europe, 11 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
I always considered Madonna overrated. After watching Lady Gaga's videos, I realize why. BTW, who is Madonna anyway? Some kind of American girl singer, right?

Lady Gaga must be the ultimate pop star. Or fame moster. The fact that nobody knows whether the lady is male, female or something else entirely, adds spice to the dish. (When I saw "Poker Face", I assumed we were dealing with a trannie!) And what are we to make of the dancers in "Bad Romance", who look like the evil creatures from the Alien movies?

I'm particularly intrigued by the "European" features of Gaga's music. The anthem-like refrains sound European, as do some of the intros. Italodisco? One song, "I like it rough", reminds me of Depeche Mode. Indeed, Gaga's jealous critics have accused her of cut-and-pasting the music and visual concepts of many others. Of course she has. That's how we do it in Europe! ;-)

Lady, what are you doing in Hollywood? Put your act together and come over here instead! How about living the easy life in Monaco for a change? Or how about representing some obscure European nation in the Eurovision Song Contest?

Twelve points for Lady Gaga!

5.0 out of 5 stars LGG's got a new 50-something fan!!, 26 Jan. 2010
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
Having seen - but not heard - Lady Gaga, I had assumed she was all style & no substance. Then I came across Speechless, which left me exactly that... I googled it and was amazed it was by LGG, & even more moved when I read the story behind the lyrics. Some say Speechless is not typically LGG. I would say that her style is so eclectic as to make that statement irrelevant. To me, the common denominators across all the tracks are stunning lyrics and an amazing voice - and by those criteria, Speechless is absolutely typical. Love this album - a quirky, stylish, intelligent mix of upbeat toe-tappers and cries from the heart. Making it my mission to spread the word among fellow oldies!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GAGA rocks!, 26 Jan. 2010
C. Phillips - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
This CD is a classic. Lady GAGA is just so incredibly different from anything you have ever seen in the music industry. She has raw talent. I love her variety of different songs, I especially like 'speechless' it's different from her other songs and shows a different and emotional side of her voice which is beautiful :). Lets just say lady GAGA will never be forgotten! She is one amazing women who is already extremely successful and deserves everything she has worked for.
Natasha P

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Fun, 8 Dec. 2009
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
I always thought I must get Lady Gaga's first album but never got around to it, but I just had to get this edition which has her debut album 'The Fame' as well as the new album 'The Fame Monster'. According to Lady Gaga, or real name Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, the albums complement each other rather like yin and yang. This new second album is about what happens when you become famous.

Reminiscent of 80s electro-pop and 90s euro pop this special double album pack should appeal to quite a large audience. Gaga has been compared with Madonna and Gwen Stefani and let’s face it she is the best thing to hit the pop/dance scene for a long time. Her singer/songwriter skills that help to create some absolutely brilliant songs at only 23 should ensure that she will be around for years to come.

All in all this is a good CD to buy for your collection that you will probably play loads of times, and also download onto your MP3 player.

4.0 out of 5 stars CD is amazing!, 27 Jun. 2010
K. Byrne - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
CD1- I detested these songs when they came out, they were overplayed and really go on my nerves. I know not many people will agree with me on this, but Poker Face and Just Dance really annoy me, I have to change the radio station when they come on!

CD2- Well, this really changed my opinion of Lady Gaga, it is much more grown up and catchy, something that can be listened to over and over again. Bad Romance is a smash, one of my favourite songs of the year, it is catchy and dancey, the sort of thng that I love. Telephone with Beyonce is another catchy tune that really compliments the style of music all over CD 2. There are some other great hits and I never want to skip any of the tracks.

