5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant must read by Jacqueline Wilson
Published on 11 Mar. 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Caution!
My 7 year old daughter read this book and I was horrified by some of the content. One of the character's mothers has committed suicide, the main character goes shoplifting, there is talk of a child who hanged herself due to bullying and the word slag is used. This is certainly not appropriate for children aged 6 or 7. I would say at the very least age 10 or above. Not...
Published on 15 Nov. 2012 by Jules13

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant must read by Jacqueline Wilson, 11 Mar. 2002
This review is from: Bad Girls (Paperback)
Another excellent book by Jacqueline Wilson. It is about a girl called Mandy. She is always getting bullied at school one day on her way home she gets hit by a bus. There are lots of different accounts of the incident and her mum wants to find out why her baby was really hurt. Suddenly when things couldn't get any worse a new girl moves in across the road and they become best buddies. Tanya, her new friend, seems to scare the bullies of one day when she comes to meet Mandy after school things seem to good to last and they are. Tanya has a dark secret that she has not told any one which Mandy finds out about by accident. Tanya can only get Mandy out of trouble or can she! I would suggest it to 6 - 12 year olds because it is funny, witty and realistic. This is another must read by this brilliant author

5.0 out of 5 stars this was a great book and I felt like I was In it., 10 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Bad Girls (Paperback)
this was one of the best Jacqueline Wilson books I've ever read(Bad Girls) and I really enjoyed it.One of my favourite parts was when Tayna, Mandy's best friend, shouted at Kim the bully and kim went away and left Mandy alone for the first time.I can not tell you the best part because it will really spoil it so you'll just have to read the book to find out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Bad Girls (Kindle Edition)
This is a lovely book about a girl called Mandy and her best friend Tanya . I would recommend this book for 7-13 year olds.Great read :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tanya is cool and misunderstood, 17 Nov. 1999
This review is from: Bad Girls (Paperback)
I really love this book! It is cool because you can really relate to it and it is easy to get into because it gets started staight away. I have always preffered books that are written like a diary because it makes it seem like the person is real and you really feel like you are in them looking out because diaries are so personal. Jacqueline Wilson allways seems to do this so well. The story is about a Girl called Mandy who is bullied at school but everything is better when Tanya comes along. But then something awful happens and Tanya is taken away but things are o.k in the end and Mandy isn't bullied anymore.Great book!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 29 Mar. 2001
This review is from: Bad Girls (Paperback)
I absouloutly luv this book coz it helps me to get through my own problens at school. It has a lovely vocabulary and is such a good way to help people get through bullying. I reccomend this book to everyone who has trouble at school.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 20 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Bad Girls (Paperback)
My daughter adored Jacqueline Wilson when she was growing up and I found that she was re-reading her old books whilst she was awaiting some new ones. She told me that this book was very touching and she felt able to reconnect with it a lot more now.

Bad Girls is about a shy girl called Mandy who is ten years old. She is getting horribly bullied and has an over protective mother and a father who can't seem to fight his corner. Mandy feels like she is a baby and feels that everyone else has it better then her. She thinks she doesn't fit in, and after a terrible accident she finds herself stuck at home for a few days and meeting new people. After meeting the new neighbour, Mandy is exposed to a new world of life. Tanya, the neighbour, is a fourteen year old girl who comes from a tough background who is prepared to show Mandy how some people live. And as Mandy gets caught up in it all, she finds herself becoming a bad girl herself.

This book really shows the subjects of being yourself, growing up and change. The story is very haunting and touches on a few harsh subjects but I think that it's really good for some younger readers to read this. My daughter was bullied and she told me that by reading this book again she was connecting with Mandy and had a great deal of empathy. The book also touches on subjects like suicide, thieving, death and foster families, however it's not too much drama rolled into one. Each subject is briefly introduced whilst bullying is the main theme and I think Jacqueline has done that beautifully in hope to raise awareness and help others see what bullies really are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of one of Jacqueline Wilsons best books, 12 April 2000
This review is from: Bad Girls (Paperback)
Bad girls was the first book I ever read by Jacqueline Wilson ,since my first readin of Bad girls(i doubt my last) I have read all the other books to date and Double Act is my favourite. Bad Girls though is still brilliant. It deals with real life issues all children face like bullying, parents , peer pressure but all are dealed in a responsible attitude and way. All the characters in this book seem real from the start to the end of the book , the illustrations by Nick Sharratt help to do this.I bet you can't put the book down I know I could't!
Happy Reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, for old and young alike, 3 Oct. 2000
sj297@soton.ac.uk (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bad Girls (Paperback)
This was the first book by Jacquline Willson that I read and I thought it was great. It dealt with issues that children can relate to such as bullying, and was very sympaphetic in its approach. The characters where recognisable and real and the book contained a range of different characters. It has certainly made me want to read more books by Wilson and I can see why she is popular with children. Perhaps, more of a girls book than a boys one though. Definately a good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable book with heart-warming characters!, 24 July 2000
This review is from: Bad Girls (Paperback)
I bought Bad Girls over the holidays because I've read other books by Jacqueline Wilson and thoroughly enjoyed them! I got really stuck into Bad Girls and ended up not putting it down for two days! I particulary found this book good because I got teased at my old school for being a bit of a baby, so I could relate well to Mandy's feelings. Bad Girls is a cool book which I strongly advise children of any age to read, BUT BEWARE-YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PUT IT DOWN!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad girls is a really good read., 12 Feb. 2000
By A Customer
Bad girls was a really good read and quite exiting in places.I think Jacquline wilson concentrates on real subjects in childrens lives eg:shoplifting and bullying. The first chapter was really interesting when Mandy was being chased by three girls and runs into the busy road. In the following chapter you find out if Mandy is all right. I thought the book was brillent and I couldn't put it down. I would recommend it to anyone.