5.0 out of 5 stars This book will help you if...
Published 4 months ago by tommyfaf

3.0 out of 5 stars A little too heavy for me.
I bought this book as my husband was recently diagnosed with a terminal illness which has been incredibly hard to deal with. I heard this book mentioned on Radio 4 and it came with glowing recommendations. It started well, a bit complex for my simple brain but it was helping. Then it got more spiritual and deep as it went on and I started to lose interest. In many...
Published 14 months ago by Jo King

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will help you if..., 1 Jan. 2015
After reading a selection of reviews I thought I would write my own. I completely understand the reason for the negative reviews but this book was not written for those people at this time. The point of the book is about becoming more aware and waking up in order to see things for what they truly are. For us that is rising above our mental filters, views and belief systems which are often distorted and destructive. Quite often it takes major life events for us to question our personal mental structures. This is exactly what happened to me and now I am so glad it did.

So in my opinion, this book is most likely to help you if:
1) You are having (major) challenges in life and your "normal" ways of coping are not working.
2) You are wondering what life is all about and are not finding any truly fulfilling answers.
3) And most importantly you are OPEN to looking at life in different ways.

This book is unlikely to help you if:
1) You do not want / are not ready for a shift in consciousness.
2) You are not open and prepared to question your own belief systems and views on life.
3) You focus more on the way things are written rather than look for the underlying message.

Look around, life needs us to wake up and this book is one of many tools available to help us do that!

Peace ;-D

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has changed my life., 27 April 2014
I read this book and learned a lot about myself and life. I was shocked to read the pages and find myself saying.....I do this, I did that, that is how I feel. The book really got to the root of the problems in my life (my mind) and explained to me how I can correct these problems. Once I began using the advice in the book I noticed positive changes in my life and I started to feel alive, fresh and content. I have not felt this way since I was very young. This book has really started off a life transformation within me.

If I could sum up this book in a few words, it would be like this........The book is like finding a map to peace and contentment inside you, that you never knew that was there.

Thank you Eckhart Tolle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing!, 14 Oct. 2011
Just bought this book on Audio and listened to it whilst going for walks in the woods every day. I found it truly beautiful. No matter what you beliefs or how far along you are in your spiritual development this book can teach you things that will change your life. Most of us are aware of the importance of being "present", however after these teachings you may realise that it is the key to true happiness. This guidance (along with meditation) changed my life, relationships and energy. I recommend the audio especially if you can find the time to listen whist amongst nature. Eckharts chilled out voice really resonates and you will remember the truth you've always know deep down. Thank you for this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Lifestyle/Self Help Book I've Read So Far, 31 Mar. 2014
I ordered this on Thursday morning and it arrived Friday morning. I am only on page 30 and I am consciously making effort to follow it's teachings, since I started everone even strangers have been saying how different I am and how happy I am. I am already feeling more "high on life" as you would say, and generally more happy with life after a year of extreme depression. I am also less effected by negative energies and events when I used to have an awful temper even 7 days ago, but since I started reading this I have felt nothing but peace,love and happiness.

The teachings seemed a little difficult at first. But just open up to up to the moment and you will find the joy you seek.

Remember guys whenever you finish a book pass it on, leave it on a bench or anywhere public, give it to charity.
Pay it forward and you will be rewarded.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is helping me get out of jam, 12 Aug. 2014
Robert A. Carter (Holland) - See all my reviews
I am in the process of splitting up with my wife of 12 years. This is has been the single biggest challenge in my life to date. The confrontation, the bitterness of recent years and the short term uncertainty in terms of how things are going to play out can take a heavy toll. If you search the web, you will find lots of tips about how to survive divorce. I have chosen for counselling, fitness and some spirituality.
I am glad that I have chosen for spirituality, that's not to say that I am about to grow a beard, put on a pair of sandals and a horsehair shirt, more of a case of trying to discover where perhaps I have gone wrong in the recent past and I how I might change things so that I might live a happier life in the future.
Eckhart Tolle has certainly helped me to create more focus, I have come to realise how much time I have spent worrying about things, rather than doing things, enjoying life and being me.
I have had the book a few weeks and I can say that it has made a difference. I can detach myself from mulling over the past and my hopes for a better future. Now I am able to concentrate on what I need to do now to reconcile the past and/or what I need to now to create a better future.
I found the first few pages difficult, fundamentally, that was down to my state of mind. I was not open to absorb what I was reading.
I am not sure what finally pushed me to persevere, I am glad I did. It is not the kind of book that you can read in a day, you need to read it, reflect on it and try it. I will be honest some of the book is very abstract, if you can get beyond that and try some of the exercises, you will feel a benefit.
Oprah Winfrey has had umpteen copies and she raves about it on You Tube, Eckhart Tolle can also be found there. Maybe try before you buy, you will need to a copy of the book to really understand the Power Of Now.

