5.0 out of 5 stars Very good little toy for boys who have watched Daddy!, 22 Jun 2011
S. Carroll "Smiler" (South, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Drillin Action Tool Set (Toy)
I don't often write reviews - but thought I would about this because it has been such a hit with my boys and I've had trouble finding one!
My sons were given this as a present, and I was really surprised I'd never seen one before (having 3 boys under 5 I've seen most the boyish toys available!!) It was a massive hit instantly. They have seen Daddy doing DIY round the house loads and always ask to use his drill or use their own little ones which don't really do anything - then this comes along, with a real working drill that looks similar to Daddy's! It can screw in the screws into the toolbox and unscrew them again by flicking the switch. It has a hammer that you can hammer big nails in then practice pulling them out again with the back - just like in real life (but on a bigger scale) I gave it 4 stars for educational value because although nothing obvious is on offer it is actually teaching them to work with their hands in a number of different ways. They love it. Amazon I suggest you get a few of these in - they are my new favourite childrens present!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kiddies kit., 12 Dec 2013
We bought this for our grandson's birthday, and right away he started playing with it, although he was using the drill as a gun !! but boys will be boys, very good for co-ordination etc.
The only down side was, it could do with a little more tasks to do, over and above drilling, and hammering ? overall a good toy and sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 13 Aug 2013
Normski (Buckley, Flintshire) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my 3 year old nephew and he loves it. Hours and hours of play ahead. Product is well made usual fisher price quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars GUARANTEED TO UNLOCK THE "FAVORITE UNCLE" ACHIEVEMENT, 19 Feb 2013
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I ordered this set as a Christmas present for my 2-years old nephew: he simply loved it from the very first moment!

He liked it so much, he learned to say "thank you" (or something very close) to show his appreciation. He liked it so much he wants to keep it by his bed to be able to find it when he wakes up - and this continues for two months now (for toddlers to be interested in the same toy, this is a very long time). He likes it so much my sister-in-law called to thank me again because withdrawing playing privileges suddenly got very effective with her unruly son. She still blames our gene-pool for the later thought (yeah, she is probably right).

The material is durable, the design safe, the toddlers love the sound and function of the power-drill and they are taught to discern cross-sectional shapes and sizes. More importantly, it will keep them interested for a long time. As far as preschool toys go, this is a real winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like my dad!, 9 Jan 2013
L. M. Berry (Keighley, West Yorkshire, GB) - See all my reviews
We gave our son a power drill for Xmas and thought his two year old (nearly three) would enjoy being the same as his dad. Great success but unfortunately our three year old grand-daughter loved it too and disregarded her supermarket till immediately to fight with him for the drill. That will teach me not to assume power tools are a boys only toy. Buy them for the girls as well !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughts on Brilliant Basics Drillin Action Tool Set, 29 Dec 2012
Excellent
Already been well used
Getting to grips with the drill and screws. no problems with the hammer and nails
Grandson is two and a half

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 30 April 2012
Bought this for my one year old grandson and he plays with it all the time. Perfect grip for small hands to manage and very durable as you would expect from Fisher Price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most played with toy!, 14 Nov 2011
My 18 month old son is the envy of his friends with this brilliant toy. He plays and plays with it and it is the excellent quality you expect of Fisher Price.

5.0 out of 5 stars *****, 13 Nov 2014
Excellent quality bought for my son for christmas so hasnt been used yet but arrived quickly in perfect working order. I am sure he is going to love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Make one in a carrying case! The recipient will love it together with her hard hat and high viz jacket!!, 10 Dec 2014
I was hoping to find a drill kit like the one my children had in the 19800 s, but sadly Fisher Price no longer