5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, a 5
I have looked at some of the reviews, and as much as anything I wanted to write a couple of lines simply to counter things.

There are far too many people who want to come across as insightful, so very seriously aware viewers, who know the hidden agenda going on, and can't be fooled into watching brainless entertainment without giving back a whole load of...
Published on 1 Mar. 2010 by Vaughan

2.0 out of 5 stars Should I be laughing all the way through a disaster movie?
To give you a frame of reference - I'll give you a brief picture about my viewing habits.

I'm not a movie snob and I like a good disaster movie. Usually, they're implausible but I will suspend my disbelief to the nth degree in order to allow the movie to deliver. It's very rare that I'll give that up and become critical. Independence Day / Cloverfield etc etc -...
Published on 29 Aug. 2011 by Dan

‹ Previous | 138 39 4049 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful disaster movie, 20 July 2010
This review is from: 2012 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
As with many blockbuster disaster type movies the credibility is stretched well beyond the possible, but it is still a breathtakingly visual feast that frequently had me on the edge of my seat and nearly peeing myself with excitement. The disc played without problems also, so good quality and well packed as usual by Amazon and delivery 2 days earlier than given, so all good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply awesome, 25 Nov. 2009
This movie earned a lot of negative criticism, but so did Titanic. The bigger the success of a movie, the more attention it gets, both positive and negative. 2012 is amazing in every way ... even inspiring. The plot works for tihs kind of disaster movie, where you see the big picture (end of the world), and it's effect on several characters. John Cusack is absolutely brilliant and fits his role very well. The special effects will take your breath away. I loved it, and I think anyone who wants to be entertained, amazed, and thrilled would love it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2012 [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free], 1 May 2013
Mohammed87 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
it arrived in good condition, pacakaged ok, my bluray player is not working at the moment...so i will have to wait to comment on working conditions and quality untilthe player is fixed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Noah's Sub Ark x 3, 16 Oct. 2011
Thelma L. Workman (thelma workman) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2012 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I bought this dvd because of the advertising, personally I enjoyed it and it was a good price. As previous reviewers its fine for my collection but not what I would term a must have.

1.0 out of 5 stars Brain Dead, 24 Feb. 2010
Vikram Seth (New Delhi, Delhi India) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2012 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
A vehicle for special effect, this movie insults the intelligence. Garbage science, a moronic story and tepid acting round up this mess.

"The nutrino's have mutated", the Indian scientist says and the science goes downhill from there. The earth's crust spins faster than the speed of light, the core heats impossibly fast.

And the cute girl just keeps on screaming.

Stay away from this piece of junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars comment on 2012, 29 Oct. 2010
This review is from: 2012 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
OK I could point to the contrived and coincidental script. But this disaster movie has brilliant effects and somehow becomes comedic. I enjoyed this film as one of the best of 2009.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bored, 16 May 2010
A. Rayner (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2012 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This film is really dull, no amount of special effects can make up for the fact that this film is just not entertaining, on any level. Another high budget film that leaves you wishing that the main characters had been killed off in the early scenes so that we could have focused on some more interesting people that may have even been better at acting.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2012, 23 May 2010
This review is from: 2012 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Excellent film to watch as new concept on disaster idea. Most interesting to see the conflicting attitudes towards dealing with mass destruction. Well worth a watch.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Bore, 17 Dec. 2009
E. Mitchell "Question Mark" (London) - See all my reviews
A very repetitive film with much copied from the Day After Tomorrow (same director so no surprise) The script was appalling and complete tosh. I could not stand watching the last 15 minutes, not because of the suspense but i found something more interesting to do. (Went to sleep)

1.0 out of 5 stars 2.5 hours of badly made film, 24 Nov. 2010
my review on 2012 is short and sweat :

If you have 2.5 hours with abousolutley nothing to do - still don't watch this movie it is that bad.

Don't be fooled by the five star reviews that some people have given it, they are clearly confused and must have been watching somthing else.

‹ Previous | 138 39 4049 | Next ›

2012 [DVD] [2010]
2012 [DVD] [2010] by Roland Emmerich (DVD - 2010)