4.4 out of 5 stars1,097
Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£11.35

on 1 January 2015
After reading a selection of reviews I thought I would write my own. I completely understand the reason for the negative reviews but this book was not written for those people at this time. The point of the book is about becoming more aware and waking up in order to see things for what they truly are. For us that is rising above our mental filters, views and belief systems which are often distorted and destructive. Quite often it takes major life events for us to question our personal mental structures. This is exactly what happened to me and now I am so glad it did.

So in my opinion, this book is most likely to help you if:
1) You are having (major) challenges in life and your "normal" ways of coping are not working.
2) You are wondering what life is all about and are not finding any truly fulfilling answers.
3) And most importantly you are OPEN to looking at life in different ways.

This book is unlikely to help you if:
1) You do not want / are not ready for a shift in consciousness.
2) You are not open and prepared to question your own belief systems and views on life.
3) You focus more on the way things are written rather than look for the underlying message.

Look around, life needs us to wake up and this book is one of many tools available to help us do that!

Peace ;-D
11 comment|250 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2014
If you let the fact that Oprah has promoted the book or the fact that it was on a bestseller list put you off this book then you will miss out.
To 'get' this book you need to be open to the realisation that our minds and emotions create our suffering and that we are more than our minds and emotions. It is timeless wisdom restated very clearly and without religious baggage. I believe that this book can help anyone who approaches it with an open mind.
on 9 February 2011
A boyfriend bought this for me a few years ago, with us both being into Spiritual development.
It's a handy thing to have around. The frame and the box is made of strong card, and the Tolle teaching cards sit inside the box.

To view any card and put on display for you, you slot it into the top slit of the frame, and the frame also has a stand built in so each card can stand up right for you to see and read it clearly.

Each card is divided into different groups they are; 'The Wisdom Of Surrender', 'Liberation Through Change', 'The Power Of Presence', 'The Flame Of Awareness' and 'The Way Out Of Pain.'

Then on the other side of each card has the lesson.

For example on one 'The Power Of Presence' cards it says;

" IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY FEELING YOUR EMOTIONS, start by focusing attention on the inner energy field of your body.
Feel the body from within.
This will put you in touch with your emotions."

Each card is the same colour which looks like looking up at a purple, white and yellow cloud..

I would definitely recommend this card box and stand for any spiritual minds.
on 3 July 2013
I just could not believe that such a book existed when I started reading "The Power of Now"! Eckhart Tolle is a true spiritual teacher and I am so thankful to have found his work. I have learnt so much about my thinking, my depression, my marriage, my divorce but most of all the Bible has been opened up to me in a completely new light and parts of it that always seemed incomprehensible now seem simple and accessible. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking Enlightenment! And to anyone who would like to further their understanding of the human being and the human mind; you will find the answer to everything you have ever wondered about!
on 14 October 2011
Just bought this book on Audio and listened to it whilst going for walks in the woods every day. I found it truly beautiful. No matter what you beliefs or how far along you are in your spiritual development this book can teach you things that will change your life. Most of us are aware of the importance of being "present", however after these teachings you may realise that it is the key to true happiness. This guidance (along with meditation) changed my life, relationships and energy. I recommend the audio especially if you can find the time to listen whist amongst nature. Eckharts chilled out voice really resonates and you will remember the truth you've always know deep down. Thank you for this book.
22 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2012
I suppose the fact that the book has 283 reviews which give it over 4 stars on average speaks for itself, and my review is redundant here, but for what it's worth, I want to say that I really needed to read this book.

There is just so much trouble and so much pain that we go through just because we take ourselves too seriously, we listen to our ego and we forget to live the moment (which is ultimately all that we have), always fretting about the past and how we miss it or how we cannot change it, always fearing the future that never comes.

Whenever I feel low, I remind myself that I'm just feeding my "pain body" and that I'm giving it food for dark thoughts... So I just close my eyes and focus on what I feel gives me energy, as Tolle suggests, and I realize how out of touch I had been when I was sad.

