Price:£339.99+ £25.99 shipping

on 27 February 2010
I had a blu-ray dvd player and linked to my HD TV it worked just fine - but ofcourse it just played blu-ray dvd disks - and that's all it did!
I had been aware for some time that Sony Playstation had the same facility (and in some strange way had sealed the fate of the HD war over which format of the two would reign supreme) but I only ever regarded PS3's as GAMES PLAYING MACHINES that also happened to play blu-ray disks too.
HOW WRONG I WAS! When a relation of mine showed me his new Slim 120gb PS3 I was totally stunned by what he showed me!
Not only did it play games in HD with it's neat dual shock hand controller(and there is a huge list of some really stunning games of all kinds out there to rent or buy) and showed blu-ray dvd's in HD,it linked effortlessly to the internet via wi-fi enabling net browsing in a larger dimension on his LCD TV than on his PC monitor - and in his lounge!
BBC iPlayer,which downloads as part of the PS3 operating system,was a firm favourite with all the family and he was also able to play rented blu-ray dvd's available on line from Sony. He had no shortage of storage space with the huge 120gb of storage space either. Sony also now make a 250gb version even - wow!
By linking his PS3 with his PC remotely,he was able to show me his latest holiday photos and the baby's latest pranks via clips from off his video camera that he had stored on his hard drive and play me his latest hit song download - the facilities of the PS3 just went on and on and on!
So what did I do?
I SOLD my blu-ray player immediately and with the money bought a Sony Playstation Slim 120gb PS3!
Magic - the best thing I have bought in a long time! Just BRILLIANT! Highly recommended.