4.0 out of 5 stars Master and disciple
Seen the lot on TV (many times over) but this was my second novel. Far greater detail on Morse himself, especially the back-story about his youth (script ideas for 'Endeavour', anyone?). Even more surprising was the time devoted to develop the character of Lewis whom I had dismissed as a blank sheet of paper in 'Last Seen Wearing'.

One surprise is the...
Published 15 months ago by Officer Dibble

3.0 out of 5 stars My wife and I have always enjoyed the TV series
This a highly convoluted story, typical of Colin Dexter. This is only the second book of his that I have read & it makes me think that he is showing off his erudition; but then he is a college professor. My wife and I have always enjoyed the TV series.
Published 3 months ago by Charles Hooker

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good riddle, 10 Mar. 2014
It is a riddle, keeps you on you toes trying to think who is the murderer. Good one Mr Dexter

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good story, 2 Feb. 2014
Love Inspector Morse books - Mr Dexter pens an excellent read! Thank you Mr Dexter for taking the time to produce such an excellent novel!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Riddle of the Third Mile, 31 Oct. 2013
G. Pettitt - See all my reviews
A good crime story that has more twists than a rope. It takes until the last chapter to find the intricate plot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morse., 16 Jun. 2013
Had these as hard copies until they were 'lost'. I lived in the area which makes the stories more interesting.
Having John Thaw as the picture in my head helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and exciting from the start, 27 May 2013
Excellent read a true masterpiece I loved this book. It was so well written I can't wait to read the rest of the series

5.0 out of 5 stars The Riddle Of The Third Mile. Excellent, 23 Mar. 2013
gary c atkins (leicester.england) - See all my reviews
A very enjoyable read. Five star rating for a brilliant writer. I enjoy the television series of Morse and also the books. This title was typical of Colin Dexter, very hard to put down. I recommend all Morse crime stories to Kindle readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Detective Story, 12 Feb. 2013
Really good plot. Its so good I am reading it for a second time to appreciate fully the story. Best detective story I have read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Feb. 2013
i have read most of Colin Dexter's books, my favorite detective story's, with Morse and Lewis taking center stage. This book doesn't disappoint, full of twists and turns, loved it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted to detective fiction, 23 Oct. 2012
I've never thought I liked crime fiction but then read Watermark and wanted to read more, particularly with universitites and academia as the backdrop. My father-in-law loved Inspector Morse, so I thought I'd try one, and now I'm completely hooked. Colin Dexter is just a great author and the plots and twists in The Riddle of the Third Mile kept me turning the pages from start to finish. The sense of Oxford and the charaters that inhabit the academic world are beautifully evoked, warts and all. I'm sure I'm going to read my way through the whole Colin Dexter catalogue!

3.0 out of 5 stars My wife and I have always enjoyed the TV series, 28 Dec. 2014

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›