on 26 March 2014
My knitting has never been the best, I end up with either dropped or extra stitches from who knows where. Having got back into french knitting recently I then discovered these looms and decided to give them a go. They work best with a thick wool - the chunkier the better and making hats has never been easier. The instructions are rather basic and just for making hats, not scarves/booties as the product details suggest, but pattern books are available if you want to branch out into something more complicated. However with the set, I have knitted up a few hats in practically no time at all and all the finishing that is required is pulling the wool together at the end and stitching or knotting it together. The 4 different sizes give a good choice, the smallest one would be a baby hat size, I have used mainly the 2 middle sized ones for ladies and children's sizes and am using the largest one for a looser knit snood/scarf. They are substantial and very well made and each pin has a deep groove in it for ease of picking up the wool with the awl provided. If you need to make lots of hats (I put them in Christmas charity shoeboxes etc.) then these are worth the very reasonable price.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 December 2012
My neices can both crochet - the older one is getting quite proficient now. However they both wanted to be able to knit like me, often watching in awe while I make all these jumpers etc. but I knew I would have much time to teach them, living a fair distance away.

The chance came when they were staying overnight for a joint brithday treat with me. I thought, as I was taught, that loom knitting is a great start as they get used to knowing where the wool goes, ready for the full thing next time. So I bought this set and an extra hook (or pick). These are great as they have a groove down the side, so much easier than the nails I had to work with as a child!

Being quite big, you need some chunky wool, but theres a lot of this around. You also need something strectchy, so go for wool, acrylic, or a mix of those. Avoid cotton, linen and bamboo like the plague until you know what you are doing!!

The instructions are on the packet, so you dont need a book yet, just see how you like it at first. The 12 year old had the knack within half an hour, along with her mum who I also taught! The 6 year old took a little longer, but in a couple of hours was going strong. In fact the younger one started herself before breakfast, and announced that she totally loved this!

A great success, and a very low effort sleepover for me to manage :)
on 15 January 2013
This product is very good. No cons, just pro's. I didn't expect it to be this good, I thought it's gonna be something that I'll throw away after a few uses, but no! It's really easy to use, it has instructions included (the instructions are very simple, easy to follow and they have pictures, cannot be more simple than that).
The pack contains:
- 4 looms (14 cm, 19 cm, 24 cm and 29 cm - the last one is really big, you can knit a hat to fit two heads, not one, but I am assuming that it's for knitting larger objects, not only hats/socks)
- a yarn needle (a very handy plastic thingie which is used to end/close the things you knit, e.g. a hat)
- a loom pick
- instructions (as said above, very handy and simple)
- a transparent plastic bag with zipper and handles, very useful for storing the looms and the accesories in it. It's also good for carrying them around.
Practically, this pack and some yarn and you're ready to start making lots of useful knitted stuff.
on 19 May 2011
These are some of the nicest circular looms I've seen. Reasonably priced, solid plastic with a nice feel to it and with little flower patterns all over. Good to hold and use. The only thing I would say is that the instructions are quite limited so you might want to pick up a book on circular loom weaving to go with them. Comes in a reusable plastic bag for storage. A good buy.
on 23 April 2012
I bought these as a present for someone and am now wearing a very warm and good quality woolly hat knitted using them - amazing! I'm never buying a hat in a shop again....
on 15 September 2011
I was happy overall with this product, but feel it lacked in 'Full instructions included' Luckily I have access to the internet so I can learn how to do things.
But it is a great product, I would recommend it to others, its easy to use and a lot of fun :)
Delivery was quick, I had no problems with my items :)
So overall really quite happy with this purchase :)
on 4 February 2012
A nice set of looms. Bit disappointed with instructions. I thought there would be more than the back of cardboard packaging
on 25 February 2013
I started on socks (easy online patterns available), but have now invented my own pattern & made my daughters knitted dresses, which they love.
These seem swifter than needles and my knitting is neater on them. I found it much easier to keep track of where I was and easier to be creative and invent my own patterns.
I can sit with a child on either side of me, have a conversation and still knit with a loom.
My kids have also all enjoyed creating things.
The variety of size looms is helpful- after thinking I'd only use the smallest I have now used all 4 reguarly.
The only downside is the amount of wool I've started to buy, because I'm finding knitting on these looms so relaxing!
Hunt around online though for advice on stiches. (I personally favour e-wrap, although do one stitch at a time). You can find tips on purl (rib is useful) and a really loose cast off.
on 13 May 2011
I received the item on time. I did not realize until two days later that one of the pegs on the largest loom was broken. So I did not open the package and called the seller and reported the problem. They said they will send a replacement for the broken loom and I received it the very next day. Very impressed by the service. Not many instructions but you get loads on YouTube.

Please check before dispatching.
on 28 January 2011
This item it really easy to use. I lent one of the looms to a friend that had never used one before and within 3 hours had made an adults hat. Fantastic product would defo advise other people to buy one.