5.0 out of 5 stars The essential guide for detachment, 24 Jan. 2012
I suppose the fact that the book has 283 reviews which give it over 4 stars on average speaks for itself, and my review is redundant here, but for what it's worth, I want to say that I really needed to read this book.

There is just so much trouble and so much pain that we go through just because we take ourselves too seriously, we listen to our ego and we forget to live the moment (which is ultimately all that we have), always fretting about the past and how we miss it or how we cannot change it, always fearing the future that never comes.

Whenever I feel low, I remind myself that I'm just feeding my "pain body" and that I'm giving it food for dark thoughts... So I just close my eyes and focus on what I feel gives me energy, as Tolle suggests, and I realize how out of touch I had been when I was sad.

I have this book as a Kindle book, and aside from the fact that the ideas in themselves are wonderful and they have changed my relationship with myself, I also want to say that the Kindle edition was great, easy to follow and user friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only read one book...make it this!, 11 Oct. 2011
I bought this after it was mentioned in a review in psychologies magazine. It sounded like the answer to my prayers! Having lived for most my life under the harsh reign of my anxious, un-checked mind, this book promised to be a simple and powerful tool. I am happy to say that I have not been disappointed! This book is very easy to read and work with, and I have been pretty much anxious-free since I picked it up. I can't say it's easy, a life-time habit of thought pattern is hard to let go, especially when interacting with others. But with practise I can see the benefits will be priceless. To be mindful is the key to happiness, and although this has been taught since the beginning, it has become slightly accessorised with the tastes of various enlightened souls. Tolle's book is as simple and unfettered as it gets - it agrees with the essence of all our world religions but pulls back the heavy curtains to reveal the one truth that we all need to be. Once this has been accomplished everything else just falls into place!
Since I began reading this book my life has dramatically improved. I no longer require alcohol to socialise or relax, I see the beauty in everything and this gives me an endless supply of joy. My relationships are so calm and easy, my creativity has sky-rocketed and I feel relaxed and happy all the time. No sleepless nights or churning stomach. I will be buying this book for all my loved-ones because I want them to experience life like this too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've read it already but needed a new one as the other had so many underlinings I couldn't read it from fresh., 27 Aug. 2013
Fully deserves 100 stars.

This book is one of only 3-5 books in my life that have made such a massive impact into how I have managed to keep some semblance of peace in my life.
The Power Of Now will (if you put its central message into practice) transform your life from barely concealed insanity (the majority of people, myself included) to someone established in a solid foundation of peace, contentment and focus.
This is going to sound hyperbolic, but I would say this book needs to be read and lived by every human on earth - it is the evolution our species has been waiting for - mark these words.
Eckhart Tolle was called by Oprah Winfrey "a prophet" and I agree. Buy this book, become your true self, you won't regret it.
Wow that went on a bit, I could go on, no I'll stop there but to say;
Recommended to anyone who wants peace of mind and who is ready for practical and real truths about how we LIVE / BE, in a "nutshell".

5.0 out of 5 stars Wakes you up!, 2 April 2014
I love this book. I started to follow the book and noticed road names I had been driving on for years and never knew the name of the roads! I now see what is around me and what is happening NOW and I love it. I had been sleeping for most of my life and it's surprising just how much we miss what is going off around us now!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read., 25 April 2014
I recommend this book to every person on the planet,I am of the opinion that it needs to be taught in all schools when the pupils are still of a young age thus enabling them to start life with there eyes open. Hitler in the days leading too his success in German politics is reported to have said that "The masses are all blind and stupid" knowing that, look what that mad man did. He would not have had such success had the German population been introduced to the contents of this book at a young age. We are all asleep and if we do not take the trouble to compel ourselves to wake up, then we will continue to be at the beck and call of continuing poor government and greedy advertisers.