I have this book as a Kindle book, and aside from the fact that the ideas in themselves are wonderful and they have changed my relationship with myself, I also want to say that the Kindle edition was great, easy to follow and user friendly.
on 11 October 2011
I bought this after it was mentioned in a review in psychologies magazine. It sounded like the answer to my prayers! Having lived for most my life under the harsh reign of my anxious, un-checked mind, this book promised to be a simple and powerful tool. I am happy to say that I have not been disappointed! This book is very easy to read and work with, and I have been pretty much anxious-free since I picked it up. I can't say it's easy, a life-time habit of thought pattern is hard to let go, especially when interacting with others. But with practise I can see the benefits will be priceless. To be mindful is the key to happiness, and although this has been taught since the beginning, it has become slightly accessorised with the tastes of various enlightened souls. Tolle's book is as simple and unfettered as it gets - it agrees with the essence of all our world religions but pulls back the heavy curtains to reveal the one truth that we all need to be. Once this has been accomplished everything else just falls into place!
Since I began reading this book my life has dramatically improved. I no longer require alcohol to socialise or relax, I see the beauty in everything and this gives me an endless supply of joy. My relationships are so calm and easy, my creativity has sky-rocketed and I feel relaxed and happy all the time. No sleepless nights or churning stomach. I will be buying this book for all my loved-ones because I want them to experience life like this too.
1313 comments|272 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 April 2014
I read this book and learned a lot about myself and life. I was shocked to read the pages and find myself saying.....I do this, I did that, that is how I feel. The book really got to the root of the problems in my life (my mind) and explained to me how I can correct these problems. Once I began using the advice in the book I noticed positive changes in my life and I started to feel alive, fresh and content. I have not felt this way since I was very young. This book has really started off a life transformation within me.

If I could sum up this book in a few words, it would be like this........The book is like finding a map to peace and contentment inside you, that you never knew that was there.

Thank you Eckhart Tolle.
on 9 January 2012
Sadly when you are not ready this book will be just another mumbo jumbo for you. However if you are ready it will answer most of your questions and maybe even push you a little bit further to the truth. As the author says, the information is a mere signpost. The actual deciding and walking is on you alone.

Spoiler :)

Most of the suffering in this world is created by our own mind. Our ego, our false image of ourselves, we create to protect us and push us on the road. But it is also responsible for our suffering. It needs to be fed and protected. It creates needs ending in pride, lust, greed, sloth...you name it. 'Fear me or revere me, but please think I'm special'.
Ego lives out of past and/or future. So living in the Now seems to be the best cure. It is not about avoiding ego or suppressing it. It can't be done. It is just about not letting ego to drive you, to rule over you.

Once you stop being afraid you will be seen as an idiot and a coward, you start to be very honest with yourself.
Admitting on deep level with no one to blame, that you were a coward and/or arrogant fool is the strongest moment. You become authentic, person with integrity and you become more objective when dealing with world. The Now formula is only a tool to achieve this realization.

There is a danger though. E.T. mentions it but only briefly. He should stress it more. Ego can easily crawl back in...'I'm Enlightened, look at all these other people, they are so much stuck with their ego.' ;]

Once you see the truth and you are able to stop laughing at your own stupidity for all those years wasted in a dream, well, everything becomes new and pure. It is not eternal bliss. Just relieve, I guess. Inner peace. It can take you several years to master yourself to the point where you are more free than beaten up by your thoughts, fears and desires. But it is so much easier now...Now. Can you still be a valuable citizen, employee, employer, parent, soldier, Christian...? Very much so. 10 times better at least. Actually you won't see yourself as these 'images' anymore and it is so much better.
on 11 November 2015
I was introduced to this book recently, at a very low moment in my life, & i cant begin to say what a difference it has made. It feels as though the author knows exactly what is going on inside me, & how to address my issues

I would have to say this is the most important book i have ever read, & i will re read it many times, for the sense of calm & peace that it has brought me.

Everything the author says rings true, & feels 'right', almost like he is reminding me of some knowledge i once had, & lost. All i will say is, if you need help or guidence & have an open mind, please, just buy this book