on 17 April 2012
When i first got this my initial impression was that it was a handy tool however there are a few flaws that i would like to point out to help potential purchasers. I have used this tool now for 3 months and have made the following observations.

1. It stained on 1st use - with a tomato based sauce.
2. It is a little awkward to hold.
3. the spoon end part that is at the top of the handle that is supposed to be used for taste testing is not that useful as once you have used it your hands will get covered in the food.
4. The strainer part is pretty much useless as not big enough to be of any real use, only good if you were straining 1 mushroom or other such small item and forget trying to strain things like peas as by the time you have tilted the spoon to allow the food to reach the strainer part they have fallen off.
5. Although it is supposed to be heat resistant the bottom has bubbled and blistered which happened whilst frying steak. So obviously not as heat resistant as they state.

So all in all i would not recommend - only useful if you do hardly any cooking, have a tiny kitchen so want to save space, don't mind the staining, don't use it to fry as can't hold up to the heat!
on 12 November 2010
If I need a kitchen gadget I often seek out Joseph Joseph because their design are not only aethetically pleasing but highly functional. This little gadget, however I bought on a whim - I wasn't looking to fill a specific need. I mean who thinks they need a combo turner, spreader, spoon, drainer, cuter? But it's one of the best impulse buys I've ever made! It's particularly good for 1 pot dishes. I used the turner to actually stir ingredients and the cutting edge to cut meat into smaller chunks once browned/sealed. And I use the spatula side for tasting and to scrap out ingredients into a dish. I've never really used it for spreading and only use the slotted spoon if I want to take out a small chunk of something to taste it. For example, if I'm making a pasta bake to collect and taste one of the noodles for firmness.

Honestly this things is great, not only saves on washing up, but it has a nice feel in your hand no matter which way you hold it. I'd just say be careful when you moving from one end to the other within the same cooking session. First time I used it I got grease on my shirt when I flip it around. Now I just have a cloth or paper towel handy to wipe off one surface when I move to the next. It's not a big deal as you're not likely to be moving between the 2 sides often.

I highly recommend this tool for every kitchen!
on 21 August 2010
I love this spoon. I cook a lot for my family and this tool really is all I need sometimes. I keep it next to the burners and it is so nice not having to dig for the right tool for the task. I'm going to buy a second one so I have a clean one and one in the dishwasher. Totally awesome design and fair price.
on 5 June 2011
A brilliant tool for all the reasons given by other reviewers, and I would consider it to be an ideal all in one camp cooking tool. The only problem is that the spatula, cutter and spoon are configured for left handers.

The spatula, in particular, is no good for right handed use in saucepans with corners that need to be reached, or even frying pans and woks where you may need to keep moving food off the flat bottom of the pan. In a natural right handed grip, only the longer corner of the spatula touches the pan, meaning you have to lift your elbow unnaturally high to make the edge contact, or reverse the tool (spoon cavity facing away - feels awkward) or use your left hand. I can't believe they missed this in the design stage. A symmetrical design would have been better.

A triumph for left handers, though.
on 13 June 2014
This utensil is really useful. I have used it to stir and sieve as well as cut with the serrated edge. It washes well in the dishwasher and still looks like new even though it has been used for around 6 months. It is clearly well made
on 21 November 2015
We have this is our camper van ... a huge space saving by having too many utensils in one.
If I had this in my kitchen at home, instead of separate utensils for each job, it would probably drive me crazy.
So ... it gets 5 stars for what it accomplishes in the space tight camper. Only 3 stars for a kitchen that has room for separates.
on 18 November 2014
You really need to hold this in your hand before you buy to realize why in so many ways it doesn't work. It is trying to do too much. If it had just been a slotted spatula with a serrated edge that would be an excellent idea. But the curve of the spoon on the other end makes it hard to hold and use the spatula, especially the serrated side, unless you are left-handed. If you want to use the spoon end the other end is very awkward to hold, for left- and right-handers alike, because you risk cutting yourself on the serrated edge. JJ need to go back to the drawing board with this one.
on 31 August 2013
On reflection, this was a strange tool to buy. We don't actually use it for everything its advertised for. It usually gets used as a sort of spatula for frying, but we already have one of those. If you did try to use it for all its uses you'd be constantly having to wash the dirty end which becomes the handle.
on 3 July 2013
the olnly thing wrong is it doesnt fit into the hutensil pot holder easily enough.
if it had been mm narrower, or the pot mm wider, i think everyone using it would be happy, does the job though, dont forget to rinse the end before using the other end!

William
on 3 March 2013
i love joseph joseph and this versatile implement is tops! JJ is a good quality kitchen product and i particularly like the way their products angle to avoid touching the worktop. All of my cooking utensils are JJ and i would reuse and recommend.

See one answered question