4.0 out of 5 stars Alesis DM6 Electronic Kit
This is the first review I have ever written so forgive me for a lack of "Buzz words" and I will restrict things to honest opinion. I have been a gigging semi-pro drummer for over 40 yrs and am hugely fussy about my acoustic set ups. I have augmented electronic drums for quite some time but never gone the whole way and substituted electronics for acoustic on stage...
Published 18 months ago by Bob

3.0 out of 5 stars Having said that when working it is a good bit of kit
So far I'm on the 3rd module and second wiring loom since Xmas! No idea if this will stand the test of time. Having said that when working it is a good bit of kit.
Published 1 month ago by R A.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alesis DM6 Electronic Kit, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit

My principal reason for buying an electronic kit was practice and teaching. I have now owned a DM6 for 18 months and can say that in terms of value for money, reliability, sound quality, feel and overall performance it is an exceptional piece of kit.

Electronic experts will find flaws I`m sure but from my perspective I am more than happy. Have used it on live gigs (supplemented with an acoustic snare drum for brush work) and it has performed well and with the right amplification sounds great.

For the money don`t even hesitate. I have played far more expensive electronic kits since and prefer the tonal quality of the DM6 unless you want to pay big money.

Bob

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, 3 Feb. 2012
Amanda (Maidstone, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit
I bought this as a gift and followed the advice of a drum tutor and a musician! It's a great kit. Very easy to assemble. Makes a good noise, both through headphones and amp. Bought for a leftie and one advantage over some other kits is that it can be set up in any formation that you like. Would definitely recommend. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice for a beginner, 5 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit
Bought this for my son, who has been playing for about 4 months. The kit was relatively easy to set up and it sounds great - but don't expect studio quality. We usually stick to headphones. You get noise from the bass pedal through the bedroom floor but it's acceptable and much better than the racket from acoustic drums. It's just ideal for a beginner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but an interesting flaw., 2 May 2010
Cheryl Maddison (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit
Having recently purchased the Alesis DM6 package, I am overall very impressed with the kit and the other parts of the package too. My only slight complaint is that the headphones provided didn't actually work with the kit - as they had a different jack, I had to provide my own; a minor complaint, and the only one to speak of, so overall I'm very pleased with the deal. Cheap, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit
As an ex pro drummer my expectations were best described as low - thought it only be good as a practice kit. How wrong can you be? It is an excellent well manufactured kit with a wide range of sound options. Only one minor criticism - it cant do the brush sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit
Easy set up great tool for practising and learning plus being able to plug in I-phone able to rehearse my bands numbers from dropbox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inmense value for your money, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit
Best kit for your money. The tones are quite effective, and the pads are very decent (specially the snare).

Inconveniences found:
- You need good control in your right leg, otherwise sometimes you might hit the bass drum twice (very common in electronic sets)
- No big jack output and no MIDI.
- If you plan on using the provided headphones you need an adapter from big jack to small.
- You can't mute the cymbals

None of the above is actually an issue to me personally, given my setup and everything. Aside from those points, it has proved an incredibly good purchase and I highly recommend it if you can't go top shelf right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit
This is a great drum kit, it worked well, easy to set up etc. I currently use the pads with a different drum module which works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drum kit, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit
I bought these drums for my son who is a keen drummer and has a full acoustic kit he plays in a band. They have done many gigs at the local pubs and clubs.
Practice is the problem for him as we live in terraced houses and don't want to disturb the neighbors too much, even though we have never had a complaint. So now with these drums he can practice using headphones and the added function of playing tracks through his MP3 player or phone is a good bonus.
Its early days to rate the drums but first impressions are good, The kit goes together very easily, all the keys and parts for assembly are there.
First play was through our existing 100 W amp and cab with two 12" speakers. We were quite blown away by the sound quality. clicking through the 10 presets brought many a smile to our faces.
So far the only con is the kick pedal tends to walk away from the player, even with the two spikes extended down into the carpet. This is only a slight minus and we will come up with some method of keeping the pedal in place.
These drums are so good he intends using them on any future gigs. They will be much easier to transport than the full acoustic set. Even having to take the amp and speaker cab.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, arrived on time, 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit
fantastic, arrived on time, brilliant starter drum kit. only odd thing was headphone jack plug didn't fit in control box, but a £1.89 one from Maplins sorted that. really good kit - easy to put together

Alesis DM6 KIT Performance Electronic Drum Kit