Size: 200 g|Change

on 24 November 2011
My musk turtles love this stuff. I'd brought them up for the 1st 9 months on just the food sticks before finding this mix. Several people online advise against it as they think the turtles will always pick the shrimps out over the pellets but I don't find that at all. Nice varied food mix.
on 11 September 2015
Seems to be very tasty, my YBS loves it and turns frantic at the sight of the big blue tub! The price is good too, though the 200g tub might seem a bit costly it lasts a long time as turtles do not need that much food.

However, the instructions on the tub are only suitable for hatchlings, and even then I would suggest only one 10-15 minute feeding a day for those. The food is too meaty to be a complete food for turtles over 1 year old (The packaging does claim that "older turtles" need greens in their diet but I wouldn't have called a one-year-old an "older turtle" by any means). I recommend speaking to fellow turtle keepers rather than following these instructions. For example I feed my own 2 year old slider a teaspoon of dry food three days a week, with leafy greens every day. No dry food on the market can replace fresh greens in a turtle's diet! As other reviews have said, the food also can be quite wasteful depending on the batch, as a lot of it crumbles to dust in transit.

However I still prefer this over most other turtle foods on the market!
on 10 January 2014
It feeds the turtles, they seem happy good price seems to be lasting well. I asked the turtles and they said they would recommend this.
on 5 March 2014
As a regular buyer of this product I am always pleased with the packaging, price and delivery. My only complaint would be that I have to put this through a sieve before I feed my terrapins. I do this because there seems to be an awful amount of powdered food in these large tubs and they tend to clog up my filters on occasion. Despite this, my terrapins are fed often and I never have to remove leftover food from their tank.

Always a winner in my book!
on 8 January 2015
My turtle loves this food, there's a good mix of sticks, shrimp and krill, he eats it all, the fish will even sneak up behind him to grab the odd mouthful.
It lasts a long time, I feed mine nightly on a big pinch of this plus some raw fish\mussels\squid\eels etc to keep him well fed so my fish don't become dinner.
on 28 November 2011
My terrapins love this food, it's their favourite and it's highly recommended - Reasonably priced and very nutritious and healthy. It doesn't leave too much mess in the tank as long as you're carefully not to give them the dust in the bottom and they love the extra shrimp in there now.
on 25 November 2013
Having tried many types of food my terrapins like this make the most. I found its good value for the price .one of my terrapins is now 22years old and about 10 inches long so enjoys the larger pieces very much but my 2 smaller one can only eat the smaller bits so having smaller and larger bits means I don't have to buy two different types, also the two smaller terrapins had been badly neglected when I got them to the point there shells were badly damaged, after a vet visit and there diet change to this food both have beautiful shells again thank you,the only problem that happens is when it sometimes turns to dust at the bottom mainly because I will then need to buy more and found it very difficult to find the large size in any of the pet shops but now I can get it on Amazon I am very happy and so are my lovely terrapins.
on 27 March 2014
Turtles love it, especially the dried shrimps. However they are getting a bit spoilt and being selective over which bits they eat- they don't like the dried sticks which are supposed to be good for them. I use it as a treat now and then in conjunction with reptomin pellets, so that they have to eat a complete healthy diet most of the time. By the end of the tub, the food is rather powdery and spoils the water. Only use about 2/3 of the pot and discard the remaining powder bits.
on 9 June 2016
Bought a tiny tub of this from pets at home and my two yellow bellied sliders went mad for it I think it was about £4 can't remember the size but it was tiny. I them ordered it from here and you actually save so much money buying the big tub! I go through it pretty quick due to one of my turtles being huge but they both love the stuff! I would recommend this product to anyone who has a fussy turtle!
on 13 August 2013
I can't fault the product but to say "I love it" is possibly a little bit excessive. The wee critter's getting fed so it does the job it needs to. Having said that, sometimes my mum just fires in some tinned tuna when we're out of this stuff and Lord Shellington just thrives on it, completely different personality when he eats tuna. It's like crack for turtles.