Overall, buy for CD2!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, 3 July 2010
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
Deserves no less han 5 stars.What a truly amazing artist Lady Gaga is and the The Fame Monster is the best album I've bought ever.
There isn't a song you wont like on the original release of "The Fame" and now this re-issue boasts even more perfect tunes. Best tracks on the first disc are 1. Dance In The Dark; 2. Monster; 3. Bad Romance; 4. Telephone(ft.Beyonce) and 5. Alejandro..... the other 3 tracks are pretty good as well..
I seen her live at the 02 and she was phenominal. She puts everything you could possibly put into a live show any artist could. She's so passionate about making good music and praise her for giving us the best Pop/R&B songs of the last two years. All hail Lady GaGa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising, 5 Aug. 2010
Oh La Gaga. How we love her.

I have to say that this album was a complete revelation. I bought it on the strength of Bad Romance and Papparazzi, but was unprepared for the astonishing talent that comes across both in the singing and songwriting of many of these tracks.

She crosses over many genres, from the sheer pop of Eh Eh to the country style of Speechless. The latter track I heard on a TV show, utterly fell in love with it, but had no idea who had written it thinking it was an onscure country and western singer! I was of course delighted to find it here.

If you don't own it, buy it. If you don't think you like La Gaga, buy it anyway. It's truly something special.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Post-apocalyptic House Party Experience!", 2 Jan. 2011
The Fame Monster named best-selling album of 2010 has made its mark of fame in comet leaps. While Lady Gaga never went into the business with intent in being rich and famous it has starstruck in stratospheres of gigantic proportions. This album not only includes her debut but added tracks she wanted to give as a present to her fans. It is not about making a buck for her but about bringing quality music with a new sound giving rise to earlier influences in the retro- 70s, rock-glam 80s, and 90's dance melodies - All styles infused to bring an explosive combination of genres all together working to bring pop music into another dimension. "Pop music will never be low brow" [lady gaga].

From hit stoppers like Just Dance, Poker Face, and LoveGame to Bad Romance, and Paparazzi. For Lady Gaga these 2 albums were many things but mainly Pop Art, it's about liberating yourself from your problems, it's about living in a party, and feeling famous or rich without really being rich or being well known but just having others want to get to know you. The Fame brings exactly that message of being famous and wealthy from within [feeling it] and the fame monster is the other part. The Fame Monster are according to Lady Gaga "further meditations on fame, although in this case, the downside of it... the term monster was testament to that;" [lady gaga].

The fashion art of music never has been so theatrically brought to the spotlight. From Euro In-die Rock "Speechless" dedicated for her father to dance tracks like "Disco Heaven" [Japan/Taiwan Bonus Track], "Retro Dance Freak" [Japan/Taiwan Bonus Track] "Dance In The Dark", "So Happy I Could Die" to rock infused glam styles "Boys, Boys, Boys" a response to Motley Crew's "Girls Girls Girls", "I Like It Rough" and "Brown Eyes" definitely Euro hot! Each song has elements of mystery, story lines on some, party dance club styles, and life references to Lady Gaga. "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich" is but one song that brings about Lady Gaga's earlier times before she grew in Iconic stature. Both albums are put together because they are parts to her artistic message.

This is the music of now and the future. Not because it has excellent hits and a phenomenal chart position but because it is true Pop Art - better put Fashion Pop Art Music -sure to stand the test of time! The music is part of a puzzle where Lady Gaga has carefully placed her art message behind the song, her videos are her visual aspect, and the mesh of both create the Andy Warhol painting or the Mona Lisa -as the artwork for this album also shows resemblance to some hidden message and mystique aspect. Experience music with depth, art, quality but most of all to free yourself, to liberate, and at the same time party. As Lady Gaga has said the Fame Monster and her music is like an... "artistic experience that is going to take the form of the greatest post-apocalyptic house party that you've ever been to." [lady gaga].

*The Australian Import has EXPLICIT lyrics - UPC: 0602527328294- There are 2 Australian Versions with diverse artwork both EXPLICIT.
*The Japan Import has the bonus tracks: Disco Heaven, Again Again, and Retro Dance Freak - UICS-9113/4 with obi-strip and lyrics. The Taiwanese Import has the bonus tracks: Disco Heaven and Retro Dance Freak along with collector's box and lyrics.