on 29 July 2010
At first I had my doubts about this model. It's been on the market for several years now, and I was interested in buying one of the newer ipod docks from rival manufacturers. But in the end I opted for the the Ropberts due to its brilliant specifications and the inclusion of a CD player and I must say I have not been disappointed.

The ipod dock works brilliantly and I have no problems connecting my third generation ipod or iphone 3GS. The iphone can even be controlled from the remote control which gives me full access to all my tracks on the iphone (unfortunately this doesn't work with the old ipod). It also charges my 3GS when docked.

The sound quality is impressive. It copes with all kinds of music and it goes loud if you need it to which is great for parties both indoors and out. The DAB radio is very good. You might want to play around with moving the radio to get the best reception. We get a stronger reception on it than our PURE radio which is also very good.

We opted for the red model over the standard black which gives it a really contemporary look and is really quite a head turner. Overall, I really can't recommend this model enough. You won't be disappointed!
on 4 June 2010
Beautiful sound, user friendly, good size, no problems with the control panel or the remote. It arrived in 48 hours in perfect condition.
I warmly recommend it for an average size modern apartment.Do go for the red one ... so cool!
Well done Roberts and thank you Amazon.
on 31 October 2010
This Roberts product combines classic design with excellent performance. The touch sensitive controls are simple to use and the smooth surface makes it easy to clean. On performance the range of functions is impressive and all produce good quality sound. The red colour makes it a bit different from the alternatives and just adds that little bit extra. All in all a really good unit and very good value. I was very satisfied with my purchase and would happily recommend to anyone looking for a compact unit providing VHF/DAB radio, MP3/IPod connections, plays CDs and data CDs and who appreciates good quality sound at a reasonable price.
on 7 January 2011
This is an elegant item. The red is a really vivid and shiny finish. Sound quality is good. The Remote Control has been improved over the one supplied with the earlier Sound 23 which another family member owns.

One point: the Sound 43 comes with 7 different docking adapters but none is suitable for my iPod Nano 5th Generation. My iPod Nano was supplied with its own docking adapter but this is in white plastic whereas the docking point on the Sound 43 is in black so it does spoil the look just slightly.
on 5 September 2011
A quality sound, perhaps not hifi but only marginally poorer than Bose equivalent but for at least 50% less cost. DAB set up was automatic with excellent reception through it's telescopic aerial in an area with poor reception generally. Intuitively easy to use especially with the remote. Does work with IPhones despite the iphone message to say it it is not properly compatible. Looks great, sounds good and is an excellent buy.
on 24 February 2013
I bought this to match furniture in my bedroom and looked everywere for something this colour and retro look. The quality of sound is very good. CD got stuck once and had to be sent back to seller and was repaired. Excellent service. However, CD player still plays up from time time by not reading the disk inside.
on 8 January 2011
I am very thrilled with my Roberts Sound 43 digital radio alarm
which is constantly in use. It is very easy to set up and control
with the remote control. The sound is superb and reception is good
from the attached aerial. I am very satisfied with the service from the
seller and would buy again from them.
on 26 September 2010
Looks ten out of ten, features eight out of ten, sound quality seven out of ten, build quality one out of ten. First one would not eject CD, second one would not switch on at all! Bought a Pure Avanti Flow instead better in every way the sound is top notch, better features, love it.