5.0 out of 5 stars Sharing Memories of a Good Life
The autobiography of Patrick Swayze which he did not have a chance to see allows the reader to have a glimpse of his impressively successful life. Although written in the final months of his life when he was fighting losing battle with cancer the book does not concentrate on the final illness, offering instead an honest overview of his life.
Swayze and his wife (and...
Published on 30 Sept. 2009 by Ford Ka

3.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping for more
I have just finsihed this book and have to agree with previous reviewers. I was hoping to read more about him but felt we weren't getting the real deal. I too agree that telling the reader constantly what he is very good at, which seems to be absolutely everything, got annoying and I started to skip pages (something I never normally do).

His constant promotion...
Published on 25 Aug. 2011 by P. Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharing Memories of a Good Life, 30 Sept. 2009
Ford Ka (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
Swayze and his wife (and co-author) take the reader on a journey through the actor's life, sharing memories of what was good and bad in it. You'll probably be surprised to find how many troubles Swayze had to go through to achieve his success. The story of his life certainly has an inspirational value because till the very end he remained a fighter, ready to face both the external world and his own weaknesses - the effects of a serious injury while shooting "Letters from a Killer" or a plane crash but also his alcoholism.
"The Time of My Life" offers good reading - if you remember Swayze from "Ghost" or "Dirty Dancing", this is your chance to get to know him a little better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very poignant especially now..., 30 Sept. 2009
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
I pre-ordered this book having spotted its imminent release on the day of Patrick Swayze's untimely death from pancreatic cancer. I devoured it in one sitting, as it's a well written story of a man who despite his own (admitted) faults loved his wife and was passionate about everything he did. The foreward paticularly was very poignant to read as he spoke so positively about beating the cancer, and I'm sure this will be updated for the paperback version.

Patrick Swayze was a fantastic dancer, actor, singer, husband and cowboy and I'm certain his memory will live on in his films. Dirty Dancing, Ghost and Point Break were 3 of my favourites, and the book has now inspired me to find a few others that I'd not yet seen.

For anyone who wants to get to know the real man behind THAT body (!) and a real love story, then read this book. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
One of the best books I have read in a long time. I could not put it down and read it in a day. He was an absolutely beautiful human being with an immense amount of talent, strength, will power, passion and love for his wife, it is so heart warming but also very sad at the sometime. You really feel for his wife Lisa in such a sad time of loss for a man she clearly loved very much even when things were difficult.
I loved all of his films and will now be looking out for other films that he mentioned in their book.

This is a must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars this was the best book i've ever read, 5 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
i have seen most of patrick's movies, my favourite being North & South, this was the first book i have read thou, it was the best read ever, it starts right at the begining of his teenage years and goes through everything he and his wife Lisa done and the hard ships they faced while they built their lifes together, their home everything. The love he shared with lisa was so strong and so lovely...... karina (fife)

5.0 out of 5 stars be prepared to get teary, 13 Oct. 2009
Sian Louise (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
This was a very emotional read, more so since he died only a month ago.
It was a very honest account of his life and was a little hard in places, especially on reading on his lack of confidence and how he felt about himself, how he wasnt good enough etc.
His love for his wife was wonderful to read about, to know how deeply he cared for. She is/was a lucky woman to have someone who loved her so deeply and he was also for having her.
I don't know what else I can say apart from what everyone else has written, but this book will remain a keeper for me as I have been a fan of his for most of my life an will continue loving and watching his films for years to come. My thoughts are with his family and I hope his wife Lisa will be ok in time to come.
If you love this actor and his films, I definately recommend this book, you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Real Love Story, 12 Oct. 2009
Lincs Reader (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
'The Time Of My Life' is simply written, but with passion. Patrick's passion for life, dance, horses, acting and most of all, Lisa, his wife of 34 years shine through the whole of this book.
From his early days as a ballet dancer, bullied by the others boys at school, through time spent with his cowboy father and onto his long and successful acting career and love affair with Lisa - the book is entertaining and honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharing Memories of a Good Life, 3 Oct. 2009
Ford Ka (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Time of My Life (Audio CD)
The autobiography of Patrick Swayze allows the reader to have a glimpse of his impressively successful life. Although written in the final months of his life when he was fighting losing battle with cancer the book does not concentrate on the final illness, offering instead an honest overview of his life.

5.0 out of 5 stars You have got to read this book., 8 Oct. 2009
Mrs. D. Marshall (West yorkshire england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
I received this book at 4pm and could not wait to start reading it. Needless to say I read it in one sitting. I am a Patrick Swayze fan and always will be and this book is true story of a man who despite having thousands of fans still was insecure. The book is well written and tells the story of his life with lisa and the struggles they overcame. I have been watching his films and it is interesting when you watch them to know how he had felt about them.The book reveals a humble man who loved his wife and always strove to be better.

I am sure I will read this book over and over again as with his film you still feel the emotion do matter how many times you have seen them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping for more, 25 Aug. 2011
P. Holmes "phil2209" (East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Paperback)

His constant promotion of Lisa and what she is supposed to be good at got very tiresome and annoying too. He says that he would rewrite a lot of scripts if they weren't upto scratch. Hmmm maybe this is true, and I could possibly believe it. However once he started saying that Lisa too started rewriting films,taeching actors how to 'act' and dance etc. I had to stop reading and started flicking as I couldn't imagine any director or writer allowing this to happen (or caring what she had to say).

The last disapointment was the fact that there was only 10 or so pages about his cancer. I was hoping to read more about his fight, however it was not to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Sept. 2009
This review is from: The Time of My Life (Hardcover)
Fantastic book, couldn't put it down,good insight to two very private people who are very well known.
its starts right at the beginning of meeting each other upto knowing they are going to lose each other very sad.
patrick swayze is a legend, who loved his wife deeply. god bless him

The Time of My Life