on 6 February 2009
This book is bar far the best book that I've read recently. I feel the pages soaked through with Jesus, powerful personal experiences, and guidance unlike any other Christian book I've ever read. This book comes from the heart of a humble and sincere man; without Bible or Theological training but schooled in such a climate of adversity and repression, that in the end nothing other that Gods power kept him alive, sane, and ultimatley triumphant to give Gods message to the world. This book may upset some Christians, getting them to question the way they worship God, but this is in many ways what is needed, a powerful tool that smashes stereotypes and changes lifes. This book follows on from the first book the Heavenly man which I would recomend also.
on 2 November 2009
The book contains the key teachings from the experiences of the Chinese underground church that Christians in the west most need to hear. It's a series of short chapters that build one upon the other. Reading the book one chapter a day absolutely changed my walk with the Lord, lifted my faith and brought me back to the Lord's priority for us all of sharing the gospel message. The book is filled with grace and a reliance on the Spirit, rather than "you must do this or that". It gets us back to our daily walk with and intimacy with the Lord and builds on that. It will rekindle your passion for the Lord.
on 14 October 2011
This is truly an amazing book! Not only written from life's experiance but compelling teaching. From my personal view no other book (except the Bible) has challenged my Christian Faith and True Living as a witness to this than this book. The author was recommended to me by a close friend who quoted some of the substance of this book, and i was intrigued; having read several authors about living out the christian life, but this far exceeded my expections. Even now after having read the book i am still thinking through some of the applications i have to adopt to my faith. If you want to do a faith check, then this is a book that will challenge that for the glory and fulfillment of Jesus's purpose for our lives, not for the faint hearted!
on 21 April 2013
The impact of this book can only be enjoyed if at some time in you life you have experienced that wonderful moment enjoyed
when you ask The Lord Jesus to save you. and you can do it now. yes RIGHT NOW Cause Jesus says He that comes to me
shall not be turned away come now just as you are and NOW.HE Loves you whoever you may be and The Lord Jesus paid the price, for your wrong doings your sins by Dying for you. This book is of great support to all believers in GOD young or old and
your degree of Knowledge of the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ can only be helped to grow a lot more into the Stature
of our Lord Jesus. Who IS THE CHRIST THE SON of the LIVING GOD. also Like the EPIC first Book Brother Yun wrote " The
Heavenly Man. it is a Gripping read so both book I would say are vital if you are a Believer and very Enlightening if you are wondering what it is to Know the Living God. both books are don't miss read. thank you Amazon for the very reasonable cost
you have these Books on sale. a big thank you is well deserved D. Knight,
on 20 March 2016
If everyone in the world read this book and put into action what it says, the world would be a much much better place and there would be no more wars. He is a truly inspirational writer - and what's more he has led by example - not just rhetoric, as his courageous life demonstrates. This has been documented in his first book "The Heavenly Man" which was also truly inspirational. That book was voted Christian Book of the Year in 2005. Since his miraculous escape from the maximum security prison in Shanghai, and his amazing escape from China with his family into Burma and thence eventually to Germany, he has continued to pursue his goal of getting the Far East "Back to Jerusalem" and he has had two nationwide tours of Britain giving talks to packed audiences. I and my wife, my brother and sister-in-law were privileged to hear him talk in Horsham and later met him in the town by a fortuitous coincidence, where I was able to talk to him through his Chinese interpreter. Don't under-estimate the value of both of these books. There were very few Christians when he first became an "underground" Christian in the 1980's.
It is because of men like him that China now has in excess of an estimated 100 million Christians.
on 20 November 2012
This sequel to Heavenly Man written by Brother Yun is another gem. Whilst Heavenly Man was a story of Brother Yun's amazing life to date, displaying down-to-earth reality of God working in a man's life, this sequel book is stimulating, challenging, enlightning, thought-provoking, inviting one to reread and reread.
on 18 August 2013
How can you not be challenged and changed by this man's experience of walking with his God. Each of the 28 small chapters has a powerful and practical message of a lifestyle of faith and surrender to God that sadly many only dream of becase they wont face up to he cost of beinga disciple of Jesus. Loved it.
on 30 June 2014
I previously read The Heavenly Man which was brilliant. I cannot put down Living Water and am reading it for the second time. I will be passing it on to others to read but will require it back so that I can dip into it in the future!!
on 26 December 2012
very inspirational and causes me to ask myself what extent i will be prepared to go for the Lord. thank for sharing the experience. the alabaster box has to be broken.
on 15 June 2013
Surely this book deserves a better cover?! The book shows how unfit for purpose the western church has become compared to china's persecuted church. Our Churches are no more than social clubs preaching nothing but grace! We need the whole Gospel, the meat, the whole truth. A book for the Born Again Disciple and there's precious few of them around!