5.0 out of 5 stars Deadly |Intent on reading more
The book starts off in Mexico, but very quickly arrives in the UK. No detail is to small, Travis is our girl DS Travis. Just come out of a relationship with a recently promoted Superintendent.
The plot is in all honesty is about deceit, everyone seems to lie, or not want to tell the truth. Travis has to keep on grilling the suspects.
We have an array of dead...
Published on 25 Oct 2008 by Robert P. Splaine

3.0 out of 5 stars Suddenly the scales fell away from my eyes!
Published on 2 Nov 2009 by Bc V. Price

5.0 out of 5 stars Deadly |Intent on reading more, 25 Oct 2008
Robert P. Splaine "mrbobsltd" (pattaya) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Deadly Intent (Hardcover)
We have an array of dead bodies, with seemingly no motive or reason.
It has been a sheer pleasure reading this book. I feel l know Travis. Its a long read with 600+ pages.
The subterfuge within this book is masterclass. No wonder Lynda is one
of the best selling authors.
I now intend to start on her back catalogue. Its such an easy read, like sliding down a slide, but all the excitement.
What an ending, that's all I'm saying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked plotline and deadly to the last!, 14 Nov 2008
This review is from: Deadly Intent (Hardcover)
La Plante has been doing this for a while now (Widows, Prime Suspect and Trial and Retribution) to name just a few!

She can creep in and make you want to know more about the characters, and the ever present why?

The Book Deadly Intent is a big 'un at 641 Pages in hardback but with the story and sheer doggedness of the characters involved, you must keep reading as the pace never lets up - the tale never gets boring!

The plot line is rather linear with dates and times at the core of the whole book. These will be discussed and re-arranged many times within these 600 odd pages! Just as you think 'yeah, that's it!' the tactics change and the line goes off on another tangent. People who it would seem are innocent bystanders are up to their necks in it and others are innocent where it would seem to be otherwise.....

Everybody has their own motive for not being truthful, at first, but eventually all the jigsaw pieces fall into place and the picture is clear. Anna Travis is never far from trouble but has a nose to smell out and the tenactity to keep digging and kicking up more dust!

A very well organised and executed book, the wrist ache from holding it up for just another couple of pages is well worth the effort!

This is what good crime writing is all about, this is what it looks like -Thank you Ms La Plante for showing us an Ace yet again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Sep 2008
L. Swift "Lisa S" (Leicester,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deadly Intent (Hardcover)
This is my favourite so far of Lynda's books, it kept me spellbound, there are loads of twists & turns throughout the plot to keep you interested. Anna Travis is great character, cant wait for the next one to see what happens with her and Langton....

3.0 out of 5 stars Suddenly the scales fell away from my eyes!, 2 Nov 2009
Bc V. Price "Bernard Price" (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deadly Intent (Paperback)
I have long been a fan of detective novels and I was hooked on the first three of La Plante's Anna Travis Novels, so I was eagerly looking forward to reading 'Deadly Intent'. It starts with great promise. An Ex- Oxford Student Drop out who has become one the FBI's most wanted Criminals due to his Drug Baron activities suddenly resurfaces after lying low for some time. To all intents and purposes he is a nasty chap! A sort of bad Howard Marks type.
After undergoing some drastic plastic surgery he turns up back in the UK causing havoc to all those he comes in touch with, due to a new drug Fentanyl. I won't go too much further into the plot as all of a sudden the scales fell away from my eyes!
The book is just terrible. The plot is far too complex and totally unbelievable, the characters are made of wood, there are soppy 'romantic' interludes and after ploughing through 600 odd pages in the paperback version the plot has no resolve!
I hope this is only a blip. I feel these novels should be shorter to create tension and at least have a satisfying conclusion. Then again maybe it is with an eye on the next novel and continuing links. This series is becoming more a soap opera than a crime thriller !

2.0 out of 5 stars The first disappointing La Plante book, 2 Oct 2009
This review is from: Deadly Intent (Paperback)
This was my 19th LLP book and the least enjoyable.
The plot went round and round in circles, and in the end, I struggled to care.
So disappointing but I am still a huge fan of Lynda's book and I look forward to ordering my next one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deadly indeed: deadly boring, 29 July 2009
This review is from: Deadly Intent (Paperback)
Over long, convuluted plot with poor resolve and the characters are totally one dimensional. The title by the way is totally irrelevant to the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars deadly intent, 24 July 2009
J. M. Battley (hampshire england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deadly Intent (Paperback)
I love Lynda La Plante books and this is no exception. You get straight into the story and it moves along quickly with no boring parts. I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good thriller, 2 Feb 2009
W. M. Hawkins (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deadly Intent (Hardcover)
This is the 2nd Lynda La Plant's book I have read. The first was the Legacy which was really disappointing, but this one is great. A really good police thriller. I can't wait to read the other books with DI Travis in them.
Travis is called in after the murder of an ex police officer in a seedy drug den, but the plot deepens when it appears somebody else was at the scene and a number of further bodies turn up.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet, 19 Sep 2008
Mrs. Yvonne Farnley "Book worm" (North Wales . U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deadly Intent (Hardcover)
Brilliant book, couldn't put it down, it has to be the best yet, each page was as exciting as the last, great book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty downloads!, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Deadly Intent (Kindle Edition)
Great book, beautifully constructed.

Pity it has a fault in it! I spoke with a very helpful guy on helpdesk who took me through deleting the original and installing a replacement - I was delighted! (and said so in subsequent service enquiry) However about half a dozen or so pages from the end the same fault reappeared - maddening!
The fault must be in the original as that is two downloads with the same fault!! To read a book and find that pages near the end are missing is most frustrating.

Deadly Intent