5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant
Why would a 55 year old man be interested in the music of Lady Gaga.
Simple really, I like good music and The Fame Monster is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. There is not a bad track on the album and Gagas range of musical talents is displayed to the full and believe me, she IS talented.
If this had been available 30 years ago during the vinyl...
Published on 27 Feb 2010 by Happy Andy

3.0 out of 5 stars The Fame Monster International Digipack Edition
After getting a censored copy from Amazon in the US I decided to get a copy from the UK, much to my chagrin the International Digipack Edition is censored as well. Neither website mentioned the fact the copies they were selling were censored. Download it from I Tunes if you want the uncensored versions.
Published on 3 Dec 2009 by U. Tagle

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 27 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Fame Monster (MP3 Download)
Why would a 55 year old man be interested in the music of Lady Gaga.
If this had been available 30 years ago during the vinyl era, mine would have been worn out by now.
An absolutely brilliant CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop as it should be., 6 Feb 2010
Amazon Customer (London, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
It's easy to see why Lady Gaga has become the pop phenomenon she has in 2009. This album is packed with great pop songs - songs you find yourself singing along with when they're on the radio or playing on your iPod. If you're after something really deep and meaningful and off the wall then this probably isn't for you. If you like songs with a tune, then it definitely is. 24 catchy songs with no duds and no filler. It is a great album.

5.0 out of 5 stars LGG's got a new 50-something fan!!, 26 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
Having seen - but not heard - Lady Gaga, I had assumed she was all style & no substance. Then I came across Speechless, which left me exactly that... I googled it and was amazed it was by LGG, & even more moved when I read the story behind the lyrics. Some say Speechless is not typically LGG. I would say that her style is so eclectic as to make that statement irrelevant. To me, the common denominators across all the tracks are stunning lyrics and an amazing voice - and by those criteria, Speechless is absolutely typical. Love this album - a quirky, stylish, intelligent mix of upbeat toe-tappers and cries from the heart. Making it my mission to spread the word among fellow oldies!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great new package!, 12 Sep 2013
Pedro Vituzzo (São Paulo, Brazil) - See all my reviews
This digipack package is much better than any other released for The Fame Monster EP. It's really durable and hard to knead - from UK to Brazil and arrived in absolutely mint condition. Don't left 5 stars because the songs are censored, and I really don't like it! Otherwise, if you are a Lady Gaga fan or still don't have The Fame Monster EP, then you should buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth re-buying the album for!, 15 Nov 2009
R. Heinecke (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
Although I'm usually not a fan of re-releases, GaGa was right when she said that this was basically a new album. The new 8-track Monster disc shows a whole new side to GaGa and is well worth the purchase even for owners of the original version of 'The Fame'

'Bade Romance', 'Telephone' and 'Alejandro' are amazing new additions to the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ga Ga about the Lady!, 19 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
This is an outstanding debut album by a very talented young artist. It has so many hit singles it has the feel of a greatest hits album. Behind the costumes etc Lady Ga Ga is a seriously good musician, singer and songwriter.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Madonna of Europe, 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Fame Monster (Audio CD)
I always considered Madonna overrated. After watching Lady Gaga's videos, I realize why. BTW, who is Madonna anyway? Some kind of American girl singer, right?

Lady Gaga must be the ultimate pop star. Or fame moster. The fact that nobody knows whether the lady is male, female or something else entirely, adds spice to the dish. (When I saw "Poker Face", I assumed we were dealing with a trannie!) And what are we to make of the dancers in "Bad Romance", who look like the evil creatures from the Alien movies?

I'm particularly intrigued by the "European" features of Gaga's music. The anthem-like refrains sound European, as do some of the intros. Italodisco? One song, "I like it rough", reminds me of Depeche Mode. Indeed, Gaga's jealous critics have accused her of cut-and-pasting the music and visual concepts of many others. Of course she has. That's how we do it in Europe! ;-)

Lady, what are you doing in Hollywood? Put your act together and come over here instead! How about living the easy life in Monaco for a change? Or how about representing some obscure European nation in the Eurovision Song Contest?

Twelve points for Lady Gaga!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gagaish, 28 Oct 2010
S. L. Moore - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Monster (MP3 Download)
Good album but a lot of tracks are familiar Gaga style and getting a bit old now. Language means only for over 18's ( in theory ) A monster with fame describes it perfectly , nice blend of up tempo and some slower numbers

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, but don't buy it from Amazon, 8 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Fame Monster (MP3 Download)
After purchasing 'The Fame' and listening to it until my ipod ran itself out of battery. I was more than looking forward to this album ,and it delivered after hearing it on MTV, but because of lack of censorship knowledge I purchased the edited or 'censored' version and the word 'bitch' is replaced with 'bit' however what the album lack's because of censorship laws it more than makes up for in music quality. My favourite songs from this album are Bad Romance, Telephone, Dance in the dark and Alejandro. Well done Lady Gaga keep up the good work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising, 5 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Fame Monster (MP3 Download)
Oh La Gaga. How we love her.

I have to say that this album was a complete revelation. I bought it on the strength of Bad Romance and Papparazzi, but was unprepared for the astonishing talent that comes across both in the singing and songwriting of many of these tracks.

She crosses over many genres, from the sheer pop of Eh Eh to the country style of Speechless. The latter track I heard on a TV show, utterly fell in love with it, but had no idea who had written it thinking it was an onscure country and western singer! I was of course delighted to find it here.

If you don't own it, buy it. If you don't think you like La Gaga, buy it anyway. It's truly something special.

The Fame Monster
The Fame Monster by Lady Gaga (Audio CD - 2009)