5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST thing you will discover when burnt!
Published on 18 Dec. 2010 by J. Rose

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Ok but nothing special for price. Normal dressing just as effective.
Published 8 months ago by Mummypom

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST thing you will discover when burnt!, 18 Dec. 2010
J. Rose (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Burnshield Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm (Personal Care)
After very badly scalding the whole of my hand, this miracle in a packet was the only thing that took the pain away. After 24 hours of severe pain, when the nurse applied this dressing I was amazed that it worked as I had tried everything else I could get my hands on... honey,aloe vera, lavender oil,ice water, burn ease etc. This was the ONLY thing that worked. Its effects lasted and it helped the scald to heal quickly.

I can't recommend it highly enough, it's cheap enough to get a few packs for your first aid cupboard. I will never be without it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for every home, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Burnshield Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm (Personal Care)
I haven't used these yet but I have used the burnsheild gel before. I have also seen similar dressings used by paramedics, which worked wonders. I always like to have burnsheild products in the first aid kit since a recommendation from a fireman. I can't say enough good about burnsheild products. I've used it for small burns on fingers in the kitchen, to a large scald from a hot cup of tea. It instantly starts to take the sting out of burns and saves skin from the damage burns can cause. The spray is great as you don't have to touch the skin. I think it's an absolute must-have for all homes especially if you have children. It's a fab price too. Its one of the best things for emergencies I've spent a few quid on; probably because I've seen too many minor burns, and the associated pain people suffer ...needlessly.

5.0 out of 5 stars must have for your kitchen, 7 July 2013
S. Hava - See all my reviews
This review is from: Burnshield Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm (Personal Care)
Burnshield dressing have a gel, which helps to stop the burning going deeper into you skin, first make sure you run the burnt part under cool running water, for at least 20 minutes, then apply the burn pads, you may need several depending on the size of your burn, you may have to go to hospital, but at least this product keeps dulls the pain, it was the only thing which gave me relief

5.0 out of 5 stars Burn shield pads, 17 May 2012
This review is from: Burnshield Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm (Personal Care)
I have in my time as a first aider that this brand of burn pads is the best and I would recommend them to all who have a first aid box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy now! use in combination with Burnshield HYDROGEL, 29 April 2015
This review is from: Burnshield Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm (Personal Care)
every home should have these available- the product line was recommended to me by NHS nurses who treated me for a moderate burn to my thumb (using this product (specifically HYDROGEL) although I'm not entirely sure if it was the same brand if that makes a difference to anyone) I can say since that happened 2 years ago I have kept this product at hand in my kitchen (and near my hair straighteners!) at all times, it's been used by myself and friends and every time it's been applied to even the smallest of burns it has been greatly appreciated by all!

Takes the heat out of the burn almost immediately, (Burnshield HYDROGEL then apply this dressing) and from what I was told by the nurses that I had previously seen, it stops the burn penetrating further under the skin.

I wouldn't rely solely on this (or any other product) for anything more than a minor burn as I'm not a medical professional- however- I do think it could help tremendously in the interim period between a more severe burn happening and receiving medical treatment, should you choose to go to a hospital.

Another point to mention is that my university first aid office does not carry a single product to help deal with any type of burns. (!) I understand that this is the norm in most first aid stations (due to health and safety regulations ironically) so it really helps to carry these individual sachets somewhere in your bag, if the unfortunate situation should occur to you or anyone around you.

Thank you burn shield!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential first aid for household burns and scalds. Cooling and soothing., 20 May 2015
This review is from: Burnshield Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm (Personal Care)
These packs, each containing a single square of hydrocolloid type dressing measuring about 4" x 4" are ideal for dressing burns or scalds. Best way to treat a scald or burn is to immediately run the area under cold, running water for ten minutes, or apply a pack of frozen peas over a wet cloth to the burn for ten minutes. Getting the area thoroughly cooled as soon as possible is essential. Then dry the area gently and apply the dressing. This dressing is quite wet and gunky, but it will sit nicely over the burn. If it folds up, or crumples, it's easy to straighten out. Over that, put some gauze, and secure with a bandage. As it's a very wet dressing, it will probably leak or drip through the gauze or bandage. If it does, and it's a nuisance, wrap some cling film round the bandage to stop the drips.
These are nice, easy to use dressings for home use on typical minor household burns and scalds, and do give some relief.
Get a few packs in before you need them. The burnshield spray is a very useful piece of kit as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. I use these in the Ambulance Service ..., 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Burnshield Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm (Personal Care)
Excellent product. I use these in the Ambulance Service and they are brilliant. If burns are caught early there is little or no scaring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kit, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Burnshield Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm (Personal Care)
All of the burnshield range is excellent at treating scalds and burns, especially if you're somewhere with no running water or you're taking someone to hospital and need to continue cooling the burn. I have a wide range of burnshield products in my car and my household first aid kit and I'd never be without them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Burnshield Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm (Personal Care)
Rather big sachet, for the low price I was expecting something a lot smaller, well worth it.

Great for cooling and smoothing burns, also good to pop in your FIRST AID KIT

Highly Recommend!!!!!!!!!!

Great Item, Fast Postage, Top Seller.

(5 *****)

Many ThANKS

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 24 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Burnshield Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm (Personal Care)
Ok but nothing special for price. Normal dressing just as effective.

Burnshield Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm