4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good headphones
Published on 8 Oct. 2011 by pierre

1.0 out of 5 stars Think before you buy
Had these 2 years used for holidays (for flights)will not switch on now makes them expensive flights. No idea how to get these repaired so will probley have to bin them.
Published 23 days ago by Pete

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good headphones, 8 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Sennheiser PXC310 Stereo Headphones with Noise Reduction for iPod / iPhone / MP3 Devices - Black (Electronics)
Sennheiser has always been a good brand for headphones and I wanted to have noise canceling option since I take the plane regularly so I went for this model (without bluetooth called "BT"). The headphones are comfortable, I wore them for a ten hour flight straight, sure it hurts a little when you take the off in the end but it's ok. There is no bluetooth so the battery is used fully for noise cancelling and it lasts over 24h when fully charged. Noise canceling is pretty good by the way, really reduces the plane noise. The general sound is good as usual with sennheiser, except maybe a slight lack of bass when noisegard activated, not much though. Now for the bad points : at max, the sound level is not that high when turned off (better when "on") but still definitely ok for average users like myself, the worst point is the red blinking led light. Light which can be turned off on the BT model but not on this NON BT model, the option is not available!!! I had to put some black stupid tape on it to hide it from my neighbor commuters/passengers.

Anyhow, I would still recommend this headphones especially compared to Bose models (who cannot be used when they run out of battery) because they work with or without battery and sound and building quality is good as usual with this brand, but I would also recommend maybe to add a few more money and get the BT model in order to be able to turn off the led and also get the bluetooth option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones, 23 Jan. 2012
These are great headphones that turn down the volume of jet engines or even turbo props and make journeys less tiresome. What they won't do is is reduce high frequency sounds like people talking.
If you're a regular on planes these are a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little headphones, 12 Mar. 2013
S. Dealing (Skelmersdale, Lancs) - See all my reviews
Arrived quickly and the price was competitive, the headphones are compact and the sound is good for general use, on a plane the noise cancellation works really well drowning out most of the background noise, they are supplied with a nice case, cable, travel adapter and charger. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars pxc 310 good hadphones, 8 Nov. 2012
really nice headphones. sound quality is crystal clear. small drawback is the bass could be a lot more deep and solid. having said that would thoroughly reccomend these headphones. good buy and reasonably priced compared to other resellers.yet to find out about the battery life......

1.0 out of 5 stars Think before you buy, 26 Mar. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for frequent travellers, 27 Jan. 2013
This sennheisser PXC 310 headphone is perfect for a frequent traveller. Its highly recommended. The battery life is great & noise cancellation is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant portable cans, 20 Jan. 2013
G. Orr (Skelmersdale, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent performance - noise cancellation works very well even on quiet planes. Fidelity for such small units is also spot on!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very quiet with poor noise cancelling, 13 Jan. 2014
D. Godin - See all my reviews
I listen to a lot of audio books and talk radio on my commute to work. I use the London underground which can get quite noisy. I normally use cheep £10 in ear head phones but decided to treat myself to these.

The sound quality is good but the noise cancelling has very little effect. Using these headphones I have to turn the volume to max and still I often can't hear the audio well enough to understand what people are saying. I've been persevering I guess because I spent so much on these. However I think it's time to give up and go back to the cheep headphones.

On a side note I just tried a pair of bose in ear headphones and have just experienced how well nose cancelling can work. The noise cancelling in these Sennheiser is a joke in comparison.

1.0 out of 5 stars embarrasing gimmick, 11 Jun. 2010
Carol Wright - See all my reviews
This is the worst thing I have ever bought. When you switch them on they continuously flash red, mega embarrasing gimmick and annoy people around you. The volume is inadequate and seemed to supress my i-pod. It is very easy to turn the talk through gimmick on without realising it and suddenly you hear whispering in your head. The instructions are in every language found in the world but tell you nothing of importance. I couldn't find a comfortable position for them on my head. They are worthless. I want my money back.