Format: DVD|Change

on 4 May 2011
If you enjoyed The Street, Moving On and other seriously great recent British TV series that can only seemingly be produced in the UK (maybe Australia too but then I'm biased!), then this DVD must be seen. I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish and I'm sure you will too as you're emotionally absorbed into the cast of the show as the story unfolds itself. Brilliant British TV at it's best. 5 stars.
on 21 January 2011
I watched the whole of this series when it was shown on itv and recently bought it on dvd to watch all over again. I can't fault it at all. It has drama, humour, love, and sadness all portrayed perfectly and is so real to life. I love rom-com films and things like that and I loved this series, but similarly it isn't all about the romance. Great price on amazon too.
on 20 March 2010
If you remember Thirtysomething then this is a shorter, sharper, less slushygushy modern British equivalent. In short a drama about the day-to-day lives of a small group of friends, dealing with the pain and pleasure of childhood, adolescence, parenthood and the highs and lows of day-to-day relationship. Very well written, directed, lit, shot, acted, in places brilliantly, poignant, funny, sad, moving. What more do you want from a TV drama?
on 23 August 2011
I bought this DVD after watching the series on TV and raving about it to a friend. She was dubious about how funny, sad and thought provoking I had told her it was, but even after watching a couple of episodes she was hooked, and indeed raving about it on Facebook!
The characters and situations are all involving and realistic, and you soon find yourself compelled to find out how each situation is resolved. There are several hilarious moments in each episode, and although the final couple of episodes are quite sad, and very touching, there are still plenty of moments that will make you laugh out loud.
Without giving anything away, make sure you have some tissues handy for the last few episodes, you will need them!!
If you liked Cold Feet, or This Life, you will love this series!
on 11 May 2013
A great piece of British drama; witty moving and funny about relationships between men and women. My favourite line is in the very first episode when the paramedic, played by Shaun Dooley, visits an old lady who has fallen following a heart attack. She asks him why he is not married and says that a girl's wedding day is the best day of her life; it is when a man puts his heart in your hand and says, "here, love, just look after this for me, will you?"
on 30 March 2010
I have never completely and totally waited for each episode with baited breath as I did with this! It makes you laugh and cry in every episode and it was just simply a fantastic bit of TV!! Well done and I can't wait for my birthday in two weeks!! I'm getting this!
on 21 September 2010
I don't particularly remember this being shown on TV but I don't know why. It's perhaps the best series I've ever seen, some might argue it ended too soon. It's funny, emotional, superbly acted and the storylines are fantastic and flawless. I watched the entire series in a day and laughed and cried. Lucy Davis is wonderful and completely unrecognisable from her character in The Office. Her husband in the programme, Shaun Dooley is terrific, an amazing actor to the point you don't even realise he's acting. I would recommend this series to anyone. My only complaint is that more people don't know about it which seems a real shame, given that it's the best series I've come across.
on 26 November 2012
I missed this when it was shown on the tv. So glad I bought the DVD, it's a real bitter sweet comedy, where I laughed, cried and took stock of life. Highly recommend it.
on 25 March 2010
this series is a classic modern day drama. it will make u laugh and cry.
warning u will need a box of tissues it is a tear jerker.
on 2 June 2013
love this series, funny and sad and worth watching!
just wish it there was a second series.
would highly recommend